he better have the gas tank

shame he lost

Who do we have left?

Spratley
Fix
Plott
Olejnik
Doucet

Still have a solid chance for 5 AAs but def making it hard on ourselves dropping 2 straight.

Travis should not have lost that match. Lovett has won all his matches without scoring a TD in regulation. The second stall was ridiculous and I don't know how Smith didn't loss a Team pt because of his language. That doesn't really matter, even Stales called in Carver Hawkeye have a grain of truth. He should have been shooting.

Not a single TD attempt. He's falling for Konner's master plan regardless of that fake foot-sweep.

15 sec's and out; right on plan...

Should be a reverse, not an escape and takedown. Slav is tough. I'm surprised he's seeded behind Doucet TBH.

Oh, so not the ref they perceived was jobbing their wrestler with the early whistle?

The persecution complex around here is strong. Stalling, Fix-hating, you name it.

Fix has been booed in every match this tournament.

Especially the Bouzakis match. I can’t tell if it’s Iowa, Penn State or everyone.

It is very noticeable though.

Doucet gets taken down being lazy (figures)....Takes the L 6-1 after 2 back points as well.
We have too many good wrestlers and very few very good wrestlers. I get some hope for the future and then we follow up a good round with losing 3 out of 4. Our development of our wrestlers is still average and therefore poor placement at Nationals is the result. Zero takedowns for Williams, Travis and of course Doucette. What percentage of our losses were matches we got 0 take downs.

For me Travis and Doucet's losses were two of the most embarrassing from this year. At least they made it this far into the Cons.

So I agree with a lot of things said - disagree a bit with some things. It's no mystery that we have two elite level wrestlers on this team - Plott and Fix and that's why they made it to the semis and fingers crossed, they make the finals. The rest of our guys fall into the range of good solid wrestlers to very good wrestlers. The elite wrestlers are the ones that score all the big points at Nationals. To be an "elite" team you need maybe like 4 elite guys and some other very good ones. Izzak is a very good wrestler - he'll have a very tough opponent to beat to make AA tonight. Spratley has developed this season into a very good wrestler that has a very good chance to AA his freshman year. I think this team has overachieved a bit actually from the beginning of the year to now - it just doesn't have much elite talent on it. That's where recruiting comes in. Christian Carroll is elite, Merrill is elite, Sakamoto is elite, Lockett is elite - we need more of these "elite" recruits to be an elite team. I know Thompson was ranked very high, but personally I thought he was overrated winning way too many close matches with limited offence. BTW - Williams has the chance to become elite - if that is what he really wants for himself and can stay healthy. Overall I don't agree with the statement that this team has not developed well. For its youth and lack of elite level talent I think it has developed well actually. We just need to continue focusing on bringing in elite talent. I like the job Coleman Scott has done in his first year and look forward to him working with these young guys and some more elite guys in the future.

Izzak definitely got a terrible draw, would much rather have basically any other bloodround match at 165. To think that either Izzak or Hamiti won’t be an AA is wild.

So I agree with a lot of things said - disagree a bit with some things. It's no mystery that we have two elite level wrestlers on this team - Plott and Fix and that's why they made it to the semis and fingers crossed, they make the finals. The rest of our guys fall into the range of good solid wrestlers to very good wrestlers. The elite wrestlers are the ones that score all the big points at Nationals. To be an "elite" team you need maybe like 4 elite guys and some other very good ones. Izzak is a very good wrestler - he'll have a very tough opponent to beat to make AA tonight. Spratley has developed this season into a very good wrestler that has a very good chance to AA his freshman year. I think this team has overachieved a bit actually from the beginning of the year to now - it just doesn't have much elite talent on it. That's where recruiting comes in. Christian Carroll is elite, Merrill is elite, Sakamoto is elite, Lockett is elite - we need more of these "elite" recruits to be an elite team. I know Thompson was ranked very high, but personally I thought he was overrated winning way too many close matches with limited offence. BTW - Williams has the chance to become elite - if that is what he really wants for himself and can stay healthy. Overall I don't agree with the statement that this team has not developed well. For its youth and lack of elite level talent I think it has developed well actually. We just need to continue focusing on bringing in elite talent. I like the job Coleman Scott has done in his first year and look forward to him working with these young guys and some more elite guys in the future.
Here’s the problem we have brought in by our standards “elite” talent just most of them have materialized. And maybe our standards need to be a little higher. I don’t know what your definition of elite is but if we aren’t getting at least one top 5 recruit out of each class then we are falling short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT