ADVERTISEMENT

About Signature Grill in Edmond

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
We celebrated our 52nd anniversary last night with a meal at Signature Grill. For those that have never eaten there before, I would strongly recommend you do so. To those who suggeted it I have nothing but "thank you's" all around.

It is small and a little dark, suggesting an intimate meal is about to be had. I would say the atmosphere was reminiscent of the original Vito's Italian on North May before it upgraded and moved across the street. (Full disclosure: I have not eaten at Vito's since they moved, so the atmosphere may still be the same). Small, dark, the owner moving around greeting everyone. Being old we got early reservations, so it wasn't until we were finished that the place started to fill up. So it was quiet, we could talk without yelling, which, at our age is a good thing indeed.

But what about the food, you ask. We both agree it was the most flavorful and delicious meal we had ever eaten. The beef ternderlon was so soft you could almost eat it without chewing. The scalloped potato literally melts in your mouth. The crab cake appetizer was perfect, the sauce just the right amount of tangy. Best Caesar salad ever! The mojito was tall, very cold and one lasted through the whole meal. The service/wait staff was not as "sophisticated" as Mahogany, but it was excellent as it was. This has become our new "go-to" place. We loved everything about it! To those who pointed me in this direction I owe a huge debt of gratitude. It made our celebration more special than expected.

Last edited:
I guess all those years of dinning in fancy restaurants while entertaining clients has left a bad taste in my mouth. I much prefer a good BBQ joint that serves cold beer but I'm glad you enjoyed.
Who could argue against BBQ and cold beer?

Last edited:
Reactions: davidallen
I’m glad you enjoyed, Dan. It’s literally our favorite special occasion place. That tenderloin with the smoked bleu cheese and Cabernet reduction is my death row meal.

excellent review of the best place to dine in the metro

chef owned old school

the mahogany “sophistication” is a well executed well trained corporate playbook. you will always get a good meal and good service. no lifes blood

We celebrated our 52nd anniversary last night with a meal at Signature Grill. For those that have never eaten there before, I would strongly recommend you do so. To those who suggeted it I have nothing but "thank you's" all around.

It is small and a little dark, suggesting an intimate meal is about to be had. I would say the atmosphere was reminiscent of the original Vito's Italian on North May before it upgraded and moved across the street. (Full disclosure: I have not eaten at Vito's since they moved, so the atmosphere may still be the same). Small, dark, the owner moving around greeting everyone. Being old we got early reservations, so it wasn't until we were finished that the place started to fill up. So it was quiet, we could talk without yelling, which, at our age is a good thing indeed.

But what about the food, you ask. We both agree it was the most flavorful and delicious meal we had ever eaten. The beef ternderlon was so soft you could almost eat it without chewing. The scalloped potato literally melts in your mouth. The crab cake apetizer was perfect, the sauce just the right amount of tangy. Best Caesar salad ever! The mojito was tall, very cold and one lasted through the whole meal. The service/wait staff was not as "sophisticated" as Mahogany, but it was excellent as it was. This has become our new "go-to" place. We loved everything about it! To those who pointed me in this direction I owe a huge debt of gratitude. It made our celebration more special than expected.
Great place to eat!!

Reactions: Ponca Dan

But what about the food, you ask. We both agree it was the most flavorful and delicious meal we had ever eaten. The beef ternderlon was so soft you could almost eat it without chewing. The scalloped potato literally melts in your mouth. The crab cake apetizer was perfect, the sauce just the right amount of tangy. Best Caesar salad ever! The mojito was tall, very cold and one lasted through the whole meal. The service/wait staff was not as "sophisticated" as Mahogany, but it was excellent as it was. This has become our new "go-to" place. We loved everything about it! To those who pointed me in this direction I owe a huge debt of gratitude. It made our celebration more special than expected.
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. We just went last weekend for my wife's birthday, both had the tenderloins. We've been probably a dozen times now and have never had a single complaint. Next time try the lobster bisque.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
no baked potato at that place...what the heck?!?!

Signature Grill is tremendous.

I just wanted to address your second paragraph about Vito's. Cathy and Sean Cummings are friends of mine. Cathy is the owner/operator of Vito's and Sean is the owner/operator of Sean Cumming's Irish Pub.

The move across the street was not so much an upgrade as a move forced by the landlord of the other spot. Sean and Cathy shared that original spot between their two restaurants and the landlord would not renew the lease because he didn't like the Irish Pub portion of their endeavors. Primarily because of parking and crowd issues during St. Patrick's day. Sean tried a couple of other restaurants on his side (Land and Sea and Bacon....which were both excellent) for a couple of years, but really wanted the old pub back. An opportunity came to buy the building across the street. Sean moved his pub over there first and then when the lease ran out for Cathy she moved back in a shared space with Sean.

Not much has changed between the two spots. Sean and Cathy's restaurants share the space. The service and food are still as good as it ever was. Sean and Cathy still roam the room greeting everyone and making sure everything is to the satisfaction of the customer. The atmosphere is still very much the same.

Sean and Cathy are good people and I would encourage you to try the new place. I will warn you though, you probably wouldn't like their politics if you get into a conversation on that topic.

I love Vito's red sauce. I also might be partial to the name a tad.

Geelong Cats Flirt GIF by NAB

I just wanted to address your second paragraph about Vito's. Cathy and Sean Cummings are friends of mine. Cathy is the owner/operator of Vito's and Sean is the owner/operator of Sean Cumming's Irish Pub.

The move across the street was not so much an upgrade as a move forced by the landlord of the other spot. Sean and Cathy shared that original spot between their two restaurants and the landlord would not renew the lease because he didn't like the Irish Pub portion of their endeavors. Primarily because of parking and crowd issues during St. Patrick's day. Sean tried a couple of other restaurants on his side (Land and Sea and Bacon....which were both excellent) for a couple of years, but really wanted the old pub back. An opportunity came to buy the building across the street. Sean moved his pub over there first and then when the lease ran out for Cathy she moved back in a shared space with Sean.

Not much has changed between the two spots. Sean and Cathy's restaurants share the space. The service and food are still as good as it ever was. Sean and Cathy still roam the room greeting everyone and making sure everything is to the satisfaction of the customer. The atmosphere is still very much the same.

Sean and Cathy are good people and I would encourage you to try the new place. I will warn you though, you probably wouldn't like their politics if you get into a conversation on that topic.
We used to eat at Vitos a lot. I don't know why we stopped going there. We just never remembered it for some reason. Then I'd drive by and think we need to go to Vitos again. We'll definately have to get to the "new" place!

Reactions: CowboyJD

Haven’t been to Sean Cummings pub since he moved but enjoyed that place. I have been to Vito’s and will be back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT