ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming

Poel_Jeer

Redshirt
Nov 9, 2015
This one is not that difficult to predict.....but you never know, OSU could come out looking like OU on Friday.
I doubt it....

125: Klimara shouldn't have any trouble with Templeman. Klimara is the only one against OU that didn't perform the way the others did, but Brocks pinfall of Brewer could have sparked everyone else....Eddie has a way of making you think that the other guy has a chance, and I don't like it.
Klimara dec Templeman 9-4
133: Brock's showing at OU makes you think he will beat anyone, I agree, he could. He should do very well against whoever he goes with from WYO. Gunnar Woodburn and P.T. Garcia have both wrestled at 133 this year, so we could se either I think. I also think Brock will destroy either.......
Brock mdec either one 15-2
141: Heil will continue on his path to a NC. Bryce Meredith is undefeated with his best win against Abidin from Nebraska. Heil mdec Meredith 12-3
149: If Collica doesn't wrestle, I have full confidence in Blaylock going here. WYO's Jake Elliot has been in the spot for now. With Blaylock doing well, I see Collica sitting out until scuffle. Blaylock dec Elliot 8-3
157: Chance showed some grit against Wingbermuehle, but he still needs some work. He'll have his hands full with WYO's Archie Colgan. The more nearfalls he gets, the better. However he should win this match without having to. Marsteller dec Colgan 8-6
165: WYO doesn't have an answer here, I don't think anyone does.
Dieringer mdec Pope or Polson 15-4
174: Crutchmer is the only one that seemed to not turn it on against OU, looks like he didn't take his own advise. I think he had the chance to get a major, but he didn't push the pace....Stroh is no slouch, he dropped from 184 from last year. Crutchmer gets it done, but in the same fashion.
Crutchmer dec Stroh 8-4
184: Boyd should wrestle Jace Jensen. He should have no problems. He just needs to be sure not to get himself into bad situations. I saw an improvement against OU.
Boyd mdec Jensen 12-4
197: Schafer should go against Tribble here. Tribble has lost 4 in row and they weren't too awful close so we might see someone else. I think Schafer gets a good win here, he just needs to keep the pace.
Schafer dec Tribble 8-5
285: Marsden should have no problems with Tanner Harms. Harms is one of WYO's better wrestlers but Marsden gets it done.
Marsden dec Harms 5-2

So, that leaves us with 34-0.......The only lose I see potentially happening is Marsteller. If he gasses to early and can't get it together, than he could drop this one. Then it would be 31-3
Another win for the Pokes and then off to Reno.

This one is not that difficult to predict.....but you never know, OSU could come out looking like OU on Friday.
I doubt it....

125: Klimara shouldn't have any trouble with Templeman. Klimara is the only one against OU that didn't perform the way the others did, but Brocks pinfall of Brewer could have sparked everyone else....Eddie has a way of making you think that the other guy has a chance, and I don't like it.
Klimara dec Templeman 9-4
133: Brock's showing at OU makes you think he will beat anyone, I agree, he could. He should do very well against whoever he goes with from WYO. Gunnar Woodburn and P.T. Garcia have both wrestled at 133 this year, so we could se either I think. I also think Brock will destroy either.......
Brock mdec either one 15-2
141: Heil will continue on his path to a NC. Bryce Meredith is undefeated with his best win against Abidin from Nebraska. Heil mdec Meredith 12-3
149: If Collica doesn't wrestle, I have full confidence in Blaylock going here. WYO's Jake Elliot has been in the spot for now. With Blaylock doing well, I see Collica sitting out until scuffle. Blaylock dec Elliot 8-3
157: Chance showed some grit against Wingbermuehle, but he still needs some work. He'll have his hands full with WYO's Archie Colgan. The more nearfalls he gets, the better. However he should win this match without having to. Marsteller dec Colgan 8-6
165: WYO doesn't have an answer here, I don't think anyone does.
Dieringer mdec Pope or Polson 15-4
174: Crutchmer is the only one that seemed to not turn it on against OU, looks like he didn't take his own advise. I think he had the chance to get a major, but he didn't push the pace....Stroh is no slouch, he dropped from 184 from last year. Crutchmer gets it done, but in the same fashion.
Crutchmer dec Stroh 8-4
184: Boyd should wrestle Jace Jensen. He should have no problems. He just needs to be sure not to get himself into bad situations. I saw an improvement against OU.
Boyd mdec Jensen 12-4
197: Schafer should go against Tribble here. Tribble has lost 4 in row and they weren't too awful close so we might see someone else. I think Schafer gets a good win here, he just needs to keep the pace.
Schafer dec Tribble 8-5
285: Marsden should have no problems with Tanner Harms. Harms is one of WYO's better wrestlers but Marsden gets it done.
Marsden dec Harms 5-2

So, that leaves us with 34-0.......The only lose I see potentially happening is Marsteller. If he gasses to early and can't get it together, than he could drop this one. Then it would be 31-3
Another win for the Pokes and then off to Reno.
Kyle Crutchmer won't be going at 174 because of a injury (will be down for a couple of weeks) so we will see Chandler Rogers stepping in at Wyoming. I figured Chandler would be stepping in for Kyle a few times this season already. Sure nice having some depth at a few weights in our lineup. Don't expect Collica to be going for a little while, high ankle sprain are tricky. Another backup Blaylock getting a chance to show what he got on the mat (had a great match against ranked opponent at OU)

Last edited:
I heard that Collica is having trouble getting motivated to get back ready to wrestle I wonder if he is going to be back for the scuffle as it did not sound like he would be to me.

Mike will Crutchmer be wrestling at the scuffle? Really wanna see him against Realbuto
Lets see how he feels in a week (concussion) they have to go by protocol. As for Collica and motivation, have never seen that problem with Anthony. Injury is a injury, so will wait and see. Need him in March not January.

Last edited:
If it's a concussion he should take his time coming back you don't need to rush back from something like that

Mike will Crutchmer be wrestling at the scuffle? Really wanna see him against Realbuto

Agreed as IMO the top 3 title contenders at 174 are all at the scuffle. Hopefully Crutch is 100% and wrestling by then.

Good to see Blaylock and Chandler in there. I'm happy to see Rogers get his first dual action. Stroh #16 will be a good yardstick for him. He has been coached by Pendleton (now at ASU) and Foster. He has to be giving up some size to Ben who comes down from 184 his first 2 years.

Kyle Crutchmer won't be going at 174 because of a injury (will be down for a couple of weeks) so we will see Chandler Rogers stepping in at Wyoming. I figured Chandler would be stepping in for Kyle a few times this season already. Sure nice having some depth at a few weights in our lineup. Don't expect Collica to be going for a little while, high ankle sprain are tricky. Another backup Blaylock getting a chance to show what he got on the mat (had a great match against ranked opponent at OU)

Well.......i'll change my predictions.... Although C. Rogers is a great wrestler, this being his first dual start this year against a ranked guy....it'll be tough. Stroh is gonna be big and hard to handle and I think Stroh will edge out Chandler. This is a tough one to call because Chandler hasn't wrestled any ranked guys except Crutchmer, so it could go either way. It will either be a dec for Stroh or a pin for Chandler....
Stroh dec Rogers 8-7
So my updated final score will be around 28-6..

Wyoming seems to be down a little this year. If we don't win easily, we would have to wrestle very poorly. Chattanooga should be fun but we need Collica and Cructhmer back and healthy to win it.

Wyoming seems to be down a little this year. If we don't win easily, we would have to wrestle very poorly. Chattanooga should be fun but we need Collica and Cructhmer back and healthy to win it.
125 Eddie Klimara #5 v. Drew Templeton 6-1 (Templeton's only loss was to Tim Lambert of Nebraska 5-7 in sudden victory. Klimara wins by decision.
133 Kaid Brock #10 v. P.T. Garcia 4-3 (Garcia's 4 wins are by fall) Kaid Brock major dec.
141Dean Heil #1 v. Bryce Meredith#12 7-0 (Meredith's last two wins are over Anthony Abidin of Nebraska and John Meeks of Iowa State. Heil wins easy decision.
149 Jonce Blaylock v. Austin Breckenridge 10-3 (Breckenridge is a senior and has 5 falls. Dec. to Breckenridge based on experience.
157 Chance Marsteller v. Archie Colgan 5-1. Colgan is active and athletic and gave Collica trouble last year but the new and improved Marsteller wins by decision.
165 Alex Dierenger #1 v. Kyle Pope 10-6 or Chaz Polson 10-5. Dierenger wins by major decision.
174 Chandler Rogers v. Ben Stroh#16 5-2 record. He lostto #14 Micah Barnes ofNebraska and #12 Lelund Weatherspoon of Iowa State. Coming down from 184 last year. My heart tells me Rogers but I believe Stroh wins by decision.
184 Nolan Boyd #14 v. Jace Jensen 2-5. Boyd by a major decision.
197 Austin Schafer v. Brandon Tribble 5-5. Schafer wins by decision.
285 Austin Marsden #4 v.Tanner Harms 5-1. Harms' loss was to Colin Jensen of Nebraska. Marsden wins by decision but dominates the match.
Final Score prediction: OK State 27 Wyoming 6.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

Which makes me sad, I like Wyoming....and not because the head coach wrestled at Ostate....that's just a plus. Been up there a few times and love it there. They do have some good guys coming in an some redshirting this year. They are losing some good wrestlers tho, I hope they can bounce back.

Which makes me sad, I like Wyoming....and not because the head coach wrestled at Ostate....that's just a plus. Been up there a few times and love it there. They do have some good guys coming in an some redshirting this year. They are losing some good wrestlers tho, I hope they can bounce back.
Dual starts in 55 minutes or 7pm Mountain time or 8pm central time.

I was thinking the same, but even though he lost I think he is moving in the right direction. He must get better from bottom!
That's absolutely a glaring problem I agree I wish he would've pulled that trigger on the takedowns earlier he was in on Colgan multiple times Colgan I believe got in on him once

I don't know about this year but next year if Crutchmer really prepared could he be a force at 184? Unless C Rogers goes down

He's a legit talent. Just overwhelmed a top 20 wrestler. Hopefully he can get in there somewhere.

He's a legit talent. Just overwhelmed a top 20 wrestler. Hopefully he can get in there somewhere.
We looked good tonight overall. Eddie had more in the last period and scored two takedowns in the third. Heil had tw0 takedowns to none for Meredith. I thought the ref was quick on the stalling calls but otherwise called a good match. Jonce just did not have it tonight and was unable to get away on the bottom. Breckenridge is a good sound wrestler. I agree that Chance kept the match close and I believe he tied it in the 3rd period on a no call by the ref. He has to get better on bottom. Dierenger made it look too easy with his quick fall. Rogers had three takedowns in the first period and then pinned a ranked wrestler. Nolan Boyd had no problems and had 5 takedowns in the third period to coast to an 18-5 win. Austin Schafer turned 5 takedowns into a 12-4 major. I fell asleep during the heavy weight match.

Reactions: Frog Poke
Marsden wins by a TD.

Quick thoughts.....
125: Klimara is uber talented, but just seems to let guys hang around. That'll catch up to him at NCAAs. Not sure if he'll live up to his #5 ranking.
133: Brock looked like a world beater again tonight. Jury is still out until we see him hit something other than a pass by, but our prospects are still looking good here.
141: Heil looked solid against the best kid on their team. Deep weight, but Heil will have as good a shot as any at taking it all.
149: Blaylock got caught and held for a 6 point move and couldn't recover. We really need Collica here in peak form to compete in March.
157: I hate to say this, but I think CM has reached his peak. At best he'll be a R12 guy at NCAAs. Next year, different weight, different story.
165: He wasn't even on the mat long enough for me to comment.
174: Obviously Crutch is the guy, but C. Rodgers just made mincemeat out of a top 20 guy. Dominated him. We may have recruited Jordan just so we could have an inside track on Chandler. Hope we can get him in the lineup next year.
184: Nolan looked solid against a subpar opponent. Regardless, he wrestled hard for the whole 7 minutes, kept looking to score, and didn't put himself in danger. Improvement.
197: Schafer just doesn't have the pop to get him over the hump against better than average wrestlers. The Wyoming kid was game, but essentially just gave his legs up. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Schafer made it to NCAAs.
285: When Marsden opens up, he's as good as any of them. Problem is he rarely opens up. He probably could've beat Harms by 4-5 more points, but just didn't pull the trigger. I think he'll be top 5 as is, but really needs to step it up during the season if he's going to earn a spot on the other side of the bracket from Gwiz.

Good dual tonight and good win for OSU. This team is starting to take form and I like what I see.

Marsden wins by a TD.

Quick thoughts.....
125: Klimara is uber talented, but just seems to let guys hang around. That'll catch up to him at NCAAs. Not sure if he'll live up to his #5 ranking.
133: Brock looked like a world beater again tonight. Jury is still out until we see him hit something other than a pass by, but our prospects are still looking good here.
141: Heil looked solid against the best kid on their team. Deep weight, but Heil will have as good a shot as any at taking it all.
149: Blaylock got caught and held for a 6 point move and couldn't recover. We really need Collica here in peak form to compete in March.
157: I hate to say this, but I think CM has reached his peak. At best he'll be a R12 guy at NCAAs. Next year, different weight, different story.
165: He wasn't even on the mat long enough for me to comment.
174: Obviously Crutch is the guy, but C. Rodgers just made mincemeat out of a top 20 guy. Dominated him. We may have recruited Jordan just so we could have an inside track on Chandler. Hope we can get him in the lineup next year.
184: Nolan looked solid against a subpar opponent. Regardless, he wrestled hard for the whole 7 minutes, kept looking to score, and didn't put himself in danger. Improvement.
197: Schafer just doesn't have the pop to get him over the hump against better than average wrestlers. The Wyoming kid was game, but essentially just gave his legs up. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Schafer made it to NCAAs.
285: When Marsden opens up, he's as good as any of them. Problem is he rarely opens up. He probably could've beat Harms by 4-5 more points, but just didn't pull the trigger. I think he'll be top 5 as is, but really needs to step it up during the season if he's going to earn a spot on the other side of the bracket from Gwiz.

Good dual tonight and good win for OSU. This team is starting to take form and I like what I see.

If Joe Smith finishes well at the Southern Scuffle and Marsteller wrestles like he has for most of the year I believe John will take Joe out of redshirt. However, Archie Colgan is a very good wrestler so not a disgrace tonight by Marsteller and he came on strong in the third to almost get what I thought and John thought was a takedown to tie it up.

The guy Blaylock wrestled was not trying to take any shots like the Brock McKee conversation the Wyoming wrestler was just looking to counter everything Blaylock did and he was successful agree with every point on chance April C Rogers looked great can't wait to see more in the future

The team looked great tonite. Laramie is high elevation and only chance seemed to be impacted. Kaid continues to shock the country. He has wrestled a total of 2:42 in 2 matches. This is insane. Another smart match by Heil. He is the best on the team at hiding his feet and converting his shots. Something that Kyle and Boyd could improve on. Chandlers match was my favorite as he was never in danger on his way to the quick pin of a ranked big guy. I want to see more of him in duals. Chance was my least favorite match. Looked like a heavy weight match. It was painful to watch. He's got 2 weeks left to turn it around. Reno will give us some indication if joe can finish top 8. If he can't it's not worth pulling his shirt. Nice matches for Boyd and the Austins. On to Reno.

Klimara has all the tools, but he seems content to win by 2-3 points.
Brock = AA
Heil even said his bout was ugly, but Meredith was ready to go, good to see Heil grind it out.
Blaylock, like said above, couldn't recover.
CM, should have went to OT, i'll talk about the ref later
AD, he was pissed when he came out, that's why it only lasted 32 seconds
Rogers, great for entertainment, hell on the heart. Stroh looked like he had a snake locked in and about muscled him over, I almost had a heart attack, but Rogers got out of it and pinned him.....sheesh
Boyd, not surprised, had a nice ankle pick.
Schafer, good win, is it me, or does he seem soooo slow.
Marsden, same as Klimara

The ref seemed very strange, I can't pin point it, just didn't seem right. Quick on the stall calls for Heil, no takedown for CM. I read an article about top wrestlers stall just as much as bottom guys and I think that was evident at 157, Colgan took CM down and did nothing, didn't try to turn, just rode him. That match should have gone to OT

Last edited:
about the stalling, it was evident on some of the other matches, including OSU, so I'm not saying WYO was the only one stalling.

Does anyone know why the matches aren't up on flo?

I was busy Friday night and didn't get to see the dual and would like to see Kaid Brock's match.

Does anyone know why the matches aren't up on flo?

I was busy Friday night and didn't get to see the dual and would like to see Kaid Brock's match.
I've tweeted flo numerous times asking that same question with no answer they were definitely supposed to be archived within the hour of the stream being over

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT