ADVERTISEMENT

Zelensky Rules Out Presidential Election Until War is Over

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
Glad we're spending hundreds of billions to beef up this shining example of democracy. Plus, we've got our infrastructure shored up here at home and the borders are secure, so all's good.

Last edited:
Glad we're spending hundreds of billions to beef up this shining example of democracy. Plus, we've got our infrastructure shored up here at home and the borders are secure, so all's good.

I wonder if all the people hailing him as a paragon of democracy are confused about this development. They didn’t say anything when he imprisoned his political rivals. They didn’t say anything when he shut down opposition media. They haven’t said anything when he forbade journalists to report from the front lines at the war. They have been quiet as he has allowed the nazi regimes like the Azov battalion to murder Russian speaking Ukrainians because they speak Russian. Surely there will come a point when they will realize American aid has nothing to do with defending democracy. Will this be that point?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I wonder if all the people hailing him as a paragon of democracy are confused about this development. They didn’t say anything when he imprisoned his political rivals. They didn’t say anything when he shut down opposition media. They haven’t said anything when he forbade journalists to report from the front lines at the war. They have been quiet as he has allowed the nazi regimes like the Azov battalion to murder Russian speaking Ukrainians because they speak Russian. Surely there will come a point when they will realize American aid has nothing to do with defending democracy. Will this be that point?
The Democrat voters? Never, unless their sacred party tells them differently.

When a country is in a war that means everything, what is or isn't allowable?

First off with approval ratings through the roof who is going to challenge him? Second, in the middle of a shooting war where every time you have to expose yourself to a public event or worse citizens to public events where they could all get wiped out isn't really a smart move. Lastly, he & his administration have been incredibly effective in this fight & also the PR game world wide. What makes you think anyone outside of Ukraine wants to see a change? If he doesn't hold elections after they have recovered their lands then we have a problem Houston.

I wouldn't want the lying scum media at the from either. Didn't you pay attention at the firets of the war when some moron photographer would take a picture of this or that group standing in front of a building that was instantly recognized by Ukrainians who subsequently bombed the places justifiably killing a ton of those scum invaders. The media simply can't be trusted & I wouldn't want them around either, considering how many bolshevik sympathizers there will be among their ranks. Wartime is a totally different deal than peacetime.

The whole Azov Nazi regime BS I've posted articles on before so not going to waste my time. Here is another article about though, https://lens.monash.edu/@politics-s...e-ukrainian-neo-nazis-canard-fooled-the-world Where you get the information that they would just walk around & shoot people who speak russian is also a load of crap, but I'm open-minded as to your source, so please provide.

The country is at war, period. This isn't a puff kleenex moment that every time they/Ukraine makes a move that most people in a peacetime situation would find appalling, isn't justified. This argument your carrying is the exact same as people who now, want anyone who might have owned a slave 200 years ago, to completely be erased from history. When given the context of their times what they did was normal, legal & accepted.

When he does something I think is outrageous will definitely speak out, but so far every single thing he has done makes sense & was/is done to save a country not try to win the benevolent rule follower of the year award. My only hope is that most of those invading scumbag bastards are fertilizing sunflowers this time next year instead of anything else. Arm the Ukrainians you can with everything & cut them loose, be a nice lesson for tyrants.

Finally, the world has blood on their hands here by supporting the treaty in 1995 that guaranteed Ukrainian Border sovereignty & further still allowing those mongoloids to have a permanent seat at the UN security council.

Slava Ukraini!

First off with approval ratings through the roof who is going to challenge him? Second, in the middle of a shooting war where every time you have to expose yourself to a public event or worse citizens to public events where they could all get wiped out isn't really a smart move. Lastly, he & his administration have been incredibly effective in this fight & also the PR game world wide. What makes you think anyone outside of Ukraine wants to see a change? If he doesn't hold elections after they have recovered their lands then we have a problem Houston.

I wouldn't want the lying scum media at the from either. Didn't you pay attention at the firets of the war when some moron photographer would take a picture of this or that group standing in front of a building that was instantly recognized by Ukrainians who subsequently bombed the places justifiably killing a ton of those scum invaders. The media simply can't be trusted & I wouldn't want them around either, considering how many bolshevik sympathizers there will be among their ranks. Wartime is a totally different deal than peacetime.

The whole Azov Nazi regime BS I've posted articles on before so not going to waste my time. Here is another article about though, https://lens.monash.edu/@politics-s...e-ukrainian-neo-nazis-canard-fooled-the-world Where you get the information that they would just walk around & shoot people who speak russian is also a load of crap, but I'm open-minded as to your source, so please provide.

The country is at war, period. This isn't a puff kleenex moment that every time they/Ukraine makes a move that most people in a peacetime situation would find appalling, isn't justified. This argument your carrying is the exact same as people who now, want anyone who might have owned a slave 200 years ago, to completely be erased from history. When given the context of their times what they did was normal, legal & accepted.

When he does something I think is outrageous will definitely speak out, but so far every single thing he has done makes sense & was/is done to save a country not try to win the benevolent rule follower of the year award. My only hope is that most of those invading scumbag bastards are fertilizing sunflowers this time next year instead of anything else. Arm the Ukrainians you can with everything & cut them loose, be a nice lesson for tyrants.

Finally, the world has blood on their hands here by supporting the treaty in 1995 that guaranteed Ukrainian Border sovereignty & further still allowing those mongoloids to have a permanent seat at the UN security council.

Slava Ukraini!
You can't suspend democracy in order to save democracy. That reminds me of George Bush saying he had to destroy capitalism in order to save capitalism. It's a contradiction that can't be justified or wished away.

Slava Ukraini!
Sorry for the like Windy. I realize I am damaging your reputation by agreeing with most of your takes on this topic.

You can't suspend democracy in order to save democracy. That reminds me of George Bush saying he had to destroy capitalism in order to save capitalism. It's a contradiction that can't be justified or wished away.

That would be plainly wrong. The UK did it during WWI and II.

How are you supposed to have a presidential election while the country is fighting an existential war.

How are you supposed to have a presidential election while the country is fighting an existential war.
If I undertsand your argument you are saying a country can't be a democracy while it's fighting a war to defend its democracy. Am I understanding you correctly?

America held elections during both wars.

Then again, that's back when we were exceptional.

Now we have young men in our universities that need a week off from school when their favorite candidate loses the Presidential race.

Now we have young men in our universities that need a week off from school when their favorite candidate loses the Presidential race.
Ivy league institutions?

Ivy league institutions?
Arkansas institutions.

Deliverance GIF

Lincoln was a pretty special dude. Though I wonder if some folks around here bitch about not letting the treasonous Confederates vote.

The US had Presidential elections during the Civil War and the War of 1812, not just WWI and WWII.

Reactions: AC2020
I intentionally left off “carry on”, cuz I was hoping he would come off his fantasyland faux moral high horse…but yeah…he’ll be along any minute. There’s something about you that forces him to answer in some form or fashion.

Pavlov’s DaOnG - pronounced dong

carry on
I seriously worry about his mental health - it's unhealthy how worked up he gets sometimes.

I can't imagine how you manage an election when you are actively under attack and have occupied territory to account for. During the blitz you had people just trying to survive - an election would have no credibility under those conditions.

Reactions: Syskatine
I seriously worry about his mental health - it's unhealthy how worked up he gets sometimes.
Ah, David, how sweet. You’re *seriously* worried about my mental health. I can understand your concern, it’s not every day you get ridiculed to the same extent as you ridicule. It must cause you great discomfort. Being teased as badly as you tease others is probably a new experience for you. But hang tough, my friend! Giving back a good dose of arrogance to someone who takes pride in his arrogance is my specialty. It’s my *passion*!

Ah, David, how sweet. You’re *seriously* worried about my mental health. I can understand your concern, it’s not every day you get ridiculed to the same extent as you ridicule. It must cause you great discomfort. Being teased as badly as you tease others is probably a new experience for you. But hang tough, my friend! Giving back a good dose of arrogance to someone who takes pride in his arrogance is my specialty. It’s my *passion*!
Yer David's kryptonite dan. Good work. 👍

I can't imagine how you manage an election when you are actively under attack and have occupied territory to account for. During the blitz you had people just trying to survive - an election would have no credibility under those conditions.
Such a lack of imagination! No wonder everything you write on this board has to be filtered through Google first. No wonder Google decided your talents (or lack thereof) were no longer worth paying for.

Try this. This explanation should be very long but I’ll try to edit it to the bare bones. Call a cease fire, give it three months while Ukraine campaigns and holds a vote. Have Zelensky release the political opponents he’s had put in prison and reopen the opposition media outlets he closed down and have a legitimate election. Have the election overseen by a neutral party, say Switzerland or some place like that to be sure the vote is fair and honest (Ukraine isn’t considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world for nothing). Once the election is over they can get back to killing each other if that’s what they want, if they didn’t learn anything during the lull.

Now, like I said the explanation for a cease fire is ten-twenty times longer than this simple post. I’m sure you’re full of fiery questions, so let ‘em rip and I’ll respond as best I can. At least until I have a full blown mental collapse that you’re so *seriously* worried about. Go ahead, Big Dave, fire away!

Such a lack of imagination! No wonder everything you write on this board has to be filtered through Google first. No wonder Google decided your talents (or lack thereof) were no longer worth paying for.

Try this. This explanation should be very long but I’ll try to edit it to the bare bones. Call a cease fire, give it three months while Ukraine campaigns and holds a vote. Have Zelensky release the political opponents he’s had put in prison and reopen the opposition media outlets he closed down and have a legitimate election. Have the election overseen by a neutral party, say Switzerland or some place like that to be sure the vote is fair and honest (Ukraine isn’t considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world for nothing). Once the election is over they can get back to killing each other if that’s what they want, if they didn’t learn anything during the lull.

Now, like I said the explanation for a cease fire is ten-twenty times longer than this simple post. I’m sure you’re full of fiery questions, so let ‘em rip and I’ll respond as best I can. At least until I have a full blown mental collapse that you’re so *seriously* worried about. Go ahead, Big Dave, fire away!

You think Russia would cease fire???

lol…wt actual f….

cmon man.

carry on

You think Russia would cease fire???

lol…wt actual f….

cmon man.

carry on
Russia has offered to negotiate multiple times, this would give them a fantastic opportunity. Why wouldn’t they be willing to take a chance that if it is a fair election Ukraine might vote in someone more peace-oriented than now? It would give both sides a chance to catch their breath and think about the insanity they are putting their people through. Both sides would have nothing to lose and many thousands of lives to save.

Russia has offered to negotiate multiple times, this would give them a fantastic opportunity. Why wouldn’t they be willing to take a chance that if it is a fair election Ukraine might vote in someone more peace-oriented than now? It would give both sides a chance to catch their breath and think about the insanity they are putting their people through. Both sides would have nothing to lose and many thousands of lives to save.
What about the Vagner propaganda Dan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT