ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

Keckeisen is one of the most dominant wrestlers I've seen in quite some time. I'm talking about the difference between him and the 2nd place guy in his class. Hope Plott can get one more shot at him.

Plott is onto the semi's, looked strong.

Solid morning session today.

Keckeisen is one of the most dominant wrestlers I've seen in quite some time. I'm talking about the difference between him and the 2nd place guy in his class. Hope Plott can get one more shot at him.

Plott is onto the semi's, looked strong.

Solid morning session today.

munoz bull strong
can’t wait to see him and keck go

way to go plott!!!!

Reactions: bwel9339 and OAMC99
I know it's probably just my orange glasses but damn they slap the mat fast for PSU and we can have someone on their back for a good 8 hours of sleep and just get a 4 count.
Because PSU wrestlers, fans, and refs are expecting the fall from them. Honestly probably something to that.

Reactions: bwel9339
Because PSU wrestlers, fans, and refs are expecting the fall from them. Honestly probably something to that.

There was a match where we had a cradle locked up for a good while and the period ended. PSU had same cradle and it was called a fall in about 3 seconds.

It’s annoying the difference.

Looking at the Consolation bracket, we've got a couple guys who have a good chance to climb up into the top 5 possibly....

Will be very interesting this evening.

Reactions: OAMC99
What's with the OSU fan obsession with stalling? Our TV guys obsess too, along with obsessing about cautions.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about wrestling technicalities, but when Frost holds center and pushes forward for 7 minutes, I'm having a hard time finding fault with that. Of course he didn't get in on legs like Fix but that's more due to Fix's defense imo.

Just seems like stalling is way too often a loser's limp for our fans when things don't go in our favor. Seems like iowa fan crap, we should be better than those apes.

What's with the OSU fan obsession with stalling? Our TV guys obsess too, along with obsessing about cautions.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about wrestling technicalities, but when Frost holds center and pushes forward for 7 minutes, I'm having a hard time finding fault with that. Of course he didn't get in on legs like Fix but that's more due to Fix's defense imo.

Just seems like stalling is way too often a loser's limp for our fans when things don't go in our favor. Seems like iowa fan crap, we should be better than those apes.
Because it seems like we get called when not creating action or holding center and others don’t. Perfect example are Fix match when he was in on the legs 5 times and frost didn’t attempt a shot until TB2 at which point they called a stalemate and other fans bitch. Also Olejink match when he was the aggressor the entire match and the other guy didn’t get a single warning. Those stall calls can be the difference between a major. So yeah it’s important that we get those calls and they are equally fair.

Because it seems like we get called when not creating action or holding center and others don’t. Perfect example are Fix match when he was in on the legs 5 times and frost didn’t attempt a shot until TB2 at which point they called a stalemate and other fans bitch. Also Olejink match when he was the aggressor the entire match and the other guy didn’t get a single warning. Those stall calls can be the difference between a major. So yeah it’s important that we get those calls and they are equally fair.
A good round for us. Hopefully tonight goes better than last night.

I don’t see how it could have worked out any better for Spratley the way the Consolation brackets have fallen out. While he is the fifth highest seed in the Cons at 6th behind 1,2,3 & 5 they are all on the top side of the bracket. He is the highest seed in the bottom side of the Cons.

To AA (8th Guaranty) he must beat the winner of #23 Jordan (SDSU) and #17 Ungar (COR)

Winning that, to Wrestle for 6th he must beat the winner of #15 Smith (NEB), #20 Poulin (UNCO) or 28th Sotelo (HAR)

Winning that, to Wrestle for 3rd he must beat the loser of #8 Figueroa (ASU) or #13 Noto (LH) from the winners bracket.

Winning that, to finish 3rd he must beat whoever wins the top side and that includes 1,2,3,5 seeds

I sure hope this is right...

Just my opinion, specifically in a match like the Fix- Frost match. If all you are doing is leaning forward and the other guy has shot multiple times then that's stalling. If both guys are just leaning on each other and not taking any shots (every KD match) then no that's not stalling because neither wrestler is making any attempts.

That's my thoughts on stalling.

I also have a strong opinion that the 3-point takedown should only be awarded if you initiated the action. If you simply counter for the takedown you only get 2 points. I want guys to be rewarded for initiating action. If only the NCAA would put me in charge of scoring things would become a whole lot more interesting.

Williams heading to SV tied 2-2.

Williams almost gets taken down, works out of it... Heading to TB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT