ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah it's been fun.

Poketologist

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
I think I've had enough fun. My thoughts:

1). Too many of my old message board friends have left. Haven't seen TOG or Mega. Looks like Medic is just the latest casualty

2). Reasonable discourse is now on life support and no one wants to be educated. They only want their tribe around to support their personal fücked up beliefs. It eases their insecurities. Particularly the Snowflakes and the Neanderthals.

3). Want to frustrate yourself? Try to change someone. Best you can do is be accepting

4). Some people are so left-brained that they cannot comprehend irony or sarcasm. I don't know if it's sociopathy, neurodivergence, "the spectrum", or just pigheadedness. Regardless, lighten up if you can

5). Some people are immune to the facts. Pity them. They mean well but are seriously, seriously misguided. Try to be understanding of their situation and try to bring them back into the light without mocking or bullying.

6). Don't be an internet tough guy with an anonymous handle hiding behind an iPhone. That's some bullshît-level cowardice.

7). Vote

8). Read

9). Take a break from this board, as I'm doing. Even take a break from the internet and go on some long hikes. See what a couple weeks off does for your psyche.

10). Go Pokes. The rest don't matter.

11). Flame away. I'll be somewhere else and I won't hear about it unless my buddies here text me about it.

Last edited:
If you come to a message board with the intent of being serious and changing someone' mind you will be frustrated. I'm only here because i enjoy the political banter and to see what the other side of the political spectrum is thinking or should I say how effective the leftists propaganda has been. :)

I have pondered has anyone ever budged an inch on this board due to prolonged political discussion. The only person I can think of is Medic moving from the left side of the isle a long time ago to the right.

1). Too many of my old message board friends have left. Looks like Medic is just the latest casualty

2). Reasonable discourse is on life support and no one wants to be educated. They only want their tribe around to support their personal fücked up beliefs. It eases their insecurities. Particularly the Snowflakes and the Neanderthal.

3). Want to frustrate yourself? Try to change someone. Best you can do is be accepting

4). Some people are so left-brained that they cannot comprehend irony or sarcasm. I don't know if it's sociopathy, neurodivergence, "the spectrum", or just pigheadedness. Regardless, lighten up if you can

5). Some people are immune to the facts. Pity them. They mean well but are seriously, seriously misguided. Try to be understanding of their situation and try to bring them back into the light without mocking or bullying.

6). Don't be an internet tough guy with an anonymous handle hiding behind an iPhone. That's some bullshît-level cowardice.

7). Vote

8). Read

9). Take a break from this board, as I'm doing. Even take a break from the internet and go on some long hikes. See what a couple weeks off does for your psyche.

11). Flame away. I'll be somewhere else and I won't hear about it unless my buddies here text me about it.
Frosty The Snowman Snow GIF by GIF Greeting Cards

Now he runs away. Back to his demonic masters at big harma. Making bank off the jabs that kill away their customer base.

But if you do that....

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
Not our fault the healthcare industry completely f’d up everything related to Covid and continues to fail.
I'm beginning to think we would have been better off to have done nothing to fight COVID. The vaccine is not a vaccine and really did nothing but harm people. The economy and people's lives were destroyed and the Virus did what viruses always do, it quit killing people. I had COVID two weeks ago. Had a little bit of fever, a little but of congestion and a little but of a headache. I felt bad for three days and started getting better on the fourth. Took 7 days to test negative for COVID. Still have a little but of a cough but it's almost gone. I had colds that were worse.

I'm beginning to think we would have been better off to have done nothing to fight COVID. The vaccine is not a vaccine and really did nothing but harm people. The economy and people's lives were destroyed and the Virus did what viruses always do, it quit killing people. I had COVID two weeks ago. Had a little bit of fever, a little but of congestion and a little but of a headache. I felt bad for three days and started getting better on the fourth. Took 7 days to test negative for COVID. Still have a little but of a cough but it's almost gone. I had colds that were worse.
So, follow the protocol the WHO had already determined to follow for pandemics but didn’t?

Makes sense to me.

1). Too many of my old message board friends have left. Haven't seen TOG or Mega. Looks like Medic is just the latest casualty

2). Reasonable discourse is now on life support and no one wants to be educated. They only want their tribe around to support their personal fücked up beliefs. It eases their insecurities. Particularly the Snowflakes and the Neanderthals.

7). Vote

8). Read

Sorry to see you leave. I appreciate you.

Is it just truly out of the realm of logical possibility the vaccine you claim doesn’t work, yet took - begrudgingly or otherwise - on the advice of your personal doctor…..

does? And that’s why you aren’t seriously ill?

Carry on

Reactions: my_2cents
Is it just truly out of the realm of logical possibility the vaccine you claim doesn’t work, yet took - begrudgingly or otherwise - on the advice of your personal doctor…..

does? And that’s why you aren’t seriously ill?

Carry on
If I knew what i do now back then I would not have taken it and who knows. My sister in law is the one who exposed me after she was exposed taking care of my 90 year old father in a law who had it. She refused to get vaccinated and recovered quicker than I did. He and his wife were both vaccinated and their recovery mirrored my own.

7). Vote

8). Read

These kinds of addios messages always crack me up.....like a political board anywhere on the planet that is free, can be considered some type of virtuous exchange of ideas for reflection & reconsideration of personal views.

This board reflects exactly what politics has become, a winner take all, screw the loser bloodsport. Some people inability to not defend their position is a testament to how far public schools have fallen in teaching one of the most important aspects there is in life...critical thinking.

I've had the pleasure of meeting/talking to a number of people on this board & that is where civil discourse happens, not here. Trying to sway someone to your ideology here is like trying to do on twitter, FB or any other such forum.

What stinks about this process is people most of the time simply won't defend their position. Years ago I had a disagreement with CuP. He said that after WWII allies executed Japanese soldiers that waterboarded allied prisoners, which was repeating something one of the brain dead CNN idiots said. I provided him with a picture of a Japanese officer in the backswing with his samurai about to cut off the head of a captured Australian flyer. Hell they didn't even execute that POS, so to execute someone for waterboarding was one of the dumbest things he ever threw out here. I provided evidence that it was a lie & what happened, well nothing.

There is a huge difference between respecting someone with a different opinion because they articulate their stance with facts & someone who just flies by, post something so bizzare & indefensible hard to believe they even believe it, then flies off.

I'm one of the few here that believe the world including US should arm Ukraine until every piece of land conquered since 2014 is recovered. Many disagree, but I'm not going too routinely ridicule them for their stance. For whatever reason their convictions are just different than mine I can appreciate this despite our differences.

This board is entertainment & I routinely have some laughs here. Never do I get pissed, frustrated or think "taking a break" is appropriate. Life provides a fork in the road, take yourself serious & be disappointed that most don't see the world as you do OR take the other fork realizing that some people will stick to their tribal guns no matter what (i think some of this is just the luster & love for being a contrarian by the way).

One of the great things about this site is some of the completely unknown & obscure websites that people post articles from. Fascinating how much is out there really & thanks to people like Ponca dan, Medic, Tulsaaggiesson & others who take the time to search out the obscure but interesting.

Have met face to face, Tulsaaggieson, CowboyJD & Wyomingosualum (we could be so lucky as to be married to a hottie like his wife by the way). Have spoken with Mega, SSS & Medic privately or by phone. Medic is one of the coolest people have ever met & completely 100% full of common sense.

I did learn a new word from your list doc, thanks; neurodivergence, nice. Have to add to my vocabulary. Sometimes friends & I will get into "new word" discussions, my ace in the hole has always been "Anthropomorphism," I will now add yours. If a person can't laugh at themselves or make light of their lighter moments they are indeed up for a very long unhappy & disappointing life. If Rodney Dangerfield didn't teach us that, God help you.

Everyone be cool & remember no matter what your opinion is, as long as your not driving an EV, I'll stop & help ya if you break down 😁

Last edited:
These kinds of addios messages always crack me up.....like a political board anywhere on the planet that is free, can be considered some type of virtuous exchange of ideas for reflection & reconsideration of personal views.

This board reflects exactly what politics has become, a winner take all, screw the loser bloodsport. Some people inability to not defend their position is a testament to how far public schools have fallen in teaching one of the most important aspects there is in life...critical thinking.

I've had the pleasure of meeting/talking to a number of people on this board & that is where civil discourse happens, not here. Trying to sway someone to your ideology here is like trying to do on twitter, FB or any other such forum.

What stinks about this process is people most of the time simply won't defend their position. Years ago I had a disagreement with CuP. He said that after WWII allies executed Japanese soldiers that waterboarded allied prisoners,whihc was repeating something one of the brain dead CNN idiots said. I provided him with a picture of a Japanese officer in the backswing with his samurai about to cut off the head of a captured Australian flyer. Hell they didn't even execute that POS, so to execute someone for waterboarding was one of the dumbest things her ever threw out here. I provided evidence that it was alie & what happened, wellnothing.

There is a huge difference between respecting someone with a different opinion because they articulate their stance with facts & someone who just flies by, post something so bizzare & indefensible hard to believe they even believe it, then flies off.

I'm one of the few here that believe the world including US should arm Ukraine until every piece of land conquered since 2014 is recovered. Many disagree, but I'm not going too routinely ridicule them for their stance. For whatever reason their convictions are just different than mine I can appreciate this despite our differences.

This board is entertainment & I routinely have some laughs here. Never do I get pissed, frustrated or think "taking a break" is appropriate. Life provides a fork in the road, take yourself serious & be disappointed that most don't see the world as you do OR take the other fork realizing that some people will stick to their tribal guns no matter what (i think some of this is just the luster & love for being a contrarian by the way).

One of the great things about this site is some of the completely unknown & obscure websites that people post articles from. Fascinating how much is out there really & thanks to people like Ponca dan, Medic, Tulsaaggiesson & others who take the time to search out the obscure but interesting.

Have met face to face, Tulsaaggieson, CowboyJD & Wyomingosualum (we could be so lucky as to be married to a hottie like his wife by the way). Have spoken with Mega, SSS & Medic privately or by phone. Medic is one of the coolest people have ever met & completely 100% full of common sense.

I did learn a new word from your list doc, thanks; neurodivergence, nice. Have to add to my vocabulary. Sometimes friends & I will get into "new word" discussions, my ace in the hole has always been "Anthropomorphism," I will now add yours. If a person can't laugh at themselves or make light of their lighter moments they are indeed up for a very long unhappy & disappointing life. If Rodney Dangerfield didn't teach us that, God help you.

Everyone be cool & remember no matter what your opinion is, as long as your not driving an EV, I'll stop & help ya if you break down 😁

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reactions: iasooner2000

What stinks about this process is people most of the time simply won't defend their position. Years ago I had a disagreement with CuP. He said that after WWII allies executed Japanese soldiers that waterboarded allied prisoners, which was repeating something one of the brain dead CNN idiots said. I provided him with a picture of a Japanese officer in the backswing with his samurai about to cut off the head of a captured Australian flyer. Hell they didn't even execute that POS, so to execute someone for waterboarding was one of the dumbest things he ever threw out here. I provided evidence that it was a lie & what happened, well nothing.

Brother. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT