ADVERTISEMENT

chasepollard

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2005
I don't have enough time right now to run through my 133 bracket, but I will start the discussion anyway and post later today.

I think its ridiculous that Brewer and Garrett are on the same side, I do know that. Clark Brewer should be a tough one. In one attempt at 133, I had Harding sneaking into AA status, then on my other two, I couldn't get him there.

Discuss...

I really wish brewer and Richards were swapped, but with Brewers loss to Brock there was no other option. I wound love to see GWH AA, but I'm not sure he can win the R12 matchup. Most likely he would face Dicamillo. I think he will beat Alber, then lose to Clark. I think he has a nice path to R12 after that. I hope he proves me wrong and pulls off an upset.

The GWH that wrestled Hall in the dual has a shot against anyone not named Garrett or Brewer, but the guy who wrestled at Big 12s wasn't quite at that level. Hopefully he was sick or just had an off weekend and the injury from earlier in the season isn't coming back (I have no idea what it was so this is pure speculation). I also see him beating Alber, losing to Clark and working his way through the back. Then it is all about draw. With his motor and ability to wear people down, he will be a bear if he can get to the 2nd match of each session on Friday. It would be a surprise if he AAs, but it won't be for lack of effort.

As to the rest of the bracket, I'm convinced that Garrett is going to win, but the Brewer/Garrett semi has the potential to be an all-timer, especially if Brewer can hit a couple of big moves (he needs at least 2 sets of back points to win). Clark/Richards will be a grind fest and not nearly as much fun. I kind of hope both guys get beat early, but also don't want GWH to see them on the back.

Okay, here goes!

I've got a Garrett/Clark finals and Dicamillo upsetting Richards in the quarters. Garrett as the Champ.

For us, I've got Harding beating Alber and losing to Clark. Which sets him up with a decent road to score team points. He'll have to go through Beckman (who has to be hurt) and then Diju. I have him beat Diju and falling to Taylor. That is winnable to me, which brings me back to his backside run! He beats Taylor, he gets Hall. He loses to Hall and beats Montoya for 7th.

The thing is, I'm not sure he gets by Taylor...but he can. If he doesn't, he falls one win short again.

Speaking of Taylor, he upsets Conaway and then Conaway falls to Montoya or Richards. If it's Montoya, he fails to AA...lets root this kid on!

I have it Garrett, Clark, Brewer, Hall, Richards, Dicamillo, Taylor, Montoya

I've got a Garrett-somebody/anybody finals as well. Would love to see Cody beat Nashon, but I can't predict it. But when he does, I won't be surprised.

Regardless, who ever ends up in the finals from the top half of the bracket will be your winner. The loser of Brewer-Garrett takes 4th.

I have Harding beating Alber and loosing to Clark. Krassier beats an iffy Beckman and gets beat by Harding. DiJulius looses to Montoya and then beats Harding. IF, Harding beats DJ, he gets Hall, which I know he can beat, and if he beats DJ, he is on a roll and should beat Hall. Then gets Taylor which I don't think he wins and will get Montoya/DiCamillo/McGuire for 7th.

I've got a Garrett-somebody/anybody finals as well. Would love to see Cody beat Nashon, but I can't predict it. But when he does, I won't be surprised.

Regardless, who ever ends up in the finals from the top half of the bracket will be your winner. The loser of Brewer-Garrett takes 4th.

Why would the loser get 4th?

Just a hunch. Sometimes those who have their sights set on "Championship or Bust" and don't reach their goals have let downs. Could very well be wrong, as I think these two are the class of 133.

Well, Micco and I agree on the class of this class...it sucks Brewer doesn't get to meet Garrett in the Finals.

As the Brackets sit now, we are behind PSU by about 10-15 points. It doesn't get any better until 65 its looking like. 141 is coming up next.

CP from Flo has been releasing his predictions by weight. He has not released 185-285 yet, but on FRL this morning he said he has us 9.5 behind PSU. He mentioned he doesn't have rogers or Boyd making AA and he has Heil second. That is a lot of room for improvement.

Yeah, I did my brackets independent of Flos so that I didn't have some sort of bias or name recognition from their predictions. I filled in my paper brackets as soon as I could print them out. Then I did that interactive deal you posted about. I had us winning with the interactive brackets, and I should feel and fill them out about the same.

Up to 133, we need Mega to slip and not bonus after the slips and we need the 33 bracket to shape up to give Conaway a tough road to make his point total similar to Hardings.

Also, I have Rogers and Boyd making AA I'm pretty sure...so I am pretty different from the Flo predictions. I kind of saw these threads discussing out options and coming to an agreement on what kind of points we would garner at each weight. So right now I had Mega around 21 and Klimara at 17. Conaway at 12-15 and Harding at 5-10...which puts us around 10 behind.

Yeah, I did my brackets independent of Flos so that I didn't have some sort of bias or name recognition from their predictions. I filled in my paper brackets as soon as I could print them out. Then I did that interactive deal you posted about. I had us winning with the interactive brackets, and I should feel and fill them out about the same.

Up to 133, we need Mega to slip and not bonus after the slips and we need the 33 bracket to shape up to give Conaway a tough road to make his point total similar to Hardings.

Also, I have Rogers and Boyd making AA I'm pretty sure...so I am pretty different from the Flo predictions. I kind of saw these threads discussing out options and coming to an agreement on what kind of points we would garner at each weight. So right now I had Mega around 21 and Klimara at 17. Conaway at 12-15 and Harding at 5-10...which puts us around 10 behind.[/QUOTE

Beckman is not hurt - looked fine at EIWAs except against Garrett who looked of the chart good.

Just like every other NCAA tournament, there will be upsets. I remember a wrestler who was unstoppable, an absolute hammer, only to have Larry Owings get to record his name in the history books. The Cowboys have a chance, Go Pokes!!

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT