ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
I'm hearing Missouri starters will not be there but Iowa is sending 14 wrestlers. They are still trying to figure who will be the starters for 149/157. Front runners as of now Grothus 149 and Kelly 157. Looks like they are in need of a 141 but as of this time the job belongs to Dziewa.

On to Lindenwood and what I expect will be a better showing than last week. We still have weights to determine particularly at 133 where John might be faced with taking Harding out of red shirt. Not many other options unless Mike Magaldo another freshman could come down from 141. Another look at our 174 pounders in Rogers and Crutchmer and I am hoping that Rogers just had a bad Sunday. One of those two needs to come through this Saturday for the team to be solid at that weight. Dolan and Schumacher at 141 should also be a battle and of course the 157 pounders including Marsteller, Torres, Koo.

Mr. Earl, Tognetti and I are going to the tournament together if the Italian does not back out at the last minute as he did at Miami. We could have put him in front of the car and let him have free "rein" and all that hot air would have melted the ice and snow.

Coach Smith has mentioned he would like to get the lineup set right after Lindenwood so we may see who will be our starters at 133, 141 and 174 from this tournament.

I do think Eddie and Chance could be the two guys who could push into the lineup later in the year.

Originally posted by oberebo:
Mr. Earl, Tognetti and I are going to the tournament together if the Italian does not back out at the last minute as he did at Miami. We could have put him in front of the car and let him have free "rein" and all that hot air would have melted the ice and snow.
Heard he just didn't want to sit by me in Miami
3dgrin.r191677.gif

On flow they have dean heil wrestling 41 this weekend and they also have chance marsteller registered at the freshman sophomore division (interesting). i was thinking if that was true about heil how about take eddie to 33 and leave miller at 25. that could strengthen our line up.

thompsonja posted on 11/21/2014...

On flow they have dean heil wrestling 41
this weekend and they also have chance marsteller registered at the
freshman sophomore division (interesting). i was thinking if that was
true about heil how about take eddie to 33 and leave miller at 25. that
could strengthen our line up.

Seems like Eddie already has problems with bigger 125's. That would likely be worse at 133.

I'm speaking out of the circle I guess but for sake of saving a red shirt (unless results are more different this weekend) I don't think it would hurt to give Garcia a go at 133 I watched his match with Harding on Flo he actually didn't look that bad and was winning the match till about the last 15-20 seconds I believe

It will be interesting what they do with Chance. Outside of a bad day in ranking matches struggling with scratch weight he has been VERY impressive. In my opinion he is our and will be our best option at 157 but they may make the decision to keep him under RS.

I don't think that we are in need of a 141 lber, I seem to be in the minority with the hawk fans but i think that we are in capable hands with Josh Dziewa this year. He was 27-10 on the year, and he didn't have any real bad losses, albeit some frustrating ones, which is why I guess the majority of the fans want to see someone else at 141. He lost to Port by getting reversed to his back and stuck, match was scoreless to that point, he lost to retherford 4-2, was leading until the third period when taken down and ridden out by Zain. Took 3rd at the midlands beating Richard Durso twice in the process, who would go on to AA at NCAAs. His loss was to Stephen rodrigues in the semis 11-9 in SV, which he later avenged at Big tens. His only other losses were to Laike Gardner of Lehigh 5-3 and Collica, Dardanes 2x, and Dutton 3x. Collica was R12, Dutton was an AA, and Dardanes was a returning 2x AA. He also owned the first win over Dardanes in that 3 match series, eventually falling to him in the R16 at Ncaa's before Dardanes lost to port in the R12.

So as a personal fan of Dziewa, i'm not really seeing where the panic is coming from, he is currently ranked 6th or 7th in most polls, and I think thats right about where he fits in. Think he could beat anybody in this weight but Stieber, Port, Carter eventually when he comes down, Dardanes - I think Nick will be too big for Josh. He might have a shot to beat Dutton, but at this point he is 0-3 against him and it might be a mental thing. Sure he doesn't dominate every match like some fans want to see, but at this point i think we have to acknowledge and respect Dziewa's slick style. Not every Hawkeye AA we've had in fit the mold of 'Iowa Style' Wrestling, and I think he very well will AA this year. Last year, his first year in the lineup, reminded me a lot of Nick Moores first year in the lineup, almost to a T. Both showed flashes of brilliance and beating good guys and almost beating top guys, but losing some head scratchers, and then fizzling out at NCAA's. If he improves as much as Moore did from his first year in the lineup, to his second year in the lineup, i think that we would be golden with 141. So label me a koolaid drinker, but I'm still in Josh Dziewa's corner 100%, and think he can still do big things this year.

Lax, that response seems like it would fit perfectly with the discussion on HR right now:)

Just checked track and they have CM in the gold division.

GOLD:
125:
Cline
Klimara
Miller

133:
Crutch
Garcia

141:
Heil
Schumaker
Dolan

149:(surprised no kindig)
Martin

157:
Collica
Koo
Torres
Marsteller

165:
Rogers
AD

174:
Crutch
Patterson
Rogers

184:
Boyd
Chappel

197:
Bean
Laures
Schafer

285:
Driver
Marsden

FR/SO(black):
125:
Cannon

133:
Harding

141:
Hone
Magaldo

149:
Blaylock
Mann

157:
Lamons

165:
Blees

285:
Allen

This post was edited on 11/22 1:20 AM by april racer

Names from other schools that stick out:
ILL- Cortez and Richards 133
IOWA- Gross and Ryan 141, Cooper, Grothus, sorensen 149, Paddock 165, meyer 174, Burak 197, Stoll 285
NEO- jacobe Smith 174
NIU- Alber 133 black division
OU- Marek 174

Chandler rogers with second period fall over Daniel Lewis of mizzou. Brackets are updating on track, but no dashboard.

heil wbf over t. mann 1:30
cline over shockley 12 - 0
garcia winner 9 - 7
crutchmer winner 7 - 2
This post was edited on 11/22 10:23 AM by RNGwaddie

Schumacher wins by fall. Just hit me that he is at 141.

Martin lost by fall.

This post was edited on 11/22 10:43 AM by april racer

Marsteller wins 17-2.

In FR/SO div:
Cannon wins 8-4
Hone wins 18-1
Magaldo wbf
Mann wins 6-0

Koo wins 29-13
Torres wbf
This post was edited on 11/22 10:59 AM by april racer

AD wins 17-5

C Rogers wins by first period fall

This post was edited on 11/22 11:01 AM by april racer

Kyle Crutchmer wins 11-4 and faces Meyer from Iowa next.

Patterson loses 5-2.
J Rogers wbf 0:49, faces Paddock of Iowa next.

Boyd defeats L Dixon 7-0.

This post was edited on 11/22 11:34 AM by april racer

This post was edited on 11/22 11:35 AM by april racer

Bean won 17-4.
Laures lost 20-9.

This post was edited on 11/22 11:56 AM by april racer

Black division:
Cannon won 7-3
Harding won 5-3
Hone wbf
Magaldo won 5-2
Blaylock won 22-4