ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

Spratley goes down 4-1...

Interesting they didn't call to reset, they sat there for 10 seconds doing nothing. Unfortunate.

The bigger the upset the worse it is for Spratley. Luckily Davis and Ramos are on the other side of the Cons bracket t I guess Stanach is on his side

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339
I'm fine with no stalemate there. I think Spratley should've gone for Ayala leg when he had the chance but tough spot to be in. And like always, wish he would've shot a few more times. Got in deep on his one real shot....still good stuff from him against a tough opponent. Hope he has one more win left in him maybe more.

Not sure why Fix is getting booed so bad. Am I missing something or does it all go back to the suspected PED suspension?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
By seeds we should win all of these except Williams and I think he will win. Izzak should get bonus

149 – (19) Joseph Zargo (Wisconsin) vs (20) Jordan Williams (Oklahoma State)
21-10 : 15-8

157 – (18) Vinny Zerban (Northern Colora) vs (16) Teague Travis (Oklahoma State)
25-3 : 21-6

165 – (7) Izzak Olejnik (Oklahoma State) vs (25) Holden Heller (Pittsburgh)
25-6 : 14-8

285 – (27)Josiah Hill (Little Rock) vs (21) Konner Doucet (Oklahoma State)
24-10: 12-6

Reactions: bwel9339 and driad
Takedown by Williams and cut him loose: 3-1
Counter TD 6-1, escape
Cradle takedown and 4nf. escape 13 - 3

I love this kid

started on top in 2nd, escape 13-4

Slowed down and almost gave up two TDs

Back to it and another TD 16-4: end of 2nd

Down for starting the 3rd

Quick escape and on the leg again and TD for the Tech 20-4.

As I said, I Love this kid

Last edited:
Takedown by Williams and cut him loose: 3-1
Counter TD 6-1, escape
Cradle takedown and 4nf. escape 13 - 3

I love this kid

started on top in 2nd, escape 13-4

Slowed down and almost gave up two TDs
Jordan really came out and wrestled and wins by tech. If he All Americans this year he could really be something next year. He has jumped a level this year. Daton wrestled poorly again but won. Spratley wrestled tough but if you don't get a takedown you usually lose. Spratley could be real good next year if he All Americans also.

Reactions: bwel9339 and driad
Apparently, he and Plott are the only ones who went to the "how to secure a takedown" class held prior to Nationals.

I always said that if he could figure out the strategic side of things his skills were top tier. Fun to watch kids figure it out.

157 – (18 : 25-3) Vinny Zerban (Northern Colorado) vs (16 : 21-6) Teague Travis

I guess next on mat 2; Travis higher seed, Zerban better record (don't know anything about him, weeker schedule?)

This is a match-up Travis should win

I guess next on mat 2; Travis higher seed, Zerban better record (don't know anything about him, weeker schedule?)

Travis should win agreed. STAY AGGRESSIVE. Zerban has 1 top 20 win I believe. Was a good one though against Cardenas early in the season. Otherwise just didn't wrestle many top guys.

Zerban did wrestle a weaker schedule but he is dangerous. His best trait is his quickness which will give Travis trouble. Teague can out-muscle him if he can catch him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT