ADVERTISEMENT

Glory hallelujah

[QUOTE=" The point is, the attempt to paint this as something that the GOP is responsible for is incredibly laughable. [/QUOTE]

It is at this point I respectfully disengage. It's tin foil hat time. You're entitled to opinions, but not your own facts. Now you're just wishing up shit and passing it along as fact. Just celebrate and be happy == your party doesn't have to keep getting embarassed over it.

[QUOTE=" The point is, the attempt to paint this as something that the GOP is responsible for is incredibly laughable.

It is at this point I respectfully disengage. It's tin foil hat time. You're entitled to opinions, but not your own facts. Now you're just wishing up shit and passing it along as fact. Just celebrate and be happy == your party doesn't have to keep getting embarassed over it.[/QUOTE]

Oh , Ok if you say so. Which party's governor put the confederat eflag up at SC state house?

Which party's governor took it down?

Which party's governor and future President signed a bill affirming that the blue star atop the word Arkansas, on that state's flag, was to "commemorate the Confederate States of America"?

Which party's long serving Senator from WV, much revered as a Senate historian right up to his death, was a KKK member?

@syskatine, I think this is an important step towards racial healing.

10169245_10153788852422923_6555073859939505185_n.jpg

"Well, we took care of the flag. Let's go to the Redskins' game," said any SJW in DC, democrat or republican.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
It is at this point I respectfully disengage. It's tin foil hat time. You're entitled to opinions, but not your own facts. Now you're just wishing up shit and passing it along as fact. Just celebrate and be happy == your party doesn't have to keep getting embarassed over it.

Oh , Ok if you say so. Which party's governor put the confederat eflag up at SC state house?

Which party's governor took it down?

Which party's governor and future President signed a bill affirming that the blue star atop the word Arkansas, on that state's flag, was to "commemorate the Confederate States of America"?

Which party's long serving Senator from WV, much revered as a Senate historian right up to his death, was a KKK member?[/QUOTE]

That's rich. Yes, I'm sure the country will view it as a huge GOP victory. Except for every Republican that's red-assed over the confederate flags coming down. Big cultural defeat, if you ask me.

It's funny-- once it became a political liability all the republican whores about-faced with military precision. Scott Walker did. Are you proud of his 11th hour conversion? Not even a pretense of changing over time like Byrd - he did it mid campaign, after every republican strategist in the world said the smart move now is to just let it go. Those principles about state's rights? Out the window. What leadership! Integrity! Straight talk!

What a whore!

Hey, and which President re-segregated the civil service and all government offices? Why it was the original 20 th century progressive -- Democrat Woodrow Wilson.

The Democrat party is responsible for the resurgence of the flag long after the war. Prior to its resurgence it was only used occasionally for ceremonies honoring the Confederate fallen. The resurgence started with Strom Thurmond and became even more popular among Democratic candidates by the civil rights act of 1964. Especially among Democrats that fought so hard against the act and desegregation, aka the Dixiecrats.

Click here to view "credible" news source

In other news crayola is going to stop making red crayons so no one can draw the flag.

Reparations are coming.
Nobody expects financial reparations, though we did it for Native Americans.

Removal of white supremacist battle flag from all government will be a good start.

And automatic voter registration at age 18 for all Americans.

And removal from public grounds of all monuments to dead traitors who took up arms against America will help with the repair of our national psyche that was hijacked by George Wallace and his ilk in the 1960s..

Removal of white supremacist battle flag from all government will be a good start.

And removal from public grounds of all monuments to dead traitors who took up arms against America will help with the repair of our national psyche that was hijacked by Woodrow Wilson and his ilk in the 1910s..

And removal from public grounds of all monuments to dead traitors who took up arms against America will help with the repair of our national psyche that was hijacked by George Wallace and his ilk in the 1960s..
Is that it? When will enough be enough? I'd like to know so we can just get there and move on...or at least so I know what is expected.

Yo don't really believe this
Reparations to slave descendants
Death Panels
Obama going to confiscate our guns

Has $1 ever been paid???
Did Obama take your AKa-47s???
Death panels take your granny?

Where's one shred of evidence??

Fox Noise boogy men everywhere!!!

Lap it up

Maybe instead of automatic voter registration we can just decide elections on who can get the most FB likes and Twitter retweets. After all some people can't afford to get to the polling place and some aren't smart enough to find it.

Death Panels

Has $1 ever been paid???

Lap it up

You made the comment that nobody expects reparations. The fact is, there are a lot of Americans that believe that they are entitled to them and you know it.

You made the comment that nobody expects reparations. The fact is, there are a lot of Americans that believe that they are entitled to them and you know it.
Entitled and expect are completely different words with different meanings.

Do you have any explanation for the earnings gap between black people and white people? I think state sanctioned slavery plays a heavy role. Under what theory of justice can we allow that gap to persist?

Do you have any explanation for the earnings gap between black people and white people? I think state sanctioned slavery plays a heavy role. Under what theory of justice can we allow that gap to persist?

What percentage of the gap would you suggest be covered? Will you also include the percentage breakdowns of each persons' heritage in the mix? Will everybody have to pay into the reparations or just some of us?

What percentage of the gap would you suggest be covered? Will you also include the percentage breakdowns of each persons' heritage in the mix? Will everybody have to pay into the reparations or just some of us?
So you agree black people are entitled to reparations? We are just ironing out the details at this point?

Actually "expects" has mutliple meanings, one of which is synonomous with feelings of entitlement.

I disagree. Maybe many years ago. Today I think the biggest contributor is the decline of the black family. Racism plays a part too, but that has little to do with slavery. If slavery played a heavy role, we would see similar struggles today with Irish and Jews.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Death Panels

Has $1 ever been paid???

Lap it up
Jews, Irish, Catholics, and Italians will be right behind them. The discrimination they faced back in the day was obscene.

How about native Americans? And anyone who can prove through a DNA test that they are at least "part" native American (ie. every other citizen of Oklahoma)? Do we all get reparations too?

Will descendants of blacks that owned slaves also have to pay or will that be considered racist? Will descendants of Democrat slave owners have to pay a larger percentage since they tried to prevent slavery from being abolished and lengthened the time blacks were kept slaves?

I don't like the rainbow flag because it depicts hate and intolerance of heterosexual people by gay people. It offends me and I think all traces of it in our society should be removed. You guys can get behind that right?

Jews, Irish, Catholics, and Italians will be right behind them. The discrimination they faced back in the day was obscene.
I for one feel deeply for all the Jews, Irish, Catholics, and Italians that were victims of state sanctioned slavery.

I disagree. Maybe many years ago. Today I think the biggest contributor is the decline of the black family. Racism plays a part too, but that has little to do with slavery. If slavery played a heavy role, we would see similar struggles today with Irish and Jews.
I guess I would have to wonder why there is a decline in the black family?

How about native Americans? And anyone who can prove through a DNA test that they are at least "part" native American (ie. every other citizen of Oklahoma)? Do we all get reparations too?
This is a good question. I would consider it.

Will descendants of blacks that owned slaves also have to pay or will that be considered racist? Will descendants of Democrat slave owners have to pay a larger percentage since they tried to prevent slavery from being abolished and lengthened the time blacks were kept slaves?

Everyone as member of American society pays in.

I don't like the rainbow flag because it depicts hate and intolerance of heterosexual people by gay people. It offends me and I think all traces of it in our society should be removed. You guys can get behind that right?

Sorry, but this doesn't even make sense.

This is a good question. I would consider it.

Of course it's a good question.

Also, I really think while we are doing DNA testing, we should check and see what other genetic connections we may have to previously enslaved ethnicities. I've got a lot of Irish and India.... excuse me... native American in me, but then again... I have a lot of German too. So... maybe that's not a good idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT