ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari?

Figured it would come to this sooner or later - one side has no argument left so it devolves into an entire school and fanbase getting trashed for the actions of one man serving life for the crimes he committed.

Hang onto the hate gentlemen, but please try to find some good in your lives as well.

See you Saturday night in Detroit - oh wait, maybe not...
;)
Keep defending child predators. If there is a place in this world for hate it is for child predators and their enablers. That stench isn’t washing off.

Typical response from someone inside the PSU bubble. It wasn't the actions of one man. Paterno knew. The administration knew. And no one took action, allowing Sandusky to prey on children for another decade. Something your fan base still defends or casts aside.

And you felt compelled to trash AJ's behavior on your site, leveling a series of personal insults. But you conveniently ignored the behavior of some of your wrestlers.

PSU will likely win this year. They won in 2011 too. That was after Cael took a suspended, troubled alcoholic out of rehab and transferred him in mid season to gain more points at nationals. 5 months later that transfer sexually assaulted a classmate's mother in a drunken stupor. Apparently behavior wasn't really important then.
Here's the part where I ask for proof of the bolded part above and you provide none.

AJ's behavior deserves to be trashed, as it goes beyond the normal exuberance of youth and rises to the level of long term stupidity that thankfully didn't result in a loss of life. You're right that I didn't mention the behavior of PSU wrestlers on the PSU site since it wasn't the topic and many there I'm sure know the details. If brought up I would absolutely say Ed Ruth's actions were incredibly stupid as well.

Never spoke with Cael directly, but I'm assuming he was thinking of second chances wrt the Long transfer. Hard to hold him accountable for what happened 5 months later. Long pleaded guilty and received his punishment. Question - let's presume AJ gets a short prison sentence under Oklahoma statues of reckless driving (don't think he will but it does fit the definition). Should he be dismissed from the team and be done wrestling forever? Or should he get a second chance?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Keep defending child predators. If there is a place in this world for hate it is for child predators and their enablers. That stench isn’t washing off.
Trouble reading, comprehension or both? Show me where I defended Sandusky? Did say I'm glad he's in jail and have no problem seeing him die there.

Getting spicy in here!

Hard to imagine going to PSU's or Iowa's or whoever's board to share my feelings about their wrestlers unless I just really wanted to praise their athleticism or success. I have wondered what Iowa fans think of a few of their individuals' general antics, but again not enough to go make an account on their board and then find a thread to post on. Different strokes I suppose.

Long screwed up, Ed Ruth screwed up and AJ screwed up. We have all screwed up and made mistakes. Maybe not punishable by the court of law but we are all guilty of at one point in our lives. The people I’m mentioning above are college kids. We don’t know their childhood or any private details of their lives that may have lead to these actions. I’m not defending any of their actions, but for AJ he has a big personality and you either love him for who he is or you don’t. For non OSU fans you probably don’t like him, prob because he’s a great wrestler and he knows it and he isn’t afraid to love himself and his accomplishments. We all can agree what he did was stupid and he’s very lucky it turned out the way it did. We don’t need to insult and belittling these kids on their personal lives and the decisions they make outside of wrestling. That’s for their parents and coaches to figure out.

But also, **** PSU and **** their shitty fans.

Here's the part where I ask for proof of the bolded part above and you provide none.

AJ's behavior deserves to be trashed, as it goes beyond the normal exuberance of youth and rises to the level of long term stupidity that thankfully didn't result in a loss of life. You're right that I didn't mention the behavior of PSU wrestlers on the PSU site since it wasn't the topic and many there I'm sure know the details. If brought up I would absolutely say Ed Ruth's actions were incredibly stupid as well.

Never spoke with Cael directly, but I'm assuming he was thinking of second chances wrt the Long transfer. Hard to hold him accountable for what happened 5 months later. Long pleaded guilty and received his punishment. Question - let's presume AJ gets a short prison sentence under Oklahoma statues of reckless driving (don't think he will but it does fit the definition). Should he be dismissed from the team and be done wrestling forever? Or should he get a second chance?
The investigation revealed email discussions by the PSU administration about the 1998 Sandusky incident. One email even had the subject "Joe Paterno". Another said "coach wants to know where things stand". Paterno would later claim in 2012 that he didn't know anything about the 1998 incident. If Paterno and the others had taken action in 2001, they would have prevented Sandusky from molesting more children.

And you didn't just criticize AJ's behavior/judgement that evening - you slammed him personally. Repeatedly. Then you came here and faked your concern about his well being. Despite your claims to the contrary, you're fooling no one.

Long was being given a 2nd chance - by Kevin Jackson & ISU. Long was suspended for multiple team violations and was in the process of working his way back on the team 2nd semester. Cael blew that up. He took Long out of rehab and had him transfer in Dec. He did that because he wanted more points at nationals and it worked, Long finished 3rd. There was no altruistic motive by Cael.

You say Sandusky is serving his time and ignore his enablers. And you say Long got his punishment, but ignore any role Cael may have played. It's no surprise you're a PSU fan.

I suggest some of y'all try to get to know AJ Ferrari off of social media before judging his character based on that. By every account, he's an excellent friend, teammate, and young man.

He made a stupid mistake. As somebody that has made several trips down that stretch of highway, and the stretch of highway between Perkins and Ada, I can say with confidence that there is a person making the same risky, dumb decision every single day. Does that make what he did right? Of course not. But to pretend that he's a criminal or even remotely close to somebody that is drinking and driving or even texting and driving, is ludicrous.

Every single time you get behind the wheel of a car, there is a risk that you lose your life or take another based on decisions that you or somebody else makes. It's part of life. Dragging the kid's character because of this... or because of the show he puts on on social media... is, frankly, abhorrent.

AJ is an entertainer on social media. Period. Off of the internet, he's easily one of the hardest working, most respectful people that you could know.

Trouble reading, comprehension or both? Show me where I defended Sandusky? Did say I'm glad he's in jail and have no problem seeing him die there.
Don’t really have a dog in this fight but I do have a problem with you going on a competitors website and basically trashing a 19 year old Oklahoma State student athlete. The Sandusky stuff is just dumb imo

Last edited:
Don’t really have a dog in this fight but I do have a problem with you going on a competitors website and basically trashing a 19 year old Oklahoma State student athlete. The Sandusky stuff is just dumb imo
No, it’s sickening!

It was allowed to happen and then covered up. If you’re mad at Epstein, be twice as mad at the players involved with the situation that went on at Penn State. If the same scenario happened at my alma mater, I would sever any and all association.

On the flip side of this, Wrestling at the university had nothing to do with it and I feel sorry that they have to field the burden! But, they could cut ties and not deal with it at all, so those that make attempts at defending it deserve the burden.

Those that don’t defend it, have my sympathy...as much as I can muster anyway.

Reactions: driad
I say enough of this trash talk and lets get back to talking wrestling. I do not blame present Penn State students or administrators for past actions. I believe no one on this board would be prolonging this except for the fact we are trailing Penn State, Iowa, Michigan etc. in the polls and in action. We would be ignoring actions of their wrestlers and coaches and praising our team. The important thing now is to support AJ and wish him well in a speedy recovery and be thankful he was not injured more severely.

I say enough of this trash talk and lets get back to talking wrestling. I do not blame present Penn State students or administrators for past actions. I believe no one on this board would be prolonging this except for the fact we are trailing Penn State, Iowa, Michigan etc. in the polls and in action. We would be ignoring actions of their wrestlers and coaches and praising our team. The important thing now is to support AJ and wish him well in a speedy recovery and be thankful he was not injured more severely.
I second this motion.

I second this motion.
That 5 championships possibility for AJ was exciting. Poof it's gone. We still could win the Big 12 but it is not certain especially considering how we are currently wrestling. Nationals performance I believe is important for next year. We need a bunch of All Americans coming back next year. Hopefully this year doesn't continue to be a disaster. Flo is talking about Iowa stalling on top focusing on Murin against G. All Murin did was hang on, push G out of bounds and mat return him at the edge. Askren did not like our lack of technique when we stand up and don't break away ( we have seen this all year). All of them except Sparks thought Murin was stalling and should have been called and called etc. Our coaches yell and yell hopefully they were yelling about this stall. I know I was upset because not once did he( Murin) try to work a turn ( stallling). Right now we have 1 sure All American Fix. Possibles are Mastro, G, Wittlake, Plott, and Geer. Currently according to Flo Mastro is rated 12, Daton is 2, Young is 19, G is 18, Sheets is 14, Wittlake is 7, Geer is 8, and Plott is 9, Stitka is unranked and Surber is honorable mention. We better get a lot better or we could have a horrible Nationals.

Last edited:
While that may be true, she might want to be careful about sharing personal medical information like that...even if hearsay...
I didn’t know it was a secret he was having surgery. Considering it a rumor

I didn’t know it was a secret he was having surgery. Considering it a rumor
More of just an cya type of comment. Medical info and leaking it can get people in deep shit. Didn't mean anything negative with the comment.

According to the OSCN AJ’s only charge from this was passing in a no passing zone for which he has already paid the fine. But his Instagram has been featuring former Ohio State wrestler JDJ, maybe not the best influence.

According to the OSCN AJ’s only charge from this was passing in a no passing zone for which he has already paid the fine. But his Instagram has been featuring former Ohio State wrestler JDJ, maybe not the best influence.

At this point AJ is what he is, you have to take the good with the bad with him. We want our wrestling program to get back to the top so you tolerate him while he is here and ask him to just be a little smarter.

He did what most of us all have done which is drive to fast and pass in a no pass zone. It was a stupid mistake and luckily no one was killed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT