ADVERTISEMENT

Best breakfast place you have ever eaten

Cafe Kacao and Neighborhood Jam in OKC. Shortcakes was my go to in Stillwater, but I’m not sure that I remember how to get to it sober
Neighborhood Jam is the rage in OKC right now. Hard to get in. The Hatch is really good as well.

1. Jim’s in Austin is pretty effing good (24 hrs)
2. Blue Bonnet Cafe, Marble Falls (anyplace with Pie Happy Hour and Breakfast All Day pretty good)

front.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

lol @ Jim’s are you kidding?

Blue Bonnet is great if you love homemade pies.

I’ll stick w South Congress Cafe and the Sunday brunch at Moonshine.

Shout out to all those drunk mornings at Shortcakes.

Reactions: davidallen
I see some places others have mentioned. If you like some variety try Hefner Grill brunch in OKC and get their best Bloody Mary. Or, try the Whiskey Cake brunch.

When I lived in NYC, the place tourists don't know about is the Wollensky grill. It is a hole in the wall place BEHIND the famous steak restaurant Smith and Wollensky's. They serve lunch and dinner in a full menu, but the secret is they're open for breakfast. They take the leftover prime rib from the night before and make prime rib hash for breakfast that is the best breakfast I've ever had.

But as far as greasy spoon breakfasts, I like Phil's Diner in Tulsa

Reactions: anon_xl72qcu5isp39
best night at shortcakes
selling my booth to some slicks

anyone ever calculate how much money you think you spent on beer in college?

First, Wright’s Bacon is the best bacon.

George’s in Oak Park, IL (Chicago)

This place is da bomb. George is from Eastern Europe. His entire family works there. The omelets, hash browns, atmosphere is awesome. All kinds of languages being spoken. Our place was right across the street. My wife and kids would have eaten there every day. My son wants to go to Chicago for Spring break just to eat there. Share your breakfast spot.
Anyplace that has a good green chile for their breakfast burrito, biscuits also high on my list, others;
Black Walnut Houston
Pearls OKC brunch
Cafe 33 Perkins

The Breakfast Nook in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho.

They had cool stuff on the menu and we ate there 4 days straight. So good!

Hash House in Vegas hands down
I ate at Hash House A Go Go last Sunday. It was awesome.

Anyone who says Shortcakes has either not been there in a long time or has never eaten at a decent breakfast spot.

New Orleans: Jimmy J's, Ruby Slipper

Tulsa: BBD II, Lucky's, Smoke on Cherry, Tally's (new South location), Savoy

Last edited:
Reactions: BWM85
lol @ Jim’s are you kidding?

Blue Bonnet is great if you love homemade pies.

I’ll stick w South Congress Cafe and the Sunday brunch at Moonshine.

Shout out to all those drunk mornings at Shortcakes.

Jim’s—
Got everything I require
187ae3baf1e1e8677a8ff5fbb043ee6b.jpg

Zaguan Cafe in Uptown Dallas is bigtime!

Best breakfast in OKC could be Biscuit Debris at Picasso Cafe: homemade biscuits covered with cheddar cream sauce, green chilies, pulled pork, 2 eggs over easy, onion strings......................now I'm hungry!

Santiago's in Denver. Best breakfast burrito on the planet.
Brennen's in New Orleans - home of the eggs Benedict.
Hash House A go go - Las Vegas. Chicken and Waffles.
Talley's in Tulsa - hottest waitresses since the Playboy Club.
Corn Cafe in Corn, OK. - Best cinnamon roles. German / Mennonite home cooked food.

Manuel’s Port Isabel, TX has monster sized breakfast burritos.

Had a cinnamon roll in Stonewall/Weston Colorado that was out of this world good.

Santiago's in Denver. Best breakfast burrito on the planet.
Brennen's in New Orleans - home of the eggs Benedict.
Hash House A go go - Las Vegas. Chicken and Waffles.
Talley's in Tulsa - hottest waitresses since the Playboy Club.
Corn Cafe in Corn, OK. - Best cinnamon roles. German / Mennonite home cooked food.
I saw ol Tally with his hands in a bad spot with a waitress in there one day, never went back.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Locally I like Apple Barrel in Bixby much better than Savoy's. Pancakes on the Rocks in Sydney is very good. First time I ever ate pancakes with ice cream on top, If you've never tried it you should. It's actually pretty darn good served that way.

The Pantry - Green Mountain Falls Colorado
Wee Too - Enid OK
Sheldon’s - Colorado Springs

There is a Hatch opening up across from Top Golf next to Fuzzys . Snooz in Denver is amazing

Sean Cumming’s has been opening his restaurant, Bacon, for brunch on weekends lately.

I am hooked.

Reactions: shortbus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT