ADVERTISEMENT

A new liberal mosque in Germany allows gays

Medic007

MegaPoke is insane
Sep 25, 2006
Death threats for the woman who opened a new mosque in Berlin that challenges the tenets of fundamentalist Islam. She welcomes all sects of Islam and welcomes gays as well. The poor woman spent the majority of her young life being abused by the men of her family. She's an amazingly courageous woman and hats off to Germany for protecting her. This is exactly what Islam needs.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...lin-keeps-fighting-for-religious-freedom.html

Kudos to her. Unfortunately the historical precedent is that a "moderate Muslim" will slash her throat. I like Muslims like her, but they will never prevail. Islam is not "reformable."
True. Unfortunately she probably won't live long enough to make an impact since plenty of her fellow Muslims want her dead.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
True. Unfortunately she probably won't live long enough to make an impact since plenty of her fellow Muslims want her dead.

Just look at what happened in Denmark to artists who were critical of Islam. There's a reason why Geert Wilders and Hirsa Ali have 24/7 armed security in Denmark. Criticism of Islam = being murdered by a Muslim.

She's an amazingly courageous woman and hats off to Germany for protecting her. Thia is exactly what Islam needs.

Yes, moderate forces within Islamic communities need to be supported and encouraged instead of attacking and grouping together all Muslims. And such moderate forces do exist!

Glad to see you finally agree with what I was posting about just a couple of months ago!:D

I like Muslims like her, but they will never prevail. Islam is not "reformable."

There are actually many Muslims just like her. And with our support, they can prevail.

However, if we feed into the messaging of radical Islamists . . . we will only hinder the cause of moderate Muslims.

Yes, moderate forces within Islamic communities need to be supported and encouraged instead of attacking and grouping together all Muslims. And such moderate forces do exist!

Glad to see you finally agree with what I was posting about just a couple of months ago!:D
Wouldn't it be cool if other Muslims supported her instead of the death threats?

Looks like it isn't non-Muslims that are the problem in this case, as per usual. But nice attempt to deflect why she has to have ample state supplied security to keep her from being murdered for simply doing her own thing.

Wouldn't it be cool if other Muslims supported her instead of the death threats?

There are Muslims that support her. Are there not Muslims attending the Mosque? Who do you think is lobbying/pressuring the German government to provide her security? . . . moderate Islamic groups, among others.

But nice attempt to deflect why she has to have ample state supplied security to keep her from being murdered for simply doing her own thing.

No deflection needed . . . she needs security due to radical Islamists who want to kill her because they believe she is corrupting the faith. You know, kinda like the Catholics and Protestants killing each other back in the day because each thought the other was corrupting Christianity.

Again though, thanks for the article and your original post!

I'm pretty sure muslims could care less what non-muslims think of her GL97. In fact our (west) support of her probably debases her message more than if more moderate mulsims (whatever that is) came out of their spider holes and openly supported her.

You know, kinda like the Catholics and Protestants killing each other back in the day because each thought the other was corrupting Christianity.
Aaaaaannnnnnnd welcome to 2017. We even have cars and these crazy computer phones and this mysterious interwebs and shit now.

There are Muslims that support her. Are there not Muslims attending the Mosque? Who do you think is lobbying/pressuring the German government to provide her security?
Yep, there are a few supporting her. But by her described number of daily threats, it's a tiny number. And nobody is pressuring Berlin to provide security. They have to do it because there are other Muslims who want her dead.

I know you're desperate to deploy your usual talking points, but this is purely Muslims wanting to kill another Muslim for deviating from the concrete path. It's what they do and it's the reason the Islamic faith hasn't gone through any reformation since it began.

Reactions: TPOKE
There are many Muslims who would support her worldwide.

In fact, only approximately 25% of Muslims in the world would be considered radical. The problem is there are so many Muslims that this 25% represents millions upon millions in all corners of the globe. That is a serious problem.

I agree. However, we must continue to encourage the moderate forces within in Islam while resisting the radicals. And in doing so, what we say and what we do matters. We can't play into the messaging of the radical element.

Yep, there are a few supporting her. But by her described number of daily threats, it's a tiny number.

Just because she is receiving daily threats doesn't mean only a tiny number are supporting her. The pictures show a full Mosque.

I know you're desperate to deploy your usual talking points, but this is purely Muslims wanting to kill another Muslim for deviating from the concrete path. It's what they do and it's the reason the Islamic faith hasn't gone through any reformation since it began.

I am not doing anything. You are the one that posted the article. You are the one who posted "She's an amazingly courageous woman and hats off to Germany for protecting her. This is exactly what Islam needs."

You did a great job highlighting moderate forces within Islam and proving that not all Muslims are radicals and desire to kill others. You also are right in that western nations should encourage these moderate forces. I completely agree with you.

Again, thanks.

I agree. However, we must continue to encourage the moderate forces within in Islam while resisting the radicals. And in doing so, what we say and what we do matters. We can't play into the messaging of the radical element.

I'm not sure many in Islam care if they have our endorsement one way or the other.

That being said, there are a number of Muslims in America that just want to live their lives and take care of their families, including a number of people in American public life like Dave Chappelle, Ice Cube, Shaquille Oneal, Ahmad Rashad, among many others.

I don't agree with their choice of faith, but that's their decision.

(And obviously, some have bad intentions.)

I'm not sure many in Islam care if they have our endorsement one way or the other.

It isn't so much about our endorsement but instead about what we are encouraging with our words and action.

That being said, there are a number of Muslims in America that just want to live their lives and take care of their families, including a number of people in American public life like Dave Chappelle, Ice Cube, Shaquille Oneal, Ahmad Rashad, among many others.

I agree. The overwhelming majority of Muslims in the United States are like this (famous or not famous). Islam and Muslims are not the problem.

The problem is the radical strain within Islam.

Just because she is receiving daily threats doesn't mean only a tiny number are supporting her. The pictures show a full Mosque.
If you look a little further into the story, she's not the only one being threatened with death. Attendees have been as well. As she said, she has a small group of timid attendees. The disgusting part are the fatwas issued against her and her mosque by religious leaders and that nobody from the Muslim community is defending her.

Of course most Muslims aren't violent or jihadists, but there is very little tolerance in the mainstream for those who venture out of bounds.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
If you look a little further into the story, she's not the only one being threatened with death. Attendees have been as well.

And? No one is claiming there aren't radical Islamists who oppose moderate Muslims. It isn't surprising at all that she and those who attend her Mosque receive death threats.

Of course most Muslims aren't violent or jihadists

Again, I completely agree.

And? No one is claiming there aren't radical Islamists who oppose moderate Muslims. It isn't surprising at all that she and those who attend her Mosque receive death threats.

Again, I completely agree.
What do define as a moderate Muslim? Just curious.

There are actually many Muslims just like her. And with our support, they can prevail.

However, if we feed into the messaging of radical Islamists . . . we will only hinder the cause of moderate Muslims.
I think your post was meant to be in blue..

Reactions: Medic007
So we are counting on the LGBT community to become Muslims and infiltrate mosques in order to save mankind from the Islamic Extremists who desire to kill all of us. Sounds like a helluva plan.
They'll suck those extremist views out of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007
What do define as a moderate Muslim? Just curious.

Sorry Meds, I missed this question you asked me.

A moderate Muslim is a Muslim who rejects terrorism in the name of their faith. A radical Islamist is one who embraces terrorism in the name of their faith.

A moderate Muslim is a Muslim who rejects terrorism in the name of their faith. A radical Islamist is one who embraces terrorism in the name of their faith.

Identity politics, I was hoping a regular Muslim would reject terrorism as a human being. Had no idea you had identify yourself in this manner as a Muslim. So, someone who considers themselves a Muslim, do they fall in the middle? Believes in sharia law but is not radicalized? How complicated do we have to make this?

We have bad hombres and good hombres, real simple.

How complicated do we have to make this?

I don't know, you are the one apparently trying to make it complicated.

We encourage moderate Islamic forces, we resist radical Islamists who want to kill people. We don't discriminate against people simply because they are Muslim.

Thanks for the response.

The difficulty of Islam in the western world is the lack of basic human rights that is synonymous with the legal code of Islam. I would think a moderate Muslim is one who rejects the legal parts of Islam. Sharia law is brutal. It's medieval. And outside of the western world, it's what Muslims live by.

I'm not talking of the required head coverings, no drinking, etc. I'm talking about how women are treated with less dignity and respect than livestock is. That is the underlying problem for the woman who is just trying to have an approachable and open mosque. The fact that she is a woman that leads a mosque is viewed as a disrespect and blasphemy of the faith punishable by death. Literally everything she's trying to do to have a liberal mosque is against the tenets of the faith.

And that is the problem of Islam in the western world. There is no provision for women to be free to do as they wish. Those that try may be killed as punishment. The majority of Muslims aren't terrorists as we all agree. But the majority of Muslims do live by the legal code of Islam which is what makes modernizing and liberalizing it a fantasy of the west.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT