ADVERTISEMENT

Banning sanctuary cities?

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
I’ve heard Trump say he will “ban sanctuary cities” twice recently. I have no idea what he means by this.

Anybody have any specifics on this?

I’ve heard Trump say he will “ban sanctuary cities” twice recently. I have no idea what he means by this.

Anybody have any specifics on this?
Seems pretty self-explanatory.

He will get Congress to ban them. He will also deny federal funds to cities and/or states that have them.

It's often instructive to take Trump figuratively moreso than literally. Can Trump ban sanctuary cities by himself as President? I don't think so.

Can he severely punish cities and states that allow them? Yes. Can get pressure Congress to pass laws and ban them outright? Yes.

Can he do something about Sanctuary Cities? Yes.

Last edited:

He will get Congress to ban them. He will also deny federal funds to cities and/or states that have them.

It's often instructive to take Trump figuratively moreso than literally. Can Trump ban sanctuary cities by himself as President? I don't think so.

Can he severely punish cities and states that allow them? Yes. Can get pressure Congress to pass laws and ban them outright? Yes.

Doug, Greg and Ron will gladly send bus loads of our illegal tourists for a permanent visit. 🤣

He won't have to ban sanctuary cities. They'll self-police. If you crack down and start deporting from the non-sanctuary cities, then suddenly all the illegals will go to the sanctuary cities, which as we saw with Abbott's bussing strategy, will lead to the cities themselves declaring themselves to NOT be sanctuary cities.

Edit: The greatest thing the Republicans can do in the immigration fight is make the democrats suffer the consequences of their electoral choices. That's how you get the suburban moms (in blue city areas) to suddenly start voting Red again. That's how you get the inner city, which sees its handouts, government housing, etc. now going to someone else, start voting Red.

He won't have to ban sanctuary cities. They'll self-police. If you crack down and start deporting from the non-sanctuary cities, then suddenly all the illegals will go to the sanctuary cities, which as we saw with Abbott's bussing strategy, will lead to the cities themselves declaring themselves to NOT be sanctuary cities.

Edit: The greatest thing the Republicans can do in the immigration fight is make the democrats suffer the consequences of their electoral choices. That's how you get the suburban moms (in blue city areas) to suddenly start voting Red again. That's how you get the inner city, which sees its handouts, government housing, etc. now going to someone else, start voting Red.
Didn't take mayor Adams very long to realize this. Sleepy just ignored his greased up cryin ass. 🤣

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

OK, but I wish he would stop saying shit like that which is easily exploited by the left to brand him as a dictator.

I was wondering if he had a plan to arrest mayors or police chiefs who willfully interfered with federal law enforcement. That would be something which would potentially be within executive branch authority and wouldn’t need legislative action to accomplish.

OK, but I wish he would stop saying shit like that which is easily exploited by the left to brand him as a dictator.

I was wondering if he had a plan to arrest mayors or police chiefs who willfully interfered with federal law enforcement. That would be something which would potentially be within executive branch authority and wouldn’t need legislative action to accomplish.

the soon to be exposed
ccp/dnc/class of unelected deep state
that has been running this country

will have zero narrative power

russian collusion w/ wild ass prosecutors ginning up false obstruction cases

ukraine phone call impeachment

covid bioweapons

no more fear of mass media exploration
the American people want the orange man
with mandate level voter margins to back it up

no more apparatchiks

beaurocrats soon to be talking like this to 60minutes

the soon to be exposed
ccp/dnc/class of unelected deep state
that has been running this country

will have zero narrative power

russian collusion w/ wild ass prosecutors ginning up false obstruction cases

ukraine phone call impeachment

covid bioweapons

no more fear of mass media exploration
the American people want the orange man
with mandate level voter margins to back it up
I appreciate your optimism. We will see soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT