ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

Or, hear me out on this, we could just let it go and not bring it up since the program is thankfully now headed in another direction.
Exactly, who is holding the Program back now? Not John freaking Smith, not David Taylor. It's fans and alum that want to point at shit they can't control due to lack of a time machine or lack of funds.

Disparaging any past participant, especially the greatest Wrestler of all time does nothing but negative.

Isn't it amazing what money can buy you in college athletics these days. 365 days ago we were talking about how we can hopefully be a top 10 placer at nationals and today we are talking about a completely new look coaching staff, new facilities and the potential for a national title in the next few years. Although funding was the key factor in all this lets not forget that none of this would even be a thought if JS hadn't retired. As stubborn as a lot of us have thought JS has been with evolving and change he decided it was his time to move on and that was the only way we were ever going to make this jump.

Isn't it amazing what money can buy you in college athletics these days. 365 days ago we were talking about how we can hopefully be a top 10 placer at nationals and today we are talking about a completely new look coaching staff, new facilities and the potential for a national title in the next few years. Although funding was the key factor in all this lets not forget that none of this would even be a thought if JS hadn't retired. As stubborn as a lot of us have thought JS has been with evolving and change he decided it was his time to move on and that was the only way we were ever going to make this jump.
True, but wouldn’t work just anywhere.

Alabama in football, Duke in basketball, OSU in wrestling.

If Utah Valley plugged in this kind of $, they would get a bump; but nothing like what will occur at OSU.

You are correct on what money can buy. All of sports better hope that the Ivy League schools never go all-in on sports. Their alumni base would blow out any other school's donors.

Reactions: vhsalum
It’s not, he’s got he’s jeans rolled to avoid the cow shit on the heels.

The hat is resting on the brow and there’s a bowleg to his gate. (He’s wearing his hat right)

If he’s not at least a half-ass cowboy, he’s good at portraying it.

Eskimo Joes, hideaway pizza, testicle festival, and a swim in theta pond. After that you are an official unofficial cowboy.
Noodling is a must before the fish fry.

Don’t think I’ve been this excited for wrestling season in a while. Can’t get here soon enough.
Or ever. Until last year, it’s been pretty tough being an OSU fan of late. It’s like Christmas on steroids.
I was a freshman at OSU in 2004 & had no idea how spoiled I was watching Johny Hendricks & co. win 4 straight titles… the last 15+ years have been exhausting.

Eskimo Joes, hideaway pizza, testicle festival, and a swim in theta pond. After that you are an official unofficial cowboy.
I’d say go watch the sun set at the OSU Botanic Garden on Hwy 51. That’s a favorite when I visit home. It’s free, OSU is always improving the site, and there are some amazing gardeners taking care of it. Even if you aren’t into gardens it’s quite impressive and serene with lots of room to wander. Great playground for kids too, built into the woods.

Mind giving a breakdown?

I'm about 9 hours away from being able to listen to a podcast
Mal said the lack of HC experience is a big deal because things have changed so much over the last couple decades. A great HC has to be a great CEO first and a coach second. OSU did the right thing even though it pissed him off that day and dumped Eric G and Coleman. He said he also has it from good sources that it’s a huge amount of money. Enough money to guarantee DT won’t fail. Basically alluded to it being the most in the sport

They talked alittle about Iowas future. Theyre both east coast guys but they think Donny Pritzlaff is Gods gift to wrestling and should be Iowa’s first call. Kind of off the wall.

They talked about how bad a$$ Little Rock is and that people don’t understand how good of a situation Neil has down there. Stand alone facility that’s very very nice and big donors. He said they have ASU/Sunkist money.

They think Adam Hall might do something at Utah Valley

Transfer market will get thinner without all the Covid year kids but as supply goes down the the demand will go up. Money money money.

They want a Dual meet championship instituted immediately. Grow the fan base with something fun to watch like that.

Last edited:
Speaking of Little Rock, If I were Neil, I would be going after Coleman hard. That would be a good situation for both and Coleman could find a home for a couple of years until something good opens up for him.
Considering the money we now know they have and the proximity to OK, they really could set themselves up as Stillwater lite with recent mass exodus from Orange Country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT