ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul....

I don't think she's thaaat hot. I guess maybe she's an Albuquerque 8.5, but I wouldn't go Will Ferrell in Anchor Man over her, if I saw her walk in a room.

Reactions: Been Jammin
The dude can get anyone to believe anything he wants, its not difficult to think he's got enough personality and confidence to land her.

Also....is it really fabricating evidence if there is no case? Playuh was never arrested or even outwardly accused of anything. Thought her hangup on that was odd.

Also....is it really fabricating evidence if there is no case? Playuh was never arrested or even outwardly accused of anything. Thought her hangup on that was odd.

I thought the same thing. It felt like the writers were reaching on that whole deal. Trying to set the stage for her and Jimmy eventually having a falling out, but it felt like a stretch.

The purpose of the fabricating was to ensure "Playuh" wasn't arrested and that the police ceased their snooping. I don't think that it's farfetched at all that Kim would see it as part of Jimmy's pattern of behavior and that it could very likely lead him down the path of wrecking his big chance at Davis & Main.

The purpose of the fabricating was to ensure "Playuh" wasn't arrested and that the police ceased their snooping. I don't think that it's farfetched at all that Kim would see it as part of Jimmy's pattern of behavior and that it could very likely lead him down the path of wrecking his big chance at Davis & Main.

I get why Kim would be upset, just from a law standpoint it didn't seem like the right way to put what he did, which is out of character for a lawyer. Also she was perfectly fine with him interfering with the investigation, just not creating the tape.

Seemed odd and a bit sloppy, but I may be wrong on it not being "fabrication of evidence"

I get why Kim would be upset, just from a law standpoint it didn't seem like the right way to put what he did, which is out of character for a lawyer. Also she was perfectly fine with him interfering with the investigation, just not creating the tape.

Seemed odd and a bit sloppy, but I may be wrong on it not being "fabrication of evidence"

Remember, she was fine with the story of squat cobbler. She only got upset when he said they produced an actual video.

Remember, she was fine with the story of squat cobbler. She only got upset when he said they produced an actual video.

Yeah.....that's what I just said lol. She's fine with him interfering with the investigation, but not the tape. Seems odd.

I would consider that to be fabrication of evidence.

It's one thing for a lawyer to say if you continue to investigate, this is going to be our story and defense. It's another to actually manufacture physical evidence to support the story afterwards. IMO, it would be very similar to working up a set of false books/account records after the fact to give to the police.

So, is Jimmy really dumb enough to think he wasn't going to be roasted for running the commercial by then powers that be or is he just trying to get fired?

So, is Jimmy really dumb enough to think he wasn't going to be roasted for running the commercial by then powers that be or is he just trying to get fired?

I think he surely knew he would get called to the floor for running it, but also believed the response from new clients for the case would save him from firing.

That's why they had the whole scene regarding the setting up of the phone bank and his relief when the calls started coming in.

I don't think he was making smart decisions because Chuck had made him look bad in the meeting. Chuck turned a pat on the back and positive strokes into a situation where Jimmy's attempts to acquire new plaintiffs were likely to fail, making Jimmy look like a failure.

I think Jimmy was rationalizing his behavior because he was afraid he would not be allowed to use the commercial and he had no real options to acquire more plaintiffs. Even though he should have gone through the proper channels, he figured it was worth the risk. Either the commercial would bomb and the partners might not find out about it, or it would bring in a ton of new plaintiffs and they might overlook the fact that he didn't go through the proper channels.

Of course, he didn't account for the 3rd possibility....I suspect that it will look like they are willing to overlook Jimmy's transgressions until Chuck forces the issue and convinces them that they can't let Jimmy get away with skirting proper protocol.

They wanted more clients, he got more clients. And spent very little money doing it. Now the partners, undoubtedly spurred by Chuck, want a piece of his butt.

The show is about Jimmy racking up bitterness, not success.

I think it came down to it being easier to get forgiveness then permission. He walked all the way to the partners office with the commercial in his hand stood outside and then walked away and ran it. He had confidence that it would succeed but was afraid the partners would never let him do it. He figured as long as it is successful they might not like it but would ultimately accept it.

I would be surprised if he get fired at this point. You know he's eventually going to get screwed on the Sandpiper deal but I think there is a lot more left in the storyline.

Last edited:
Forget the boring sandpiper stuff.....who is mike going after? Tuco?

Thought about that but we know they both survive until Breaking Bad although there was no Nacho so if I'm a betting men this is not going to end well for him.

Pretty sure Nacho was one of the guys that kidnapped Jesse in the first few episodes...and ended up being melted by acid in the bathtub.

Crazy 8 was the one held by Walt and Jesse in the basement. He was on Saul a few weeks ago.

The least few episodes have been the best stuff on TV. The number of Breaking Bad characters alone has been nice and handled very well.

Crazy 8 was the one held by Walt and Jesse in the basement. He was on Saul a few weeks ago.

gallery-1457497633-screen-shot-2016-03-08-at-232633.png

Since Mike was watching Tuco's uncle at the end and in the preview I've got to think we are about to find out how he ended up in the wheel chair. At this point Mike may be breaking bad faster then Jimmie. Clearly the whole Mike, Nacho, Tuco storyline isn't done yet.

Last edited:
Ditto on the wheelchair, and I had the exact same thought that we are about to see Mike "Break Bad".

That would be consistent with Mike eventually teaming up with Gus

Ditto on the wheelchair, and I had the exact same thought that we are about to see Mike "Break Bad".

But, hasn't that already happened? I can't remember the first season very well, but didn't he kill some bad cops? His reasons may have been noble, but he is already a murderer.

Walt was a high school chemistry teacher at the start of BB. He turned into a Meth producer and drug kingpin, so we watched him "break bad".

It seems like Mike is what he is and this has been basically the same guy in both BCS and BB.

That would be consistent with Mike eventually teaming up with Gus

Fred,

Refresh my memory. Was it Gus that had the long standing rivalry with the Salamanca's? Didn't the Salamanca's kill his boyfriend and business partner?

But, hasn't that already happened? I can't remember the first season very well, but didn't he kill some bad cops? His reasons may have been noble, but he is already a murderer.

Walt was a high school chemistry teacher at the start of BB. He turned into a Meth producer and drug kingpin, so we watched him "break bad".

It seems like Mike is what he is and this has been basically the same guy in both BCS and BB.

My memory is fuzzy as well, but i thought it was basically self defense. They were taking him out to the industrial area to kill him. He baited them into it by pretending to be drunk, but he knew they were going to try to off him soon. I think BB Mike is much more cold than beginning of BCS Mike. Its more of a mental state breaking bad with Mike IMO, actions are similar, but the reasons behind the actions change.

Yep, Mike killed the two cops who he knew had killed his son. He hung around the bar pretending to get drunk every night waiting and baiting for them to make their move. (He had a "burner" gun hidden on him just for that situation and when they made their move, he took them out.) Definitely had a big "self-defense" element to it.

I don't think he directly played any role in Tio Hector ending up in a wheelchair. If I recall correctly, Hector had a stroke and thus his inability to speak clearly and need for the wheelchair. Gus was still in cahoots with them (Tuco and Hector) and their cartel until much later in BB, when he took them out with the poisoned Tequila. Saul, and by extension Mike were still performing "services" for the cartel and Gus at a time well after these events.

Yep, Mike killed the two cops who he knew had killed his son. He hung around the bar pretending to get drunk every night waiting and baiting for them to make their move. (He had a "burner" gun hidden on him just for that situation and when they made their move, he took them out.) Definitely had a big "self-defense" element to it.

I don't think he directly played any role in Tio Hector ending up in a wheelchair. If I recall correctly, Hector had a stroke and thus his inability to speak clearly and need for the wheelchair. Gus was still in cahoots with them (Tuco and Hector) and their cartel until much later in BB, when he took them out with the poisoned Tequila. Saul, and by extension Mike were still performing "services" for the cartel and Gus at a time well after these events.

OK...so, Gus had a grudge against the cartel but continued to work with them and was biding his time until he could get his revenge. Is that accurate?

You could see the pure rage in Mike's face at the end from them threatening his granddaughter.

No talk about Monday's episode? The previews for next week's episode make it look like Jimmy gets busted f'n with Chuck's Mesa Verde documents.

Was so pissed the episode was over before we got to see what the nail hose was gonna' do.

Only two more episodes. This show is so damn good, goes down like a perfectly balanced beer on a warm summer evening. The acting, the story-telling, some of the camera shots; everything, just outstanding.

I assume the nail hose is going to blow Hector's tires to disable his vehicle in an opportune place to shoot him, but maybe that's too obvious.

No talk about Monday's episode? The previews for next week's episode make it look like Jimmy gets busted f'n with Chuck's Mesa Verde documents.

Was so pissed the episode was over before we got to see what the nail hose was gonna' do.

New level of sorriest for Chuck. Also showed just how crazy he is and how he can be just fine if he wills himself but be. Another step down the road to being Saul for Jimmy. Very interested to see where the Kim and Jimmy storyline goes. This is really the story of three people breaking bad and we know the fate of Jimmy and Mike. Kin's the wildcard. My guess is it get's a lot worse for Kim before her ultimate demise The Mike and Hector storyline continues to be the most fascinating to me. Hector was clearly the brains behind the operation. Got to believe Tuco didn't last very long once Hector was disabled which makes be wonder where we are at in the timeline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT