ADVERTISEMENT

You’ve Gotta Hand It To Ann Coulter

Mostly good. I like hyperbole and she is very good at it. To be clear I would be in favor of sending Ukraine equipment/weapons, food and not money. I am not a fan of blank checks but Congress has got to figure that out. A total cutoff because of the corruption is not something I agree with.

Reactions: windriverrange
Mostly good. I like hyperbole and she is very good at it. To be clear I would be in favor of sending Ukraine equipment/weapons, food and not money. I am not a fan of blank checks but Congress has got to figure that out. A total cutoff because of the corruption is not something I agree with.
How about this: have a clandestine meeting with Zelensky and his top brass and tell them they have 30 days to reach a negotiated settlement with Russia, the weapons and money gravy train stops on the 31st day. We won't tell anybody and recommend you don't either. Just reach out to Russia to meet and work out a deal amenable to both of you.

Reactions: AC2020
How about this: have a clandestine meeting with Zelensky and his top brass and tell them they have 30 days to reach a negotiated settlement with Russia, the weapons and money gravy train stops on the 31st day. We won't tell anybody and recommend you don't either. Just reach out to Russia to meet and work out a deal amenable to both of you.
So Putin will agree to withdraw from Crimea and the recent annexation? EU membership?

Anything short rewards aggression.

Reactions: windriverrange
So Putin will agree to withdraw from Crimea and the recent annexation? EU membership?

Anything short rewards aggression.
The agression cannot be undone. By all accounts it's all over but the fighting, and there is little reason to continue with the fighting. America took a gamble on Ukraine and lost. We might as well admit it now and cut our losses. In the very beginning Zelensky and company were working out a negotiated settlement and the US/NATO put the kibosh on it. Now the settlement will probably not be as good as it was back then, but the undiluted slaughter will be put in abeyance. The NeoCons have proven for the umpteenth time they're a bunch of idiots.

While I agree with you on the blank checks, Im not sure it matters if we spend it for them, or we give them a check for them to buy stuff from us. The fact is, why are we choosing to support Ukraine, when those billions could be doing real good for Americans at home. If Americans think that supporting Ukraine is a good thing, then setup charities and let Americans and the rest of the world donate. When Notre Dame burned down, they raised 1.5B in a matter of weeks, without requiring the US government to write a check. Because people supported the cause. If protecting Ukraine (or Israel) is so critical, then sell it to the people to write those checks. 10 million people flew the blue and gold flag on their twitter and facebook profiles. Raise the money from them. But my tax dollars were supposed to be intended for running our government, and not funding every foreign boondoggle that our politicians can get fat off of.

Lol! How is your girlfriend doing? Is she holding up? Is her family safe?

They are doing well thanks for asking. Chatted the other night & she said that most people now don't even bother going to the bomb shelters anymore.

One thing I didn't realize had happened is Ukraine has changed their calendars to reflect Christmas being on December 25th instead of on the orthodox calendar when Christmas is recognized on the 7th of January each year.

She said a lot of people that originally left have come back & that most have a very positive outlook about the outcome of the war.

They are doing well thanks for asking. Chatted the other night & she said that most people now don't even bother going to the bomb shelters anymore.

One thing I didn't realize had happened is Ukraine has changed their calendars to reflect Christmas being on December 25th instead of on the orthodox calendar when Christmas is recognized on the 7th of January each year.

She said a lot of people that originally left have come back & that most have a very positive outlook about the outcome of the war.
That's fantastic news! Now let that stupid war end and let normal people get back to living their normal lives! That's my Christmas wish.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT