ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder Woman 2 [December 2019]

giphy.gif

She's hot, but I have never been much for the comic book/super hero(heroin) movies. Hope everyone enjoys it though.

I wonder how many remember that the first attempt to launch the Wonder Woman series, featured Cathy Lee Crosby? They did a pilot, as a "made for TV movie" and it drew decent ratings, but the networks passed. The next year they tried again, but cast Linda Carter in the role.

But before that, there was an attempt in the 1960's from the producers of Batman to make a more "camp" version, starring Linda Harrison (after changing into Wonder Woman), who played Nova in the first Planet of the Apes and Ellie Wood Walker as Diana Prince - pre-change. They only made a 5 minute screen test and it was awful.

In 2011, they made a full hour production with Adrianne Palicki which never aired and obviously didn't get picked-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC_Exotic
Just got back from the theater.

Gadot and Pine nailed it. I'm no fan of any DC movies prior to this - shallow, dismal, weak, dark. This movie had genuine gravity at moments and some much appreciated humor. Good chemistry. Good plot. I was genuinely moved emotionally in a few scenes, a rarity in the superhero genre.

I have minimal desire to see the next DC adaptation w/ Baffleck Man, Aquaman, etc....but damn if I wouldn't put WW right up there with anything Marvel has rolled out to date.

Re: CP, gotta figure out a way to bring him back into the loop. Simply too much chemistry w/ Gadot, perfectly cast role alongside an amazingly talented and beautiful woman.

There is one mystery about the Wonder Woman movie which has me a bit stumped?

How did this
fcdef6dfe58f8f8a774868f91a8f0bae.jpg

Become this?
316A702E00000578-3457027-image-a-165_1456060224011.jpg

Only about a dozen years between movies and Lucy Davis is twice her size as when she did Shaun of the Dead. I did not even recognize her.

There is one mystery about the Wonder Woman movie which has me a bit stumped?

How did this
fcdef6dfe58f8f8a774868f91a8f0bae.jpg

Become this?
316A702E00000578-3457027-image-a-165_1456060224011.jpg

Only about a dozen years between movies and Lucy Davis is twice her size as when she did Shaun of the Dead. I did not even recognize her.

Whoa!

Fun fact: the guy who did the screenplay, Allan Heinberg, is a Booker T. Washington alumnus.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ranking DCEU movies now.....

1. WW
5. BvS (extended cut)
6. Man of Steel
7. SS

anyone else see it this weekend?

If you have a chance, go see your next movie at AMC Quail Springs Dolby Atmos theatre. Best movie experience i've ever had... that includes the Warren and/or Penn Square

Saw it. Good movie. Not great, IMO. Best of the new DC movies by far. Gadot is smoking hot.

Saw it. Good movie. Not great, IMO. Best of the new DC movies by far. Gadot is smoking hot.
Prolly got so high on Tomatoes bc other movies were so bad. That's fine. Prolly should be low 80s but it was fun.

I saw the new Alien flick at Penn Square and I have to say, I was really digging on those recliners.

Mummy is getting crushed by critics and audiences alike.

This is the third time that Universal has tried to resurrect their classic "creature" genre and failed miserably. (With that Van Helsing movie in 2004 likewise failing to catch any fire and the Wolfman of 2010 making back less than 1/2 of its budget.)

In all of these cases, I think they missed the point of why the old classic's that Universal made from the 1930's to the 1950's were popular with fans.

I'm enjoying the fan push back on the casting of Tom Cruise, along with Will Smith, I don't care if I ever see either one of them in a staring role again. If you ever get the chance to see Cruise in person, you would understand immediately why I find him so laughable as an "action" star. 5'5" (wearing lifts) and 135 lbs soaking wet is not my idea of a menacing force to be dealt with. (I refuse to watch the Jack Reacher movies on that principle alone.)

Reactions: Winston Havelock

RT disagrees. Isn't that how the discussion on these things has gone in the past?

The last several Marvel movies have been hit and miss.

The last GotG was funny but below average.

Dr. Strange was pretty good.

Civil War wasn't that good.

I liked Ant-man.

Ironman 3 sucked. (also 2)

All the Thor movies have been poor (the new one looks great, imo). All the Hulk movies sucked.

Winter Soldier was great.

Avengers 2 wasn't great.

The original GotG was one of the best ever in the genre.

Avengers was really good.

Reactions: gopokes2003
I would add that the latest Wolverine movie "Logan" was very good as well and I did not care for the other X-Men movies I have seen.

Does Deadpool count as an X-Man movie or should it be considered more of a stand-alone type affair?

Prolly got so high on Tomatoes bc other movies were so bad. That's fine. Prolly should be low 80s but it was fun.
It probably got so high because of the gender of the lead role. IMO, this movie isn't better than MOS. It's on par with the Batman vs Superman extended cut. MOS, Winter Soldier and Logan are my 3 favorite comic book movies. I'd put the second Dark Knight movie in there, only because of the joker.

It probably got so high because of the gender of the lead role. IMO, this movie isn't better than MOS. It's on par with the Batman vs Superman extended cut. MOS, Winter Soldier and Logan are my 3 favorite comic book movies. I'd put the second Dark Knight movie in there, only because of the joker.

JMO, but MOS is an incredibly terrible movie, along with B v S.

RT disagrees. Isn't that how the discussion on these things has gone in the past?

Yup. I can't argue with the fact that I appear to be in the minority. Most everyone seems to love love love WW.

All in all, I thought it was well done and an enjoyable movie. I just didn't think of it as a movie that I would love to see a 2nd time.

I can watch X-men: Days of Future Past, repeatedly. The fights with the future Sentinels/the Quicksilver scene make it worth watching, but the story is clever and well written. I can watch Civil War repeatedly. There are quite a few movies that will stop me down and catch my attention if I am flipping channels. Most of Tarantino's movies. Die hard, The Untouchables. The Usual Suspects. The LOTR trilogy. Many more.

I just don't see WW as one of those movies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT