ADVERTISEMENT

What Do You Think Would Happen

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
If it was a fair fight between Uncle Bibi and the Palestinians? Let’s pretend the people in Gaza had access to the same weaponry as Israel. Do you think Israel could carry out a genocide campaign if it was on the receiving end of the same military equipment as what it has? Discuss.

If it was a fair fight between Uncle Bibi and the Palestinians? Let’s pretend the people in Gaza had access to the same weaponry as Israel. Do you think Israel could carry out a genocide campaign if it was on the receiving end of the same military equipment as what it has? Discuss.
Let's reverse the roles, Israel is weak and the Palestinians are strong, what would happen? Nothing the Palestinians would have already killed all the Jews, without a single word of condemnation from you.

Let's reverse the roles, Israel is weak and the Palestinians are strong, what would happen? Nothing the Palestinians would have already killed all the Jews, without a single word of condemnation from you.
Wrong again, Buster Brown! My condemnation would be just as loud. You’re always telling me what I don’t understand about what you say. But you have never shown you understand what I say, you just land on an ignorant and casual assumption and never stray from it.

But let’s get back to the topic. Assume the war-making skills are equal. Do you think Uncle Bibi would be as smug and arrogant about his superiority? Or would he have to admit he’s only been superior because he has a sugar daddy and the Palestinians don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Wrong again, Buster Brown! My condemnation would be just as loud. You’re always telling me what I don’t understand about what you say. But you have never shown you understand what I say, you just land on an ignorant and casual assumption and never stray from it.

But let’s get back to the topic. Assume the war-making skills are equal. Do you think Uncle Bibi would be as smug and arrogant about his superiority? Or would he have to admit he’s only been superior because he has a sugar daddy and the Palestinians don’t.
Arrogant? You think Israel is arrogant for going to war over 1200 of their citizens being attack and killed.

I see you only disagreement with my scenario was your reaction, no disagreement with the Palestinians having already killed all the Jews. Very telling.

Arrogant? You think Israel is arrogant for going to war over 1200 of their citizens being attack and killed.

I see you only disagreement with my scenario was your reaction, no disagreement with the Palestinians having already killed all the Jews. Very telling.
What does it tell you? That I think if the Palestinians had the power to do to the Zionists what the Zionists have done to the Palestinians they would? When have I ever suggested otherwise? Yes, the arrogance of Uncle Bibi seeps of of his pores.

Now let’s get back to the subject. (You seem remarkably reluctant to address it.) How would Uncle Bibi behave if he knew he’d get his teeth kicked in as much as he kicked in teeth? Is it possible he would recommend a diplomatic solution instead of war?

• Haha
What does it tell you? That I think if the Palestinians had the power to do to the Zionists what the Zionists have done to the Palestinians they would? When have I ever suggested otherwise? Yes, the arrogance of Uncle Bibi seeps of of his pores.

Now let’s get back to the subject. (You seem remarkably reluctant to address it.) How would Uncle Bibi behave if he knew he’d get his teeth kicked in as much as he kicked in teeth? Is it possible he would recommend a diplomatic solution instead of war?
If you will recall it wasn't Bibi that started the war, it was the Palestinians that started the war with their cowardly October 7th attack on innocent Israeli citizens.

Interesting you say the Palestinians would wipe out the Israelis if they could but you don't understand and condemn the Israelis for their diligence against the Palestinians. You just admitted the Palestinians would wipe out the Jews yet you think Palestinians should have free range in Israel? SMFH

The day Israel doesn't have a military advantage in the region is the day they no longer exist. #facts

• Love

Its interesting, but Israel's had the power to wipe out Palestine since their founding. They proved it with the 6-day war in which they turned Egypt's military into a JV squad. Yet somehow they've patiently tried the peace process while being relentless attacked by neighbors on all sides. I mean they have so many rockets shot at them every year they had to spend BILLIONS of dollars creating an anti-missile network (the iron dome) to protect their own citizens. But you, sitting in your comfy computer chair, assume because they can absorb those attacks, that their retaliation isn't "fair" because their weaponry is better.

Its interesting, but Israel's had the power to wipe out Palestine since their founding. They proved it with the 6-day war in which they turned Egypt's military into a JV squad. Yet somehow they've patiently tried the peace process while being relentless attacked by neighbors on all sides. I mean they have so many rockets shot at them every year they had to spend BILLIONS of dollars creating an anti-missile network (the iron dome) to protect their own citizens. But you, sitting in your comfy computer chair, assume because they can absorb those attacks, that their retaliation isn't "fair" because their weaponry is better.
A couple of nit picks. Israel has the power it has because it has a sugar daddy. The sugar daddy has held it back from doing what it’s always wanted to do multiple times through the years. It’s no longed 1967. No doubt Israel’s sugar daddy has seen to it it is the dominant military power in the region, but the enemies Israel has made almost no effort to engage diplomatically, have the firepower to lay waste to the area before Uncle Bibi can overcome them. Israel has been relentlessly attacked by Hamas, no argument about that. On the other hand Israel has relentlessly attacked Gaza and the West Bank and no matter how badly you want to believe it has always been in defensive retaliation that is not true. And they do not spend billions of dollars defending themselves with things like the Iron Dome, American taxpayers do. Lastly, nine replies in, 12 hours later and not a single one of you has attempted to answer the question, only dance around it looking for ways of avoiding saying what you think would happen. So let me say what I think would happen, get the ball rolling so to speak. I think if both sides were of equal power they would know they’d have too much to lose by fighting each other and would seek diplomatic recourse to settle disputes, kind of a Cold War between them. Diplomacy hasn’t happened and will never happen as long as one side has all the weapons and a giant body guard standing behind it.

• Haha

Ahh, DEI in war.

Still wondering who’s working your mouth?

A couple of nit picks. Israel has the power it has because it has a sugar daddy. The sugar daddy has held it back from doing what it’s always wanted to do multiple times through the years. It’s no longed 1967. No doubt Israel’s sugar daddy has seen to it it is the dominant military power in the region, but the enemies Israel has made almost no effort to engage diplomatically, have the firepower to lay waste to the area before Uncle Bibi can overcome them. Israel has been relentlessly attacked by Hamas, no argument about that. On the other hand Israel has relentlessly attacked Gaza and the West Bank and no matter how badly you want to believe it has always been in defensive retaliation that is not true. And they do not spend billions of dollars defending themselves with things like the Iron Dome, American taxpayers do. Lastly, nine replies in, 12 hours later and not a single one of you has attempted to answer the question, only dance around it looking for ways of avoiding saying what you think would happen. So let me say what I think would happen, get the ball rolling so to speak. I think if both sides were of equal power they would know they’d have too much to lose by fighting each other and would seek diplomatic recourse to settle disputes, kind of a Cold War between them. Diplomacy hasn’t happened and will never happen as long as one side has all the weapons and a giant body guard standing behind it.
In other words you want the Palestinians to become an equal military power to Israel under the delusions that will bring peace between the two. Pure insanity.

Some nitpick back. Israel receives equipment from the US, yes, but what you failed to mention is once the Israeli's have it, they modify it themselves. The Israelis have the capability to develop and make their own weapons and have from the start. They designed and built their main battle tank as well as their rifle. It's just easier for them to buy aircraft, and then modify them to suit themselves as well as standard NATO ordinance. I don't think an American pilot could get into an Israeli F-16 and fly it. It is heavily modified by Israel as is just about everything they buy. Which leads to the next nitpick. Israel buys weapons from the US. You could say that the US gives them aid, that they use to purchase the weapons but the weapons are still purchased.

Now let me answer your question. Your question is irrelevant. There is nothing in the question that can be compared. If Israel were committing genocide, then they would have to attack the West Bank and Jordan, and there would also be no refugees to feed. If Hamas was armed in the same way as Israel they would be trying to bring about a Genocide in Israel. They have said as much in their own charter. With that being said the reality is one should never pick a fight with someone you can't beat. Hamas is insane for picking a fight with an entity that could wipe them off the face of the earth, the fact that they haven't done so yet, is also proof there is no genocide going on.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Some nitpick back. Israel receives equipment from the US, yes, but what you failed to mention is once the Israeli's have it, they modify it themselves. The Israelis have the capability to develop and make their own weapons and have from the start. They designed and built their main battle tank as well as their rifle. It's just easier for them to buy aircraft, and then modify them to suit themselves as well as standard NATO ordinance. I don't think an American pilot could get into an Israeli F-16 and fly it. It is heavily modified by Israel as is just about everything they buy. Which leads to the next nitpick. Israel buys weapons from the US. You could say that the US gives them aid, that they use to purchase the weapons but the weapons are still purchased.

Now let me answer your question. Your question is irrelevant. There is nothing in the question that can be compared. If Israel were committing genocide, then they would have to attack the West Bank and Jordan, and there would also be no refugees to feed. If Hamas was armed in the same way as Israel they would be trying to bring about a Genocide in Israel. They have said as much in their own charter. With that being said the reality is one should never pick a fight with someone you can't beat. Hamas is insane for picking a fight with an entity that could wipe them off the face of the earth, the fact that they haven't done so yet, is also proof there is no genocide going on.
Thank you for your reply, but please allow me to nitpick back a little. It is immaterial, I believe, that Israel modifies the war armaments handed to it by the US. The US gives them armaments to modify and provides the security to allow them time to do the modifications. Gaza has no benefactor like that.

My question is irrelevant only because the answer is uncomfortable to those who have lived for years knowing there is no fair fight and never has been, and never can be. And IMO it has created a “superiority complex” among the Israeli faithful to the point they can’t comprehend that Palestinians are anything other than dirty uneducated Jew-hating vermin so below the intellectual and financial stature of their Israeli counterparts they feel free to let their latent racism out of the box in which they normally keep it hidden away.

Frankly I think my answer is the only viable one. That Israel has kept the Palestinians imprisoned in an apartheid state is untenable and guaranteed to foment violence. That’s why I think even if they succeed in destroying Hamas completely (which at this point in time it doesn’t appear they can) if all they do is go back to their old way of dealing with Palestinians by oppressing them like the good old days, a new terror/resistance group will emerge from the ashes and everything will be right back to square one. I was watching a podcast earlier in which they were characterizing the Hamas fighters and said the majority of them are orphans whose family had been brutalized and murdered by Israel, many of them watched the murders of their families in front of them when they were young boys. Knowing that is it any wonder they want revenge? What do you suppose the young boys in Gaza today will be like in 10-15 years? Especially if Israel reinstitutes the way it has always treated them? I have a friend who along with his wife over the years has welcomed children into their home and family who had been taken away from their parents. I remember especially a very young boy who was so cute and sweet and loved his new family with all he had. I commended my friend for what he was doing and he told me he dreaded what the boy would be like in 10 years because of the abuse his parents had put him through. And sure enough 10 years later the boy became a rebel without a cause, virtually uncontrollable, left home and wasn’t seen again for many months. They found him in prison. Don’t you think that’s what Israel will be facing tens of thousands of times over after what it has done to them? I do.

• Haha
A whole lot of willful ignorance in your post Dan. You very much remind me of the BLM defund the police movement. Doesn't matter the criminal broke the law, refused to cooperate and tried to kill the police officer, only that the police harmed the poor criminal. SMFH

A whole lot of willful ignorance in your post Dan. You very much remind me of the BLM defund the police movement. Doesn't matter the criminal broke the law, refused to cooperate and tried to kill the police officer, only that the police harmed the poor criminal. SMFH
I neither said nor implied anything of the sort but I understand you have a playbook in your head and are incapable of deviating from it.

I neither said nor implied anything of the sort but I understand you have a playbook in your head and are incapable of deviating from it.
Feel free to point out your numerous post talking about Palestinian wrong doing. Every post is Israel mistreats the Palestinians causing them to become frustrated and left with no choice but to strike back at Israel.

Thank you for your reply, but please allow me to nitpick back a little. It is immaterial, I believe, that Israel modifies the war armaments handed to it by the US. The US gives them armaments to modify and provides the security to allow them time to do the modifications. Gaza has no benefactor like that.

My question is irrelevant only because the answer is uncomfortable to those who have lived for years knowing there is no fair fight and never has been, and never can be. And IMO it has created a “superiority complex” among the Israeli faithful to the point they can’t comprehend that Palestinians are anything other than dirty uneducated Jew-hating vermin so below the intellectual and financial stature of their Israeli counterparts they feel free to let their latent racism out of the box in which they normally keep it hidden away.

Frankly I think my answer is the only viable one. That Israel has kept the Palestinians imprisoned in an apartheid state is untenable and guaranteed to foment violence. That’s why I think even if they succeed in destroying Hamas completely (which at this point in time it doesn’t appear they can) if all they do is go back to their old way of dealing with Palestinians by oppressing them like the good old days, a new terror/resistance group will emerge from the ashes and everything will be right back to square one. I was watching a podcast earlier in which they were characterizing the Hamas fighters and said the majority of them are orphans whose family had been brutalized and murdered by Israel, many of them watched the murders of their families in front of them when they were young boys. Knowing that is it any wonder they want revenge? What do you suppose the young boys in Gaza today will be like in 10-15 years? Especially if Israel reinstitutes the way it has always treated them? I have a friend who along with his wife over the years has welcomed children into their home and family who had been taken away from their parents. I remember especially a very young boy who was so cute and sweet and loved his new family with all he had. I commended my friend for what he was doing and he told me he dreaded what the boy would be like in 10 years because of the abuse his parents had put him through. And sure enough 10 years later the boy became a rebel without a cause, virtually uncontrollable, left home and wasn’t seen again for many months. They found him in prison. Don’t you think that’s what Israel will be facing tens of thousands of times over after what it has done to them? I do.

Why have we armed Israel?

I won
Why have we armed Israel?
I won’t bother answering your question because I know you don’t want to know the truth. The point is by arming Israel and protecting it from any backlash and making it the big gorilla in the room Uncle Bibi thinks he can perpetually treat Palestinians as subhumans without concern. Then Oct 7 breaks out and Uncle Bibi is stunned and decides to make things worse rather than better. If the Palestinians were in a position to give as good as they get I believe both sides would seek peaceful and diplomatic resolution rather than the murder and mayhem of war. So far @Tulsaaggieson is the only one to attempt to answer the question. I wonder why.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
The fight is not fair because the USA doesn’t want it to be fair, mainly because the Terrorstinians are the bad guys. If the two sides were evenly matched, the USA would step in on the side of the good guys, that being the Israelis. Please don’t even bother with the “moral equivalence” bullshit that the left spews.

The fight is not fair because the USA doesn’t want it to be fair, mainly because the Terrorstinians are the bad guys. If the two sides were evenly matched, the USA would step in on the side of the good guys, that being the Israelis. Please don’t even bother with the “moral equivalence” bullshit that the left spews.
I think you nailed the reason the fight is not fair, but the question is what do you think would happen if the fight was fair. (It wouldn’t be a fair fight if the USA jumped in.)

I won

I won’t bother answering your question because I know you don’t want to know the truth. The point is by arming Israel and protecting it from any backlash and making it the big gorilla in the room Uncle Bibi thinks he can perpetually treat Palestinians as subhumans without concern. Then Oct 7 breaks out and Uncle Bibi is stunned and decides to make things worse rather than better. If the Palestinians were in a position to give as good as they get I believe both sides would seek peaceful and diplomatic resolution rather than the murder and mayhem of war. So far @Tulsaaggieson is the only one to attempt to answer the question. I wonder why.

Sure.

Why did we arm Israel?

I think you nailed the reason the fight is not fair, but the question is what do you think would happen if the fight was fair. (It wouldn’t be a fair fight if the USA jumped in.)

Well, the Israelis are the smartest dudes on the planet.

Your team shoots bullets straight up to celebrate killing Israelis and ends up killing their fellow revelers.

Tough choice.

The answer to me is not uncomfortable. There is no such thing as a fair fight in war. In fact, armies always go after what they think is the weakest point to attack. Why should the Israelis make it fair? Making it fair is straight madness. Thats the point of this whole exercise.

History doesn't back up your hypothesis. If you cut off the Gazans from Hamas and give them a chance to elect reasonable leadership, that works with Israel instead of against it, they can come out of this situation in a very favorable way for their future. If they elect to continue to want Hamas-style representatives then they will get more of the same. The situation doesn't call for Israel to change, it calls for Gazans to change.

The answer to me is not uncomfortable. There is no such thing as a fair fight in war. In fact, armies always go after what they think is the weakest point to attack. Why should the Israelis make it fair? Making it fair is straight madness. Thats the point of this whole exercise.

History doesn't back up your hypothesis. If you cut off the Gazans from Hamas and give them a chance to elect reasonable leadership, that works with Israel instead of against it, they can come out of this situation in a very favorable way for their future. If they elect to continue to want Hamas-style representatives then they will get more of the same. The situation doesn't call for Israel to change, it calls for Gazans to change.
You are aware, are you not, that Israel has supported and propped up Hamas as Gaza's governing body from the beginning? And I'm sorry, I think you do find the proposition uncomfortable to contemplate. It's nothing but a mental exercise, we both know Gaza will never be Israel's fighting equal. So lay your prejudices aside for a moment and think what might happen if Gaza could inflict equal damage to Israel as it receives from Israel. I think there would be a mini Cold War between the two since they both recognize it would be mutual assured destruction otherwise.

You are aware, are you not, that Israel has supported and propped up Hamas as Gaza's governing body from the beginning? And I'm sorry, I think you do find the proposition uncomfortable to contemplate. It's nothing but a mental exercise, we both know Gaza will never be Israel's fighting equal. So lay your prejudices aside for a moment and think what might happen if Gaza could inflict equal damage to Israel as it receives from Israel. I think there would be a mini Cold War between the two since they both recognize it would be mutual assured destruction otherwise.
Israel has supported the Gazan people from the beginning. Israel didn't keep Hamas in charge Hamas did. Israel gave Gazah water, food, and medical supplies, and supported the government to the extent of being humane to its people. Hamas would steal those things even digging up water lines from Israel to turn into rockets to attack Israel. I'm sorry Dan but mutually assured destruction in this situation would most likely result in destruction. Arming radical jihadists and giving them F-16s and 500-pound bombs is just flat-out insane. You would not get your desired result of peace. At best you would get continual war.

The IQ difference means it wouldn’t be a level playing field.

What’s next engineering outcomes for the thought impaired?

If Hamas and Israel had equal military power the loss of life would be total. Israel has nuclear weapons, if Hamas had them they wouldn't hesitate to use them, which in turn would cause Israel to use their leading to a humanitarian death toll Dan says he is against.
Lets say nuclear weapons are not part of the equation, the loss of life would still be staggering. Hamas being a substantially lessor military power already attacks Israeli civilians with Missiles periodically and when they find a weakness they cowardly attack Israel with attacks like October 7th. If Hamas was an equal military power they would only ramp up the attacks in Israel causing Israel to respond in kind without a single restraint of targeting civilians. Dan says he's against that but I suspect he wouldn't have much of an issue with Israeli loss of life. If his post are any indication of his true feeling, Israel deserves it.
While Dan thinks equal military power would create peace and the Palestinians wouldn't readily use that power the facts prove otherwise. It would lead to an all out war that would bring other world powers into the war, which would start WWIII and make the biblical prediction a reality.

If Hamas and Israel had equal military power the loss of life would be total. Israel has nuclear weapons, if Hamas had them they wouldn't hesitate to use them, which in turn would cause Israel to use their leading to a humanitarian death toll Dan says he is against.
Lets say nuclear weapons are not part of the equation, the loss of life would still be staggering. Hamas being a substantially lessor military power already attacks Israeli civilians with Missiles periodically and when they find a weakness they cowardly attack Israel with attacks like October 7th. If Hamas was an equal military power they would only ramp up the attacks in Israel causing Israel to respond in kind without a single restraint of targeting civilians. Dan says he's against that but I suspect he wouldn't have much of an issue with Israeli loss of life. If his post are any indication of his true feeling, Israel deserves it.
While Dan thinks equal military power would create peace and the Palestinians wouldn't readily use that power the facts prove otherwise. It would lead to an all out war that would bring other world powers into the war, which would start WWIII and make the biblical prediction a reality.
Out of that entire rant not one sentence points out that Israel is currently doing to Gaza what he thinks Gaza would do to Israel. I swear, Bearcat, you get more leftist every day. It’s the leftists who do evil things and accuse the right of doing them.

Out of that entire rant not one sentence points out that Israel is currently doing to Gaza what he thinks Gaza would do to Israel. I swear, Bearcat, you get more leftist every day. It’s the leftists who do evil things and accuse the right of doing them.

IMO Israel is doing what it can not to kill civilians. I don't think for one second the Palestinians would do anything to not kill Israeli civilians as proven by their repeated Missile attacks targeting civilian areas and the October 7th attack. Simple enough for you?

IMO Israel is doing what it can not to kill civilians. I don't think for one second the Palestinians would do anything to not kill Israeli civilians as proven by their repeated Missile attacks targeting civilian areas and the October 7th attack. Simple enough for you?
So if all was equal it is your opinion that the Palestinians would opt to destroy Israel knowing full well Israel would destroy them in return. You think Palestinian hatred of Israel is so great they would be willing to be abolished from the face of the earth if they could abolish Israel in return. That’s some convoluted logic you’re promoting, my friend.

So if all was equal it is your opinion that the Palestinians would opt to destroy Israel knowing full well Israel would destroy them in return. You think Palestinian hatred of Israel is so great they would be willing to be abolished from the face of the earth if they could abolish Israel in return. That’s some convoluted logic you’re promoting, my friend.
Israel has the ability to wipe out the entire Palestinian population in short order yet for some reason the Palestinians launch untold numbers of missiles into Israel knowing they will hit in Civilian areas. They committed a heinous cowardly attack killing 1200 innocent Israeli citizens knowing full well Israel would respond. The fact they are not a pimple on the Israeli military's ass and they still do this should tell you the Palestinian leadership cares more about destroying Israel than it does the lives of the Palestinians. I keep thinking you will one day figure out this isn't about the Palestinians, they are merely the cannon fodder the radicals use and sacrifice to advance their desires but you refuse to look at the big picture.

Israel has the ability to wipe out the entire Palestinian population in short order yet for some reason the Palestinians launch untold numbers of missiles into Israel knowing they will hit in Civilian areas. They committed a heinous cowardly attack killing 1200 innocent Israeli citizens knowing full well Israel would respond. The fact they are not a pimple on the Israeli military's ass and they still do this should tell you the Palestinian leadership cares more about destroying Israel than it does the lives of the Palestinians. I keep thinking you will one day figure out this isn't about the Palestinians, they are merely the cannon fodder the radicals use and sacrifice to advance their desires but you refuse to look at the big picture.
Oh, Palestinians are cannon fodder alright! But you are ignoring the point of the exercise. What do you think would happen if Israeli civilians were cannon fodder equal to that of Palestinian citizens? I gather you think (although you carefully avoid saying it) that the Palestinians would attack unprovoked even if it meant they would be annihilated along with the Israelis. They are so steeped in hatred they are willing to be erased from existence as long as they could kill Jews. You do see the lunacy in thinking that, do you not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT