ADVERTISEMENT

A Plausible Theory

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
For why most people are not concerned about the supposed threat of global warming: the heat does not affect their lives. In the morning they leave their air conditioned houses to get in their air conditioned cars to drive to their air conditioned work places, go eat lunch in an air conditioned restaurant, after work drive their air conditioned cars back to their air conditioned homes, gather up their families to go to an air conditioned movie. Everywhere they go the air is cool and comfortable. Heat waves are of very little concern. People are abandoning cold northern states and relocating in steamy hot southern states. They’re not worried about the heat, it doesn’t affect their lives. It’s an air conditioned world we live in. Global warming advocates will never succeed unless they can somehow ban air conditioning.

For why most people are not concerned about the supposed threat of global warming: the heat does not affect their lives. In the morning they leave their air conditioned houses to get in their air conditioned cars to drive to their air conditioned work places, go eat lunch in an air conditioned restaurant, after work drive their air conditioned cars back to their air conditioned homes, gather up their families to go to an air conditioned movie. Everywhere they go the air is cool and comfortable. Heat waves are of very little concern. People are abandoning cold northern states and relocating in steamy hot southern states. They’re not worried about the heat, it doesn’t affect their lives. It’s an air conditioned world we live in. Global warming advocates will never succeed unless they can somehow ban air conditioning.
Northeastern folks die from heatstroke when temps reach 80 degrees. They need more buses.

• Love
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
They aren't banning ACs. They are simply making energy so expensive that commoners can't afford to run it.

Damn it. Why'd you have to mention Whataburger. Now I want one. And they ain't in Tampa.
They just put one here in West LR, if not for that I wouldn't either. The better half brought me one home, just finished mowing so I have to heat mine up but thats fine with me! Haven't had one in 2 yrs last time I was in OKC, stopped in Shawnee and got one on way home. It wasn't so good, first time I have ever been able to say that.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
One thing I've noticed now though is all the bobble headed news losers keep straying into the territory of "179 million Americans are under some some sort of warning/watch. I personally couldn't care less if someone in NY, CT, NJ or anywhere else in yankee land are under a warning or watch. Just more scaremongering to emphasize that we all experience weather.

Its hot, its summer.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Dan
People in the third world are very concerned who don't have the same facilities. Air-conditioning is one of the factor for global warming.
Look at the world as a whole not just from American perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Dan
People in the third world are very concerned who don't have the same facilities. Air-conditioning is one of the factor for global warming.
I bow to your greater knowledge of what people in third world countries are concerned about. I would have thought most residents in third world countries who do not have the luxury of living with air conditioning would smirk at the thought of global warming if they were told air conditioning would be made available to them. I readily admit my original post was made from an American perspective.

Whataburger's been a staple here in south Texas for many years. Imo, they suck ass now. They lost their way. I'll never frequent them again.

What’s burger used to be a great hamburger but now it’s as average as the rest of them.
Hell-of-a-burger sold out. That out of this world burger is no more. They used to be to kill for. I just learned Burger King now even has a better sausage, egg and cheese biscuit.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Dan
In other words, my standard of living needs to be worse so yours can be better.

Thank you for the invitation to join your shitty collective. With all due respect (none), I must decline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT