ADVERTISEMENT

42%

No, he is a demagogue. Always has been.
And this is our difference in political discussions. It seems you are in the "Never Ever Trump" portion of the country and I'm in the "Sometimes I like Trump, sometimes I don't" camp.

If the economy continues to grow and prosper like it undoubtedly is then it's going to be a challenge no matter who gets the Dem nomination.

And this is our difference in political discussions. It seems you are in the "Never Ever Trump" portion of the country and I'm in the "Sometimes I like Trump, sometimes I don't" camp.

If the economy continues to grow and prosper like it undoubtedly is then it's going to be a challenge no matter who gets the Dem nomination.

Orlando....who is the sig pic of? Yes I live under a rock most of the time and can not figure out who that is.

Trump is at 42% approval rating with a strong economy. He is trailing most of the top Democratic nominees (some have big margins over him) with a strong economy. Clearly, there is something else at work and also, Trump isn't getting all the credit for the economy.

Let's hope the economy does continue to remain strong. But so far, it really isn't helping Trump's standing with Americans.

Most individuals won't look at the Sampling information but for those interested here it is:

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us06112019_demos_urox72.pdf/

Curious based on their sampling data and how much they "weighted" responses by those who identified as Independent.

What they don't ask when identifying individuals in these polls is ideology and instead of party affiliation. The poll doesn't provide any baseline questions to set the stage for the responses that dig into opinions on current events and go straight into 1 vs 1 choices in a Presidential Election. Or...it looks like they have left out information or a question that was asked to only Democrat or Democrat Leaning samples because it goes into detail if they would consider themselves as Very Liberal, Somewhat Liberal, Moderate. What's the deal with that?

Another very odd number that calls into question the overall candidate pool of the Democrat side - In about a month of time, the number of people interested in the Presidential Campaign dropped 7% in the "A Lot" category of are you paying attention. Are the candidates lacking pizzaz?

Based on the sampling data used alone, and making assumptions that each "voter" polled voted down party lines the percentages that each Dem candidate would need to secure from the "Independent" and NA sections to meet the percentage the overall poll came up would be close to 50%... that's pretty insane with the stances that some have taken on the campaign trail.

Was this ever addressed?

Trump is at 42% approval rating with a strong economy. He is trailing most of the top Democratic nominees (some have big margins over him) with a strong economy. Clearly, there is something else at work and also, Trump isn't getting all the credit for the economy.

Let's hope the economy does continue to remain strong. But so far, it really isn't helping Trump's standing with Americans.
President Obama's approval rating in the same time period was right around what President Trump is receiving with major question on how polls are conducted (over sampling, bias, or simply giving pollsters deceiving information). Trump at 42% should approval with all of his flaws should scare the crap out of Democrats

Reactions: CBradSmith
Didn't really see the point in addressing it. No offense to OSU_Orlando, but it was a rather rambling post with number of assumptions on his part that just wasn't worth addressing at this time IMO.

OSU_Orlando, do you live in Orlando, FL?
I've lived all over the country, don't live in Orlando currently but could be back in Florida here shortly with changing companies.

Didn't really see the point in addressing it. No offense to OSU_Orlando, but it was a rather rambling post with number of assumptions on his part that just wasn't worth addressing at this time IMO.

OSU_Orlando, do you live in Orlando, FL?

Nothing rambling about it.

It pointed out statistically valid things that undermine the 42%....by a amount.

You can't out-talk math.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT