ADVERTISEMENT

Vito vs Walter (the pig) Schweinejäger Thread

I would think that you either don’t have many predators around and/or they may have plenty of food.

I would think that you either don’t have many predators around and/or they may have plenty of food.
So I have this theory and the neighbors are buying in finally . There was a commercial high fence place next door that did pig hunts. I think this guy let his pigs go because they got out of control. He just sold the place and I think he couldn’t feed all these while it was in escrow or the new buyer only wanted these rams they did also. There was just explosion of pigs right around this time on my cameras. The Yotes are not really a problem and with all the cattle ops right there we do plug them on the reg to make sure calves are safe.

I now have them under control enough they aren’t ripping up the pastures and my BIL has calmed down.

There are a couple that have to be absolute trophies and I just don’t see how they hadn’t been imported. IMO.

Hogs came in tonight also. Crescent moon seems to spunk up the the trophy’s. Man this new black boar I would love to have one of these mounted.

I’m heading up to my buddies farm in Vinita this week/weekend to do some hoggin. I’m using a 300 Blackout suppressed rifle with ATN thermal. I’m hoping it’s got enough punch, never used this on hogs so we will see.

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
I’m heading up to my buddies farm in Vinita this week/weekend to do some hoggin. I’m using a 300 Blackout suppressed rifle with ATN thermal. I’m hoping it’s got enough punch, never used this on hogs so we will see.
Let me know how it goes.

Oh got the call the skull is ready. Now do I drive up to Moore today lol.

I have it. Looks great picture to follow. I noticed stuff in the background on the pictures I have and not willing to post that on insta. It looks great. Has me juiced to get the spotted boar now who is bigger.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
I have an infrared scope I've never been able to sight in because I can't get anything to show up on the scope besides warm bodies. I know they make some special targets, but I've never bought any.

I have an infrared scope I've never been able to sight in because I can't get anything to show up on the scope besides warm bodies. I know they make some special targets, but I've never bought any.
My BIL used a hand warmer I think and then target held the heat enough to really bring it in. He has his accurate for sure. Dropped that pig with the 223 round or whatever. One shot I was impressed.

We have enough green lights in this setup I use a regular scope now it’s a high end one but it’s amazing how bright those lights light up this area. I might get a thermal this year but might buy my next heifer toss up on those two lol. I would crawl around the woods at night more if we both had thermals.

Next target. Hope to pop a turkey and have this fellow come in that evening.

I tried the hand warmer, but I don't know if the cotrast wasn't high enough or maybe some other problem. I've thought about getting my camping gear out and boiling a deal of water and doing that to light it up.

It's a really cool toy, but the current nightvision is probably a better option overall.

I wonder if a small balloon filled with hot water would hold the heat long enough to let you shoot.... once if you hit it. Easier would be to tack the smallest hand warmers (or fold them smaller) you can find to the target. (It has be be fairly cool out I would think) But that would tell you fairly closely where your rifle is hitting. How far do you think you can shoot a thermal accurately? I haven't used one.

Last edited:
We sighted his in on a cold day. May have been one reason.

I like the hot water ballon idea.

Right now I am in a turkey battle. Turkey hate me. I must smell off. I hate Turkey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT