ADVERTISEMENT

Vito vs Walter (the pig) Schweinejäger Thread

Man I had to call it at midnight so I could drive home to have the kid to school today. Hog came in at 2am. Going to try again Friday.

marine biology news GIF by NowThis

The wind was not in our favor was blowing out of the North. This is becoming an obsession.

I can’t find my arrow or blood but I promise I nailed this pig. Man I am not liking being in these woods alone looking for the boat with an arrow in him.

I have hogs hitting other feeders this is wild and there is a guy out here cutting hay. I thought no way I would see anything. Got within 25ish yards of this thing. Should have pulled my 357 but I got greedy and went for the bow shot. Lol. I going to get out of the woods have to go back and look in daylight. Oh man.

Headlamp is a real saver in those situations but those pigs have such a tough plate to penetrate

When I shoot pigs with a bow, especially big pigs (which I quit doing since it usually always ended up with a broken arrow, now I just pop with them with my .22 pistol with a can), I shoot them about 8 inches farther back from where I would shoot a deer due to that tough shoulder.

Headlamp is a real saver in those situations but those pigs have such a tough plate to penetrate
That is what got me worried and out of there. Did not want a pissed off pig coming at me in shoulder high brush. He had the advantage once I got out of that tree lol.

So I didn't get the boar IMO. He has showed up this week the day after I promised my wife I would not go hunting for a week. Everyday at 5:24 am he shows up. I must have hit one of the littler pigs with spots. I will say there is a trail cam and I swear either this pig has a straight tail or there is an arrow in his ham. I hope to get out next weekend and put in some night hunts. I got trail cams going down and trying to build this 6ftx8ftx6ft platform blind for the back field. This thing is going to be dope. Need solar powered panels and batteries and Saturday football could be dope lol. Looking forward to sitting in that tree stand again....

I shot a boar this weekend while deer hunting. Must have weighed about 250. I usually expect to ruin an arrow when I shoot a pig, but this shot was a perfect heart shot, and went through and barried in the dirt beyond him. He didn't go far. I have never seen so many large mature deer like this year. It's been insane.
Jelly.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
We have a dead pig fellow sitting here in the blind waiting making sure it’s dead but I am looking at it. My BIL gun ****ed and I nailed it with my 308. Green lights are the coolest setup so far. I am never deer hunting again.

Dropped Walters head off at Skulls Unlimited this morning. Kinda wish I would have done a head mount with him because he was a nice looking hog IMO. Oh well they do great work and this guys tusk are big and not broke so it will be a nice skull for my office.

Dropped Walters head off at Skulls Unlimited this morning. Kinda wish I would have done a head mount with him because he was a nice looking hog IMO. Oh well they do great work and this guys tusk are big and not broke so it will be a nice skull for my office.
Especially if you come from a long line of witchdoctors. :eek::cool:

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
Especially if you come from a long line of witchdoctors. :eek::cool:
One thing other then guns I really fought for to get from my Gramps when he passed was the skull of the wolf he shot from a plane in Alaska. I like the Euro mount as my preferred mount. I recently found the show succession and was pissed they stole my skulls phrase. Love collecting skulls. I want a big gator skull next I think.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
Had a bald eagle come in and feed on the carcass… pretty cool.

We didn’t butcher this one since I tried a new shot on this pig. I sat in a blind on youth weekend and heard all about how shooting a deer in the butthole is the best kill shot. Yes my first shot went right up this pigs ass. Then followed up with a heart shot.

There are two younger hogs and I am really hoping to get one of them this month and we want to try to process those two. I think these things will taste good. I am finishing them off on a nice corn. lol.

I won't be shooting any deer in the butthole, and don't recommend it. Missing an inch on either side both ruins a lot of meat and could end up losing said deer because he won't die that quickly. Just my opinion though. Plus how messy would that be to have poop all in the meat? Nasty.

On a pig, I don't really care. I don't normally eat them anyway.

I won't be shooting any deer in the butthole, and don't recommend it. Missing an inch on either side both ruins a lot of meat and could end up losing said deer because he won't die that quickly. Just my opinion though. Plus how messy would that be to have poop all in the meat? Nasty.

On a pig, I don't really care. I don't normally eat them anyway.
Oh ya I ain’t shooting a deer up the butt. I wanted this pig and was hoping to get a good spine shot. I honestly don’t even like breast shots in them either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT