ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Political Question For Anyone With An Opinion

Yea I am eating at Sig Grill soon. @squeak is someone I trust with food recommendations so their backing interest me. This French place sounds great have to do that next year. This year I am taking the wife to Mama’s Fish House.

Reactions: squeak and Medic007
Yea I am eating at Sig Grill soon. @squeak is someone I trust with food recommendations so their backing interest me. This French place sounds great have to do that next year. This year I am taking the wife to Mama’s Fish House.
Is this because I despise Whataburger or because I’m fat?

One last recommendation…if you like Tex-Mex, fly her to Bracelona and go to Margarita Blue in old town.

Vast in the Devon Tower is a very nice dinning experience.
That ride up the elevator should have told my wife how much I loved her. Then I had to go down. If that place was on the first floor it would be great.

What is the steak place right out side of the Devon Tower?

That ride up the elevator should have told my wife how much I loved her. Then I had to go down. If that place was on the first floor it would be great.

What is the steak place right out side of the Devon Tower?
Mahogany?

Our wedding anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. I always take my better half to dinner to celebrate. We prefer steak houses.

We have eaten at Mahogany many times, love the food and the service is splendid. We celebrated our anniversary there two or three years ago, and they bent over backwards to make us happy. The problem with Mahogany is it no longer seems special, it’s kind of where we go when we want a steak.

Likewise we've been to The Ranch several times. Not as often as Mahogany, but we like it a lot. The food and service are very good. But like Mahogany it has just been a place to go, it’s no longer something we look forward to like we did in the past.

So this year I’m looking for something new for us. I’m trying to choose between two places we’ve never been: Opus Steakhouse and Red Prime. Anybody have an opinion on either one of these? Or is there another place I am failing to consider? I could use all the input you can provide!
Signature grill in Edmond. You’ll need to call for reservations, but it’s my favorite restaurant in the entire city.

There is a small, very intimate higher end restaurant in North Edmond on Danforth called Signature Grill. There aren’t more than 10-12 tables, and it’s very dark and cozy. They have a great Beef Tenderloin with smoked blue cheese and a red wine reduction. The kitchen is visible through a large window, so you can see the cooks function, and it’s pretty interesting. It’s our anniversary spot, and we’ve steered several couples there and they have not been disappointed.
Dude. We were one of the first diners when it opened. That steak you referenced is my death row meal. Should have read down the thread before I made my recommendation. Husband does the cooking and wife runs front of house. It’s absolutely out go to special occasion meal.

Mahogany?
No it is in the hotel or building right East on the same block as the Devon. I always thought it looked good but no one I know has ate there. Its like its primitive or something. It is between Mahogany and Vast though. littler place.

No it is in the hotel or building right East on the same block as the Devon. I always thought it looked good but no one I know has ate there. Its like its primitive or something. It is between Mahogany and Vast though. littler place.
Flint?

Dude. We were one of the first diners when it opened. That steak you referenced is my death row meal. Should have read down the thread before I made my recommendation. Husband does the cooking and wife runs front of house. It’s absolutely out go to special occasion meal.
Well you guys have convinced me. I’m calling Monday to make a reservation. I hope their barkeep knows how to make a good Mojito!

Reactions: iasooner2000
Texas de Brazil doesn’t look like something we’d want for our anniversary, but we may check it out this weekend. Is it as good as it looks?
Love Tejas de Brazil, but I wouldn’t go there for a romantic dinner. Every time I eat there, I just want to drop on a couch and take a nap afterward.

I ate there in Baton Rouge several years ago, right after doing happy hour at a wine bar. Anyway, there’s a big ass tour bus parked in front of TDB with LSU wrapping when we get there. I’m walking into the restaurant while looking back at the bus, when I feel someone hand-checking me and saying “pardon me” or something to that effect. When I turn forward, I’m standing face-to-face with Les Miles. I said something like “sorry coach” and we both kept going about our business. I never saw who was on the bus, but Miles got into a suburban, with a young black man who was dressed sort of preppy, but underdressed for that restaurant. I assume he was a recruit, but I never found out why the bus was there. Pretty sure it was during the off season as well, maybe a month after CFB season.

Love Tejas de Brazil, but I wouldn’t go there for a romantic dinner. Every time I eat there, I just want to drop on a couch and take a nap afterward.

I ate there in Baton Rouge several years ago, right after doing happy hour at a wine bar. Anyway, there’s a big ass tour bus parked in front of TDB with LSU wrapping when we get there. I’m walking into the restaurant while looking back at the bus, when I feel someone hand-checking me and saying “pardon me” or something to that effect. When I turn forward, I’m standing face-to-face with Les Miles. I said something like “sorry coach” and we both kept going about our business. I never saw who was on the bus, but Miles got into a suburban, with a young black man who was dressed sort of preppy, but underdressed for that restaurant. I assume he was a recruit, but I never found out why the bus was there. Pretty sure it was during the off season as well, maybe a month after CFB season.
Wrong board to tell a Les Miles story., unless it tells what a low class back stabbing SOB he is.

Maybe but he got you two wins in a row vs the Sooners before he defected, no small feat
Yeah, we loved him until he showed his true character. Full disclosure: when he moved to Stilly he built a big beautiful new house and bought a vacuum system from me. I thought he was the cat’s meow. My assessment of him radically changed when he departed the way he did. Les Miles: Yuck!

Wrong board to tell a Les Miles story., unless it tells what a low class back stabbing SOB he is.
Actually, it was more of a “transitive backstab” from Nick Saban. Saban took the Miami job long after all the “CFB coaching dust” had settled for that season. LSU then poached Miles, who was the hottest coach available at the time. It’s interesting to think about how things might have played out had Saban left LSU at the end of the regular season that year, instead of after the bowl game.

Actually, it was more of a “transitive backstab” from Nick Saban. Saban took the Miami job long after all the “CFB coaching dust” had settled for that season. LSU then poached Miles, who was the hottest coach available at the time. It’s interesting to think about how things might have played out had Saban left LSU at the end of the regular season that year, instead of after the bowl game.
This requires very deep thinking. 😂

Cowboy fans are used to OSU being a stepping stone job. But Les Miles’ departure was pure treasonous back stabbing rubbing our noses in it because he didn’t get everything he wanted. About as intentionally destructive as I’ve ever seen. I repeat, Les Miles: Yuck!

Cowboy fans are used to OSU being a stepping stone job. But Les Miles’ departure was pure treasonous back stabbing rubbing our noses in it because he didn’t get everything he wanted. About as intentionally destructive as I’ve ever seen. I repeat, Les Miles: Yuck!

You obviously never lived in Dallas with OSU season football tickets, and had to sit through Fat Pat's 0-10-1 season as this loyal fan did. I'll take Lester any day.

I’ve eaten there many times. It’s ok. Salmon Caesar salad is really good.
Aw I hoping it was a good one. I like the look of the decor and stuff. Might have to try it one night if we are free ranging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT