ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

This isn’t just about a one year rental imo. It’s about the RTC and the long term senior level goal for AA imo. You go get him.
100%! RTC would benefit greatly! Plus Alirez could grow and develop like he’s wanting. We already have one Colorado native on the Girls club, he mine as well come on home to Stilly lol

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I agree. I don’t mind bringing in a couple transfers to fill some gaps but brining in a 1 year rental for a hefty sum doesn’t jive well with me knowing there are promising young guys who will get benched and ultimately transfer out. You build championships by development not by buying one.
If Alirez comes in and goes 141, what's the logical thing for Jamison and Williams to do? Jamison is a big 41 and definitely strong enough for 49. I think if hes not cutting so much he's a different guy at 49. Williams is tall and can add a lot of muscle on that frame if he goes up. Jordan and Teague battle it out for 57 which will be good for them, especially Jordan. Then next year Hughes goes 41 and Sakamoto slots in at 33. Or JJ or whoever. This is easy to figure out and the best case scenario my little brain can come up with.

If we dont get Alirez then I think we'll see everyone hold where they are for 1 more year.

You’re wrong and you don’t know what weight anyone is going . Let me know how you fell next march
That's my personal opinion on transfers. Clearly you don't agree with me, but it certainly doesn't make me wrong because your opinion differs. Now if you have some actual facts/knowledge to change my mind then bring them to the table.

If Alirez transfers in and goes 141 then Jamison bumps to 149 and that ends up with a undersized Williams at 157 which I don't love because I felt like he was a little over muscled at 149 and struggled due to it at times. Ultimately Teague Travis is left out, which I'm okay with in the end.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
That's my personal opinion on transfers. Clearly you don't agree with me, but it certainly doesn't make me wrong because your opinion differs. Now if you have some actual facts/knowledge to change my mind then bring them to the table.

If Alirez transfers in and goes 141 then Jamison bumps to 149 and that ends up with a undersized Williams at 157 which I don't love because I felt like he was a little over muscled at 149 and struggled due to it at times. Ultimately Teague Travis is left out, which I'm okay with in the end.
If Williams doesn't want to get outmuscled he needs to get serous in the weight room. It will inevitably fall on him.

I think 149 could be three quality wrestlers. Jamison seemed to just outgrow 141 last year.

I would not say ‘no’ to Alirez, but it would make more sense to allocate funds at a different weight. But, hey, I would take him any day of the week without batting an eye. Maybe our younger guys can learn from him.

All three, but the administration will find a way to screw this up to If they take any more time They’re asking kids to make a choice to come to Oklahoma State without a head coach thank God the existing staff is good maybe they will open their eyes and see what the staff is doing without a head coach being named

All three, but the administration will find a way to screw this up to If they take any more time They’re asking kids to make a choice to come to Oklahoma State without a head coach thank God the existing staff is good maybe they will open their eyes and see what the staff is doing without a head coach being named
About time someone said it. I’ve been impressed with OSU’s off season momentum but the lack of a HC will soon have a real impact on your program. Certainty is paramount unless a really big fish is close at hand. I always find these organizational decisions fascinating.

Reactions: bwel9339
That would be such and Oklahoma State move. Have this amazing transfer class that wants to come but screw it up because they take too long on the coaching search.

Well I was told repeatedly on this board that we did a full search last year and that’s why we brought in CS. Not sure if all that took place why we would be waiting. My guess is that it didn’t and some folks were simply taking out their arses.

Name CS the interim HC (I think he already is, but come out and do a little presser to clear the air). , give him the year to see what he can do. If you like it then take the interim title off. Simple.

Well I was told repeatedly on this board that we did a full search last year and that’s why we brought in CS. Not sure if all that took place why we would be waiting. My guess is that it didn’t and some folks were simply taking out their arses.

Name CS the interim HC (I think he already is, but come out and do a little presser to clear the air). , give him the year to see what he can do. If you like it then take the interim title off. Simple.
At this point a committee has been hired and conducting a full in depth search. It’s not as simple as just pick and choosing who we all want or like, with John leaving they are clearly making winning a priority. Down side is how do we get two top guys to commit to a school who has no HC.

• Haha

Are there red flags on coach Scott? He’s done a pretty good job at UNC, unless he doesn’t want to be HC, he would rather spend time with the team instead of doing admin stuff.

Are there red flags on coach Scott? He’s done a pretty good job at UNC, unless he doesn’t want to be HC, he would rather spend time with the team instead of doing admin stuff.
Oklahoma St. is a blue blood program, why just settle for the first candidate. I would think okie st. has the appeal to attract a program changing coach. There’s a lot of buzz behind Coleman but I don’t see him turning the program into a powerhouse.

• Haha
Oklahoma St. is a blue blood program, why just settle for the first candidate. I would think okie st. has the appeal to attract a program changing coach. There’s a lot of buzz behind Coleman but I don’t see him turning the program into a powerhouse.
ALOT of smoke saying we been in talks with DT.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT