ADVERTISEMENT

Apartheid state

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
Question for the liberals? How come no one called Ukraine an "Apartheid" state while they spent 6 years (from 2014 to 2020) bombing the shit out of their own people in the Donbas, just because they spoke the wrong language? I'll hang up and take my answer off the air.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
That’s an excellent question, for which I have no answer. Certainly following the 2014 coup the ethnic Russian speaking population was treated in a very apartheid-like manner by the Kiev government.

That’s an excellent question, for which I have no answer. Certainly following the 2014 coup the ethnic Russian speaking population was treated in a very apartheid-like manner by the Kiev government.
ChatGPT says, it's worth noting that the situation following the 2014 events in Ukraine was indeed complex. There were concerns about the treatment of Russian-speaking populations, and it's important to approach this issue with nuance and consider various viewpoints in order to gain a well-rounded understanding.

Lol

Question for the liberals? How come no one called Ukraine an "Apartheid" state while they spent 6 years (from 2014 to 2020) bombing the shit out of their own people in the Donbas, just because they spoke the wrong language? I'll hang up and take my answer off the air.
I would be really interested to learn about this. Wikipedia only mentions a civil war between separatists and Ukraine, and no apartheid. Can you point me to some sources that are more sympathetic to your point of view?

I would be really interested to learn about this. Wikipedia only mentions a civil war between separatists and Ukraine, and no apartheid. Can you point me to some sources that are more sympathetic to your point of view?
I'd be happy to provide some additional resources. To gain a more nuanced understanding, you might want to explore academic articles, independent analyses, and books on the topic. Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Books**:
- "Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin" by Timothy Snyder.
- "Ukraine and Russia: A History of the Economic Relations Between Ukraine and Russia, 1654-1917" by Michael Hickey.
- "Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine" by Anne Applebaum.

2. **Academic Journals**:
- Journal of Contemporary History.
- East European Politics and Societies.
- Slavic Review.

3. **Independent Analysis**:
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- Chatham House (The Royal Institute of International Affairs).

4. **Documentary Films**:
- "Winter on Fire" (2015).
- "The Russian Woodpecker" (2015).

Remember to approach various sources with a critical mindset and cross-reference information. This should provide you with a more comprehensive perspective on the topic.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I'd be happy to provide some additional resources. To gain a more nuanced understanding, you might want to explore academic articles, independent analyses, and books on the topic. Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Books**:
- "Ukraine and Russia: A History of the Economic Relations Between Ukraine and Russia, 1654-1917" by Michael Hickey.

- Slavic Review.

Remember to approach various sources with a critical mindset and cross-reference information. This should provide you with a more comprehensive perspective on the topic.

tenor.gif

1. **Books**:

- Slavic Review.

I look forward to his three letter response.

Sorry, the first book you list was written before the time period referenced by OP. Do you have anything relevant to the discussion of Apartheid in the Donbas?
You will have to look at reporting in Ukraine as there have been reports of human rights abuse, but no investigations that are publicized. It is difficult to answer any question where it has not been fully investigated during a war or a conflict. I'm sure Amnesty International has their opinion, or the UN.

Nice Dodge btw

You will have to look at reporting in Ukraine as there have been reports of human rights abuse, but no investigations that are publicized. It is difficult to answer any question where it has not been fully investigated during a war or a conflict. I'm sure Amnesty International has their opinion, or the UN.

Nice Dodge btw
Yes very nice dodge

No, just that the left wing sites, like your beloved Wikipedia only use that term when it suits them.
I am genuinely curious. Does anyone that has a clue about Donbas call it apartheid? And where can I go to hear their evidence and argument? Or is this just a hamfisted what about from you?

Also, yes dude the encyclopedia is a left wing site now.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
I am genuinely curious. Does anyone that has a clue about Donbas call it apartheid? And where can I go to hear their evidence and argument? Or is this just a hamfisted what about from you?

Also, yes dude the encyclopedia is a left wing site now.
Are you arguing that Wikipedia isn't left wing? Really? Lol you really are sheltered and uninformed.

Are you arguing that Wikipedia isn't left wing? Really? Lol you really are sheltered and uninformed.

Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has warned that the website can no longer be trusted — insisting it is now just “propaganda” for the left-leaning “establishment.”

Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has warned that the website can no longer be trusted — insisting it is now just “propaganda” for the left-leaning “establishment.”
Wow!
As a left wing propaganda site, I bet you could never find criticisms like Sanger's on Wikipedia.

You'll never guess what wikipedia's other co-founder's position on this is.

Just punting on the apartheid in Donbas claim?
You mean like having elections that control those regions while restricting residents of those regions from voting? That smells like apartheid to me. Then bombing the shit out out of those regions for rejecting the results of those elections? I get why you don't want to call it apartheid. That label screws with your party's whole anti-Israel narrative.

Reactions: iasooner2000
You mean like having elections that control those regions while restricting residents of those regions from voting? That smells like apartheid to me. Then bombing the shit out out of those regions for rejecting the results of those elections? I get why you don't want to call it apartheid. That label screws with your party's whole anti-Israel narrative.
He just wants to win arguments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT