ADVERTISEMENT

$80 Oil

Way to go Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up man.

Back in the 80's, we had 5 rigs drilling offshore the Ivory Coast after a large discovery that did not end up being the next North Sea as originally thought. Phillips was the operator and their revenue projects had oil eventually getting to$90/barrel and we were going to be "censored" rich forever. Interesting to see that almost 40 years later such a price is not out of realm of possibility.

It was circa 1995 when I was in Lake Charles to watch the joint Pennzoil Conoco venture into refining Group II base stock. Pure water clear crank case oil. Pennzoil patented Purebase and Conoco Hydroclear. It was amazing to watch nasty crude turn into what looked like a glass of ice water at Denny's.

An additive package gave the oil color. Pennzoil was darker with it's exclusive package with Z-7.

When Shell bought Pennz in 2002, the first thing Shell did was throw away the package with Z-7. Essentially, Pennz bottles became filled with Shell.

My company exported tons of motor oil in package form. I hung around lots of refineries. What an education!

It was around 1995 when Mobil was first with 1 Liter bottles. The bottles held 946 mL (quart) for U. S. consumption. Conoco was last with the liter bottle in 2003.

Wow! You not only have no empathy for children raped by transgenders you are an economic idiot that doesn't know a tariff from inflation.
Let me refresh you...

There is a rape allegation now? Wow, hadn't seen that. Deets please.

Uhhhhh, dave, what would you call penetration of someone's vagina with your fingers without their consent?

Dude, not my place to question your definition of rape. I am not quite sure that is the legal meaning, but I am no expert.

It was circa 1995 when I was in Lake Charles to watch the joint Pennzoil Conoco venture into refining Group II base stock. Pure water clear crank case oil. Pennzoil patented Purebase and Conoco Hydroclear. It was amazing to watch nasty crude turn into what looked like a glass of ice water at Denny's.

An additive package gave the oil color. Pennzoil was darker with it's exclusive package with Z-7.

When Shell bought Pennz in 2002, the first thing Shell did was throw away the package with Z-7. Essentially, Pennz bottles became filled with Shell.

My company exported tons of motor oil in package form. I hung around lots of refineries. What an education!

It was around 1995 when Mobil was first with 1 Liter bottles. The bottles held 946 mL (quart) for U. S. consumption. Conoco was last with the liter bottle in 2003.
I'll add. Bottles for export gets a liter of oil. I figure in another 25 years, bottles for U. S. consumption will get a liter.

It's pretty simple for anyone other than the Dems. Selling oil at $90 is good. Buying oil at $90 is not good. Exporting is good and importing is not good. Biden and this administration are economic illiterates. Increasing revenues and lowering prices at the pump is not rocket science. Let the hammer fall hard on this ignorant old bastard in the WH.

Up over $82!!

BidenToiletPaper.gif

I can assure you that the high prices at the pump have very little to do with whoever is in the White House.

The immediate causes are far more complex, driven by geopolitics, seasonal issues, the general supply chain constraints, some supply still constrained after hurricane season, a huge temporary natural gas issue in Europe, geopolitics, and other factors.

What’s more, in the long term, chronic underspending in global exploration, driven by short term investor syndrome, as well as a turn away from traditional exploration by some of the majors, means that the supply pressures will continue to be significant. Renewable energy is great, but we can’t get to 100% (or even 20%) renewables for quite some time, no matter how much we spend on it.

$80-$90 crude is probably a good range, IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
I can assure you that the high prices at the pump have very little to do with whoever is in the White House.

The immediate causes are far more complex, driven by geopolitics, seasonal issues, the general supply chain constraints, some supply still constrained after hurricane season, a huge temporary natural gas issue in Europe, geopolitics, and other factors.

What’s more, in the long term, chronic underspending in global exploration, driven by short term investor syndrome, as well as a turn away from traditional exploration by some of the majors, means that the supply pressures will continue to be significant. Renewable energy is great, but we can’t get to 100% (or even 20%) renewables for quite some time, no matter how much we spend on it.

I doubt you’ll read this link, and certainly not all the way to the end, but you should, it might help you to better understand the convoluted logic of your argument. With your comment you sound incredibly like our own Baghdad Barbie.

What? The causes you listed are a direct result of who is in the White House? The old bastard in the WH shuts down domestic production and transportation and starts buying foreign imports at $85 rather than domestic at $70. This leads to higher prices at the pump. Where does our crude come from and how much does it cost? Try again Einstein.

Last edited:
What? The causes you listed are a direct result of who is in the White House? The old bastard in the WH shuts down domestic production and transportation and starts buying foreign imports at $85 rather than domestic at $70. This leads to higher prices at the pump. Where does our crude come from and how much does it cost? Try again Einstein.

i was wrong

scottsdale decided to body slam
the mental midget

Who is in the White House can definitely influence prices, but high prices cure high prices and low prices cure low prices.

With the Biden administration, there will be fewer federal leases and more regulation. That increases prices. There is also tremendous pressure on ESG, which also increases prices. These factors, coupled with drilling reductions of the past couple years and mergers and acquisitions, will force prices much higher, especially when people actually start traveling at pre-covid levels. Further, with more finance guys leading and influencing these companies, it won’t be drill baby drill. It will be disciplined.

Jeesh….I guess Scottsdale is still sore over what I said about his Thai hooker spouse.
You are way off the mark on this one, titty kinder. My Thai hooker was not my spouse. She was my housemaid in my bachelor days in Sattahip, Thaliand. I cannot get sore at you in your diminished capacity. The laws of humanity are on your side. No beating the invalids. Try again.

Who is in the White House can definitely influence prices, but high prices cure high prices and low prices cure low prices.

With the Biden administration, there will be fewer federal leases and more regulation. That increases prices. There is also tremendous pressure on ESG, which also increases prices. These factors, coupled with drilling reductions of the past couple years and mergers and acquisitions, will force prices much higher, especially when people actually start traveling at pre-covid levels. Further, with more finance guys leading and influencing these companies, it won’t be drill baby drill. It will be disciplined.
WH can @squeak but do not think so much so today but did in the past
For example Carter got gas deregulated.
When Penn Square Bank failed our OK company had 188 wells on the morning report...25 operated -- drilling + completing.
Agree with the rest of your post except banning new leases affecting today's prices. There are plenty of federal leases left to drill on.
Supply and Demand. Funny thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT