ADVERTISEMENT

Beto: "EC basically just like slavery"

The good guys/gals
I like the idea of splitting NY into states. NYC area, East New York, and West New York.

ny_2016.png

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
That gray haired black cat that said Guam would tip over from the weight of objects on top, he was just kidding right?
Come on, he was yanking everyone, right?

Reactions: iasooner1
get on board now and maybe you can have a say in where the lines are drawn
I'm a pass at this point. The Republicans do a really good job of gerrymandering. With Democrats primarily occupying large urban areas on the coast, I have faith that the Republicans can create more red states than the Democrats can blue states. Did you see the 2016 presidential election map? Holy shit it was an ocean of red.

I'm a pass at this point. The Republicans do a really good job of gerrymandering. With Democrats primarily occupying large urban areas on the coast, I have faith that the Republicans can create more red states than the Democrats can blue states. Did you see the 2016 presidential election map? Holy shit it was an ocean of red.

Congrats on the republican grass.

As it shall be in 2020.

James Madison, on democracies: “they are incompatible with personal security and the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths”.

James Madison, on democracies: “they are incompatible with personal security and the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths”.
James Madison was also in favor of electing the president by popular vote, but it was politically untenable since slaves wouldn't be counted in the popular vote.

"Mr. MADISON..... The people at large was in his opinion the fittest in itself. It would be as likely as any that could be devised to produce an Executive Magistrate of distinguished Character. The people generally could only know & vote for some Citizen whose merits had rendered him an object of general attention & esteem. There was one difficulty however of a serious nature attending an immediate choice by the people. The right of suffrage was much more diffusive in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of the Negroes. The substitution of electors obviated this difficulty and seemed on the whole to be liable to fewest objections."

James Madison was also in favor of electing the president by popular vote, but it was politically untenable since slaves wouldn't be counted in the popular vote.

"Mr. MADISON..... The people at large was in his opinion the fittest in itself. It would be as likely as any that could be devised to produce an Executive Magistrate of distinguished Character. The people generally could only know & vote for some Citizen whose merits had rendered him an object of general attention & esteem. There was one difficulty however of a serious nature attending an immediate choice by the people. The right of suffrage was much more diffusive in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of the Negroes. The substitution of electors obviated this difficulty and seemed on the whole to be liable to fewest objections."

Big surprise -- the policy of the EC has always been rooted in disenfranchisement.

Thanks Glove.

He has got you there @Syskatine . Only a smug ****ing dumbass would fail to see what Madison was making explicit, the EC was about the enfranchisement of slaveholders.

It's true

How so? I might could give you a pass if our government was a Democracy but it's not, it's a Constitutional Republic. Regardless of the lefts manipulation of the ignorant, our government is specifically designed to keep the masses from ruling over the individual.

How so? I might could give you a pass if our government was a Democracy but it's not, it's a Constitutional Republic. Regardless of the lefts manipulation of the ignorant, our government is specifically designed to keep the masses from ruling over the individual.
Did you know that if we abolished the Senate (by constitution amendment) we would remain a constitutional republic?

Did you know that if we abolished the Senate (by constitution amendment) we would remain a constitutional republic?

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Can we talk about things that are actually reasonable?

Actually that passage is not about stopping legitimate voters from voting if a popular election was adopted and more about limiting the individual states ability to cheat by ballooning their votes in order to influence the final outcome.

He has got you there @Syskatine . Only a smug ****ing dumbass would fail to see what Madison was making explicit, the EC was about the enfranchisement of slaveholders.

Black and white quote in front of him and says the opposite is true and cusses me out, lol. Good conservative dialogue if there ever was.

Nothing infuriates him like being presented with black and white evidence that contradicts what he wants the facts to be.

Actually that passage is not about stopping legitimate voters from voting if a popular election was adopted and more about limiting the individual states ability to cheat by ballooning their votes in order to influence the final outcome.
Ballooning votes by granting suffrage to slaves

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Can we talk about things that are actually reasonable?
Sure. Constitutional republicanism is entirely consistent with representation based solely on population.

Sure. Constitutional republicanism is entirely consistent with representation based solely on population.[/QUOTE

Since this issue was specifically debated and agreed upon during the creation of the Constitution, it is a settled matter.

May I introduce you to this little thing called Article V of the Constitution.

You only need a 2/3 majority in both chambers and then 3/4 of the states to make it happen. What's the holdup?
Again, we will probably take the easy route and pack the senate like we will the courts.

Does it give any liberal pause that they want kids and illegals to vote, have to abolish the senate and EC in order to beat the dumb rednecks lead by Hitler? Is being less ridiculous and not having a stupid message based on skin color, giveaways and the opinions of Hollywood nut jobs even on the table in your liberal minds?

Could it be you just have stupid ideas that have been proven not to work? Is that just a little bit possible?

Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT