ADVERTISEMENT

Vito vs Walter (the pig) Schweinejäger Thread

SquatchinPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2021
Well Well, I got Walter on camera last night. I have scheduled a hunt this Friday. I am first stopping by the fine fellow in Perkins place for some sweet toasted soy and corn and I have a bait pack that might even bring in a bear or fingers crossed Bigfoot. Either way I am going into the woods with a backpack, pistol and rifle. I love night hunts.

• Haha
Reactions: Random Poke Fan
Almost but the hog busted on us from behind. Any of you have any reviews on how pigs react to green lights?

Green lights don't bother hogs, but you definitely need to be downwind. Hogs spook very easily on human scent, especially if they've been pressured due to hunting before.

Green lights don't bother hogs, but you definitely need to be downwind. Hogs spook very easily on human scent, especially if they've been pressured due to hunting before.
Ya this is what I thought and why I wanted to go 18' into a tree. Thanks good to know about the green light. I can see great within 3-5ft of the feeder with that green light. I love that I got this new gun all setup.

Now I have the pigs trail into the feeder I just need another great night in the woods with a south wind and Walter the spotted pig is mine. I have all the data now.

See any signs of him?
I had him on the cam the night before at 9:30. I got done mowing and jetted up and my BIL had setup the blind earlier in the day so then when I got there we just walked into the blind at like 7ish and set till 12:35am that was when the coyote came in my BIL nailed him with the thermal. That is a cool way to hunt.

Ok I have stalked the drove for weeks now. I have cameras all over and I have seen the boar. I want these pigs' heads. No clue if I will be able to spend a night alone in the woods before the wife gives birth in three weeks. She is leaning heavily on the fact I will be over an hour away and have no cell service. (Heaven right?). I could nail the sow and the piglet if I could put time in the tree stand and get a good day but this boar has me greedy and they aren't messing up any of the pastures, so they are off the BIL radar. That boar almost had me thinking I had a Squatch though on one of the cams with how well he could set it off and get out of the photo. I am taking my time because I want to try my first shot at butchering my own game on this one. Any advice on how to look for worms or just cook it good?

OK, no judgement here. It's just me, but if she is 3 weeks away, that is not long and anything can happen at that point. and not having any Sxs, maybe you can get in a day, hunting there, esp. if you can check in every few hours. You may get a little "boared", But then trust the pigs, Bruno and Walter, will be there when you can get back and have "Gilt"-free time to chase 'em. For me, hunting incommunicado with a wife ready to domino is no bueno, a bad look and good way to get divorced. Plus, Being present for your child's birth, do not miss it! There is nothing in life quite like it, plus your wife will appreciate it greatly, after she curses you profusely during labor.

Last edited:
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
Oh, last night, just after midnight I heard something on the deck. It's a large elevated deck and takes 3 stairs to get up on it. I expected a person. Got the pistol and light and when to inspect. Caught a near 200 lb pig ON my deck and had turned over one of my wife's flower pots. Got a good look and he ran away, no shot though. I'm putting out the trail cam to see if he/they come back.

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
OK, no judgement here. It's just me, but if she is 3 weeks away, that is not long and anything can happen at that point. and not having any Sxs, maybe you can get in a day, hunting there, esp. if you can check in every few hours. You may get a little "boared", But then trust the pigs, Bruno and Walter, will be there when you can get back and have "Gilt"-free time to chase 'em. For me, hunting incommunicado with a wife ready to domino is no bueno, a bad look and good way to get divorced. Plus, Being present for your child's birth, do not miss it! There is nothing in life quite like it, plus your wife will appreciate it greatly, after she curses you profusely during labor.

Gilt free…

Rimshot GIF

My wife was about a month from the due date of our first child when my paternal grandmother passed. My dad and his siblings all recommended I stay with my wife and miss the funeral. I was very close with my grandmother and was very disappointed I missed it.

Inside 4 weeks is the no-fly zone, so to speak

We feel your pain, but trust you to do the right thing. Let us know how it goes?
Snuck up to the farm and did a little chain sawing and cleaned the up after all this weather. had some caking going on. Got 4 hours up there but I will take what I can. Hopefully within the next month we clear the rest of the trees and have the permanent stand up by Sept. I think it is a 150 yard shot where we picked out. Pig won't see it coming.

God I love being in the woods.

Vito, I've just had a Walter come all the way down her to texas and ruin my garden. Let's keep that pig in check!
I am going to attribute the hogs coming well out from the creeks due to the dryspell and high heat. Also seeing unusual number of does coming up. Guess I'm going to water them.

Vito, I've just had a Walter come all the way down her to texas and ruin my garden. Let's keep that pig in check!
I am going to attribute the hogs coming well out from the creeks due to the dryspell and high heat. Also seeing unusual number of does coming up. Guess I'm going to water them.
I hadn’t seen him for weeks and my BIL sent me a picture in his trail cam of him. I am getting a ton of deer photos on the game cams. I got a fawn the other day. Also possible cat but BIL thinks it’s a big fox or yote. Either way I keeping a gun even when running the saw from now on.

We worked in the back field till 9 something figured we ran everything off so we didn’t hunt last night. From ten pm to 6 am those pigs smiled at every camera. Oh Walter you clever beast.

Lucky pig 😂
Dude is in my head for sure he just radiates Alpha. He brought his lady to my new feeder and platform blind and humped. This skull just went up to top shelf.

What is crazy is he won’t go back to my second feeder anymore. We hunted it two nights and that was all it took him to learn.

I want to hunt this thing in a ground blind depending on wind that day I have two spots but my BIL doesn’t want to be on the ground with them.

Reactions: panhndlpoke
Dude is in my head for sure he just radiates Alpha. He brought his lady to my new feeder and platform blind and humped. This skull just went up to top shelf.

What is crazy is he won’t go back to my second feeder anymore. We hunted it two nights and that was all it took him to learn.

I want to hunt this thing in a ground blind depending on wind that day I have two spots but my BIL doesn’t want to be on the ground with them.
He’s an exhibitionist!

My wife was up with the baby last night and she told me that my phone was just lighting up all night was everything ok. I told her that was just Walter and Waltetts teasing me.

Reactions: panhndlpoke
This pig showed up this morning and went right by my tree stand. I think I want this pig more than a deer Sunday. If I get this with a bow. You guys won't be able to live with me on this site.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT