ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Presidential Election

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I don’t know who the Republicans will run, I assume either Trump or DeSantis.

But the Democrat nominee is more perplexing. I doubt anyone thinks Biden will run for re-election. And Harris is unelectable, she can’t even get Democrats to vote for her.

The bench is shockingly shallow and weak. I keep seeing headlines like “Why Not Hillary?” Is Hillary viable anymore? She’ll be 76 years old. Hasn’t America had its fill with old people? About half of my generation (she and I share the same generation) are repulsed by the mere mention of her name, and would never vote for her under any circumstance. The next generation is probably chomping at the bit to have their turn. And the generation after that likely feels the same way. Hillary will have been out of the glaring spotlight for 8+ years, the youngsters may barely know who she is.

Michelle Obama looks like a real possibility, but politically speaking her only experience will be she slept next to a former president. Should a complete amateur be ceded the job?

I’m sure between now and then the clique that runs the party will find someone to replace Old Joe. I just don’t know who it would be.

Anybody got any ideas?

Joe Biden was unelectable. Swamp rat, racist, molests kids on camera, crackhead son dealing with sanctioned international companies, refused to campaign or answer any questions from opposition media for months. And he SHATTERED the record for votes. Once the Dems get through their voting rights scam they can get anyone they want over the top. Toontown is going to be eating out of your fridge and wearing your robe while you are at work. Wake up Dan!

Joe Biden was unelectable. Swamp rat, racist, molests kids on camera, crackhead son dealing with sanctioned international companies, refused to campaign or answer any questions from opposition media for months. And he SHATTERED the record for votes. Once the Dems get through their voting rights scam they can get anyone they want over the top. Toontown is going to be eating out of your fridge and wearing your robe while you are at work. Wake up Dan!
This is an irrefutable point.

Thats funny.

One of those rare posts where people from the left and from the right will be in agreement and hit the 'like' button.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I doubt anyone thinks Biden will run for re-election. And Harris is unelectable, she can’t even get Democrats to vote for her.
Lol these takes, Dan. Where have I heard this before? Is learning from experience a concept that just arouses contempt in your mind, or what? You just can. not. bear. that a decent, nice guy won. He doesn't hate or swindle or surround himself with convicts or get us ass deep in a recession, so he's not valid in libertarian circles, I guess.

Lol these takes, Dan. Where have I heard this before? Is learning from experience a concept that just arouses contempt in your mind, or what? You just can. not. bear. that a decent, nice guy won. He doesn't hate or swindle or surround himself with convicts or get us ass deep in a recession, so he's not valid in libertarian circles, I guess.
Huh? Are you referring to Biden? I made no comment about the man beyond saying it’s unlikely he’ll seek reelection. But now that you mention it I disagree with your characterization of the man. I do not think he is decent or nice. And I think he hates, swindles and surrounds himself with people like himself. I won’t speculate about how soon a recession will come around. But surely even you recognize his handling of the economy is leading us in that direction. It will be the Republicans’ luck that it will hit right after they take over and you can satisfy your dream that the trend will continue.

But putting that aside, the question being asked is who will the Democrats offer up in 2024. As one of the few die-hard Democrats on this board, who you got?

Huh? Are you referring to Biden? I made no comment about the man beyond saying it’s unlikely he’ll seek reelection. But now that you mention it I disagree with your characterization of the man. I do not think he is decent or nice. And I think he hates, swindles and surrounds himself with people like himself. I won’t speculate about how soon a recession will come around. But surely even you recognize his handling of the economy is leading us in that direction. It will be the Republicans’ luck that it will hit right after they take over and you can satisfy your dream that the trend will continue.

But putting that aside, the question being asked is who will the Democrats offer up in 2024. As one of the few die-hard Democrats on this board, who you got?
Dan, you dismissed his candidacy early on, and kept it up. I was surprised at your dislike for the guy, same generation, he's pretty stable and doesn't surround himself with criminals, etc.

I think the economy is doing a hella lot better than it was under Trump. Or bush. Or Bush I.

I have no idea re: the dems. I never get who I want. I'm displeased with the dems right now, particularly the AG. I really wanted something done with health care and it's just not gonna happen any time soon.

Dan, you dismissed his candidacy early on, and kept it up. I was surprised at your dislike for the guy, same generation, he's pretty stable and doesn't surround himself with criminals, etc.

I think the economy is doing a hella lot better than it was under Trump. Or bush. Or Bush I.

I have no idea re: the dems. I never get who I want. I'm displeased with the dems right now, particularly the AG. I really wanted something done with health care and it's just not gonna happen any time soon.
I dismissed his candidacy from the beginning all the way through the election. You are right that he and I are of the same generation, and as such I’ve been following him for several decades. And because of that I have known he is a corrupt empty suit for a long time. His reputation as the dumbest of all in the Senate has been around since the 70’s. It has been widely understood that he would vote the way he was told to vote, say the things he was told to say and the Democrats would see to it that his seat would be safe. He continues that pattern as President. It is surprising for me to hear you say he is not corrupt, especially in light of the current news about his family.

The economy does not appear to be doing better than under Trump pre-pandemic. Inflation and supply-chain issues are worse.

So if you won’t get who you want at least tell us who you want and explain why you want him/her and why he/she won’t get the nod.

So if you won’t get who you want at least tell us who you want and explain why you want him/her and why he/she won’t get the nod.

Honestly, I'm not particularly enamored with anybody right now. I haven't followed dem leadership that closely since the election.

Honestly, I'm not particularly enamored with anybody right now. I haven't followed dem leadership that closely since the election.
It shouldn’t surprise you to know I feel your pain, I didn’t get the Democrat nominee I wanted (and would have voted for) either.

Reactions: Syskatine
If achieved, election integrity should be a killer for the Dimms. Anyone Ponca Dan mentioned should serve up just fine. I'm not so sure the Dimms will be brave enough to trot out their ballot harvesting scheme in 2024. Rasmussen tells me a majority of respondents are on to them.

Did Virginia Dimms shelve their ballot harvesting scheme in 2021?

HighStickHarry, I don't remember you from my classical mechanics course. There are not an all time record 81 million Americans stupid enough to vote for what we have before us, as you well know. You, 22LR and I didn't need to read Rigged by Mollie Hemingway, even though it was enjoyable reading.

December inflation at 7% after months of 5 and 6 percent is your idea of a good economy? Yea Ok there sparky.

If achieved, election integrity should be a killer for the Dimms. Anyone Ponca Dan mentioned should serve up just fine. I'm not so sure the Dimms will be brave enough to trot out their ballot harvesting scheme in 2024. Rasmussen tells me a majority of respondents are on to them.

Did Virginia Dimms shelve their ballot harvesting scheme in 2021?

HighStickHarry, I don't remember you from my classical mechanics course. There are not an all time record 81 million Americans stupid enough to vote for what we have before us, as you well know. You, 22LR and I didn't need to read Rigged by Mollie Hemingway, even though it was enjoyable reading.
I just love the glib auto-accusation of electoral fraud now from the right. OF course, what it really means is they're committing electoral fraud at every chance.

• Love
Reactions: Been Jammin
I just love the glib auto-accusation of electoral fraud now from the right. OF course, what it really means is they're committing electoral fraud at every chance.

If you think Republicans are committing electoral fraud, then why are you against all the laws that provide secure voting controls.

Only fraud actually proven in 2020 election was fraud perpetrated by GOP voters. All other voter fraud has been shown to be fictitious projection.
But fraud was committed. And thus controls should be defined and placed to prevent malfeasance. I don't care which party gets caught committing it. I want controls that prevent either party from being able to do so. I work in finance and if my controls were as lax as our election controls were, I'd have the SEC up my ass with a magnifying glass.

If you think Republicans are committing electoral fraud, then why are you against all the laws that provide secure voting controls.
Yeah, why would anyone be against electoral proposals from a party that transparently tries to throw elections and undermine democracy? I'm sure they're some great proposals to really expand access and simplify voting for everyone.

But fraud was committed. And thus controls should be defined and placed to prevent malfeasance. I don't care which party gets caught committing it. I want controls that prevent either party from being able to do so. I work in finance and if my controls were as lax as our election controls were, I'd have the SEC up my ass with a magnifying glass.

No you don't. You support Trump. He and his acolytes openly, obviously, and consistently tried to overturn a fair election and themselves attempted to commit fraud. It's a big ol' faux-crisis whipped up by Trump to try and overturn the election. You want to adopt recommendations of a guilty party and then act like you just want fairness. Bullshit. You saw in this very thread what they tried to do.

Ninja counters or whatever in Arizona.... look how shitty and corrupt and wrong they were. It's just rinse and repeat, you've bitten off the Trump talking points that this really needs fixed.

7% inflation, and this fool thinks the economy is good. There is no arguing economics with someone who has no understanding of its basic principles.
lol cherry pick much? Unemployment doesn't count any more now. For the first time in board history, now inflation is the metric by which we judge a president's economy. SMH.

How about not being in a recession like we were under your Dear Leader? Would that be a useful metric?

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
No you don't. You support Trump. He and his acolytes openly, obviously, and consistently tried to overturn a fair election and themselves attempted to commit fraud. It's a big ol' faux-crisis whipped up by Trump to try and overturn the election. You want to adopt recommendations of a guilty party and then act like you just want fairness. Bullshit. You saw in this very thread what they tried to do.

Ninja counters or whatever in Arizona.... look how shitty and corrupt and wrong they were. It's just rinse and repeat, you've bitten off the Trump talking points that this really needs fixed.
I was told personally by an Arizona legislator (GOP) re: his doubts in the recounts. He called them a bunch of hacks and amateurs.

It's been off my radar since then.

I don't mind efforts to make sure votes are legit, IDs etc in the future.

You are assigning a lot of the talking points to me incorrectly. I'm actually an in-the-middle guy here. I support vote-by-mail, given the ballots are requested in advance to a registered voter, and are returned by election day. I am for auditing mail ballots. It should be done in every district. We use machine counters. We should be validating the machine results (easy to do - hand count the first 500 or 1000 ballots submitted and confirm the machine tabulates them correctly). I am against ballot harvesting, as that can lead to voter intimidation. I am for requiring an ID to register and vote (as Ronald Reagon so eloquently put it: Trust but verify). I'm all for more drop boxes, but they shouldn't look like giant mailboxes with a large slit, but rather like a vending machine dollar slot, where you can insert 1 ballot (again to prevent harvesting) with video monitoring enabled.

If you want some of the far-left proposals, I could even support them if they have appropriate controls. For example, if you want ballots mailed to ALL registered voters prior to an election, I could support that. However, in that case, all ballots must be cross-referenced against your voter ID and trackable and we'd have to rescind the laws on secret ballots cast via mail. It doesn't have to be publicly available, but again, there has to be some level of control that the ballot cast was performed by the individual registered. But clearly since you are for the elimination of things like signature verification, double envelops, etc, you are open to modifying that law.

I am against same-day registration, as it eliminates the lead times necessary to validate the registered voter meets all the requirements to be eligible to vote in a specific election or district.

Finally, as for whether we need this today given the statistically insignificant amount of fraud being perpetrated? (This is a common talking point for the lefts). The answer is yes. A bank doesn't wait until after its been robbed once to decide to put in a vault, and you don't wait until your hacked to enact good cyber-security practices. So why should our election process wait until we do have a widespread fraud event to start looking at potential control mechanisms.

One last thing, while I supported Trump over either Hillary or Biden, I'm not really a Trump guy. I'm a Desantis guy. I've been very clear on that fact for a couple years now.

I am for requiring an ID to register and vote
How can you be in favor of mail in ballots and requiring an ID to vote? Why is it OK for grandma to mail in her ballot, but not OK for her to show up at the polls without her ID and vote?

Reactions: my_2cents
How can you be in favor of mail in ballots and requiring an ID to vote? Why is it OK for grandma to mail in her ballot, but not OK for her to show up at the polls without her ID and vote?
I’m curious, Been, who you think the Democrats will put up in 2024. Who do you want them to run? And why that person?

You have to register in the sane states to get an absentee ballot. California sends ballots to addresses that were once associated with a registered voter. “Vote by mail” is a phrase that has distinctions and different scenarios.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Anybody got any ideas?
Yeah, it is not hard at all.

50/50 right now that President Biden runs for re-election in my opinion. If he runs, he will be the nominee.

If not, the nominee will either be Vice President Harris or Secretary Buttigieg. The edge going to Harris (as polls of Democrats currently show). Potential Harris/Buttigieg ticket very possible.

The only other possible nominee I see at this point is Warren. But I would put her chances behind Harris and Buttigieg. Michelle Obama isn't going to run for President. Hillary won't run either but will endorse Harris.

As for the Republicans, if Trump runs (which there is no real reason to think at this point he won't), he will be the nominee.

General election . . . regardless who actually wins, Trump will claim once again that he won and refuse to concede if he loses.

Last edited:
Lol these takes, Dan. Where have I heard this before?
🤣🤣

@Ponca Dan is just completely clueless when it comes to politics. I will never forget him laying a bet down that Biden would be denied the nomination by the "powers that be" after Biden won the nomination.🤣🤣

The fact that he believed that nonsense tells one all one needs to know about his inability to separate his delusions from political reality.

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
🤣🤣

@Ponca Dan is just completely clueless when it comes to politics. I will never forget him laying a bet down that Biden would be denied the nomination by the "powers that be" after Biden won the nomination.🤣🤣

The fact that he believed that nonsense tells one all one needs to know about his inability to separate his delusions from political reality.
I forgot about ol' Nostradamus' political predictions. I wonder where he got that one?

Yeah, it is not hard at all.

50/50 right now that President Biden runs for re-election in my opinion. If he runs, he will be the nominee.

If not, the nominee will either be Vice President Harris or Secretary Buttigieg. The edge going to Harris (as polls of Democrats currently show). Potential Harris/Buttigieg ticket very possible.

The only other possible nominee I see at this point is Warren. But I would put her behind Harris and Buttigieg. Michelle Obama isn't going to run for President. Hillary won't run either but will endorse Harris.

As for the Republicans, if Trump runs (which there is no reason to think at this point he won't), he will be the nominee.

General election . . . regardless who actually wins, Trump will claim once again that he won and refuse to concede if he loses.
Personally I don’t see how any of those can win the election, with the exception of Michelle Obama. And what makes her winnable, IMO, is everybody would know her husband would be running the show.

Democrats have two potentially good scenarios for 2024. They need to hope there is a huge tsunami landslide by Republicans in 2022. If that happens one of two things could happen. First, and the one I would hope for, they will successfully block all future socialist objectives of the Biden administration, put the country back on the correct path and restore economic sanity and civil stability, upon which the Democrats can try to take credit and hope they can persuade enough voters they are responsible for the good times. Or second, and the one I think is most likely, the Republicans will prove to be just as brain dead as the Democrats, improve nothing, maybe even make things worse, and so infuriate the people that voted them in they will never want to vote for another Republican again.

lol cherry pick much? Unemployment doesn't count any more now. For the first time in board history, now inflation is the metric by which we judge a president's economy. SMH.

How about not being in a recession like we were under your Dear Leader? Would that be a useful metric?
You mean during a once in a 100-year pandemic that Democrats made worse purely for their own benefit? Hell your boy Fauci helped start the pandemic with his support and funding for gain of function research and you leftist still worship the little midget.

Personally I don’t see how any of those can win the election, with the exception of Michelle Obama.
The primary election or the general election?

I think Harris and Buttigieg could win both, especially if they are facing Trump again in the general. The general election outcome will also depend on where we are as a nation during the fall of '24.

I don't get your focus on Michelle Obama. I see no desire from her to run for President.

btw, as for what you "personally see," keep in mind you didn't see Biden doing what he did in 2020. You doubted him the whole way and had convinced yourself the man was going to be removed by a secret cabal! 🤣 I'd recommended for you when it comes to making political predictions . . . whatever you think, predict the opposite!

Democrats have two potentially good scenarios for 2024. They need to hope there is a huge tsunami landslide by Republicans in 2022. If that happens one of two things could happen. First, and the one I would hope for, they will successfully block all future socialist objectives of the Biden administration, put the country back on the correct path and restore economic sanity and civil stability, upon which the Democrats can try to take credit and hope they can persuade enough voters they are responsible for the good times. Or second, and the one I think is most likely, the Republicans will prove to be just as brain dead as the Democrats, improve nothing, maybe even make things worse, and so infuriate the people that voted them in they will never want to vote for another Republican again.

The country is currently on the correct path. Also, don't use big terms that you don't know the definition of, such as "socialist." Last time you used terms you didn't know the meaning to, you got embarrassed.

WIth that said, I fully expect if the historic norm holds, the Republicans should have a good midterm election. They will then proceed to overreach, which will benefit the Biden administration.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT