ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament

The Gathering Place is a world class park... close to Brookside and the Philbrooke. Has to be one of the nicest/coolest parks in the US. Highly recommend.

The Gathering Place is a world class park... close to Brookside and the Philbrooke. Has to be one of the nicest/coolest parks in the US. Highly recommend.
Cheese fries at The Brook is a must order if you're in that area. A half order will feed 4 fairly easily.

Report is Milner out at 149, looks like that put V against Blockhus..
The Lehigh 133 is out also, everyone moves up a spot, doesn’t really change much for Daton. Could move Teske and Biscoglia into his quarter.

Cautiously optimistic. Expect the guys to wrestle well. Need a good showing with the tourney being in our backyard. Get the taste of last year out of our mouth.

I'm very worried about Daton's' semifinal match with Vito
I’m not worried. Vito has to make the semi’s for starters.

But if he does I’m glad Daton has a hard test in the semi’s if he’s going to challenge RBY again. He really hasn’t been tested all season and wrestled under any stress. It’ll be good for him to open up and let it fly against a very good guy and not be conservative. Daton really hasn’t even taken a solid shot on RBY in either of their matches. He absolutely has to create action if he wants to win.

Reactions: bwel9339 and DPJ

But if he does I’m glad Daton has a hard test in the semi’s if he’s going to challenge RBY again. He really hasn’t been tested all season and wrestled under any stress. It’ll be good for him to open up and let it fly against a very good guy and not be conservative. Daton really hasn’t even taken a solid shot on RBY in either of their matches. He absolutely has to create action if he wants to win.
I assume Daton has been watching lots a tape on RBY. Needs to figure out a way to solve his takedown defenses. He’s long, athletic and highly technical. Hoping we see round 3 on Sunday.

Needs to in semi as well.

The dumbass Hawkeyes are staying at the Marriot at 71st & Lewis. Stupid to stay that close to 61st & Peoria.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I'm not a big Brewery fan but I know that there are at least 3 Brewery's inside the downtown loop. My favorite place for beer is Fastler hall. A German restaurant 10 minutes from BOK down 3rd street. Great brats, duck fat fries, schnitzel with spaetzel and an extensive beer list. I love their Brats and Duck Fries

As I said, I'm not a beer expert but my brother and several friends and acquaintances who are swear by McNellie's, 1st and Elgin. I'm a big fan of the Cottage Pie and Cajun Meatloaf.

Personally, I prefer Kilkenny's Irish Pub on cheery street. This where I discovered my personal beer fav, Smithwick's Irish ale (pronounced smidicks). I prefer their cottage pie over McNellie's and they have an extended beer list plus a great atmosphere.
Daton won a close decision over Minnesota and Plott got handled easily by Lewis. Lewis is too strong and too quick. In general I don't see us being very strong. People say good things about our strength coach but I'm not certain how strong we are.

Last edited:
Daton won a close decision over Minnesota and Plott got handled easily by Lewis. Lewis is too strong and too quick. In general I don't see us being very strong. People good things about our strength coach but I'm not certain how strong we are.
Agree 100%
All of Missouri’s guys looked ripped, noticeably different from OSU’s guys.

I think with John’s resignation you find a new S&C coach. I’ve not been impressed with Calcagno. Need a total re-haul of the complete staff.
If you recall Calcagno was with football prior to Rob Glass being hired and taking that to a whole new level.Calcagno was then handed over to wrestling.

If you recall Calcagno was with football prior to Rob Glass being hired and taking that to a whole new level.Calcagno was then handed over to wrestling.
IMO, our SC is in the least of our worries category?

I don’t think we get out-horsed that often. But, I guess we aren’t out-horsing people very often either.

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45
Plott will always be a tier below guys like Lewis and starocci.
Plott hasn’t developed like some of the other highly recruited wrestlers in other programs. Pretty much a reoccurring theme now at OSU.

I do feel bad for Fix. He’s been all in on OSU since he was a young kid growing up in Sand Springs. Feel like the program has let him down.

Plott hasn’t developed like some of the other highly recruited wrestlers in other programs. Pretty much a reoccurring theme now at OSU.

I do feel bad for Fix. He’s been all in on OSU since he was a young kid growing up in Sand Springs. Feel like the program has let him down.
Plott lost by takedown in overtime to Brands. Dustin did not shoot many takedowns.

Reactions: bwel9339
I’ve thought Plott has looked outsized strength wise against most of his opponents this year. I know he’s dealt with shoulder injuries the past couple of years and wonder if that’s held him back.

Reactions: driad
Also, we have been riding hard on the coaches this weekend and rightfully so but let’s remember they aren’t the ones out there wrestling. Wrestling is still an individual sport and our guys have to take some personal responsibility and have some damn pride and attitude which I haven’t seen from anyone besides Surber all year.

Hell, we had a top 10, potential AA 125 lber just disappear on the face of the earth never to be seen. That shows you the pride and attitude of a lot of these guys.

Reactions: bwel9339 and driad
Also, we have been riding hard on the coaches this weekend and rightfully so but let’s remember they aren’t the ones out there wrestling. Wrestling is still an individual sport and our guys have to take some personal responsibility and have some damn pride and attitude which I haven’t seen from anyone besides Surber all year.
Agree. However, when the results are the same up and down the lineup I would argue the issue falls squarely on the coaching staff. Whether it’s training, culture, etc…. Something isn’t right. Easy to blame individual wrestlers for poor performance. This has been a complete team failure

Agree. However, when the results are the same up and down the lineup I would argue the issue falls squarely on the coaching staff. Whether it’s training, culture, etc…. Something isn’t right. Easy to blame individual wrestlers for poor performance. This has been a complete team failure
Is what we call a trend?

Hell, we had a top 10, potential AA 125 lber just disappear on the face of the earth never to be seen. That shows you the pride and attitude of a lot of these guys.
This is still really weird to me.
Disappeared, not at any matches, no statement, meanwhile the zoo is making Instagram posts like nothing happened.

Reactions: driad
Daton has regressed in this tournament. It’s hard to come back and wrestle hard after losing in the semi’s but he just looked flat. Maybe he’s just burnt out. He had multiple opportunities to escape from bottom against McGee but wasted time trying to get the reversal and Mcgee got riding time and won the match because of it. You have to wrestle smarter than that and go for the tie. Once again very poor excitation and coaching.

I’m not sure what Fix is going to do freestyle wise bc he can’t score on the top guys. Vito, RBY, Gillman, Gross, and I’m sure McGee. He’s got his work cut out for him.

Sadly, I feel like I’m starting to see glimpses of his future. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT