ADVERTISEMENT

Wittlake portal

ionel

Starter
Jan 5, 2008
Been reported elsewhere as "no contact" as if he knows where he is going. Maybe OSUw?

Wittlake will probably be at 174 for Oregon St, likely his best weight. He was too small for 184 last year - certified between 184.1 - 197 last August. 184s should have been well over 200 at that point.

It would have been interesting to see how his career played out at 174. He wrestled 170 as a HS senior, but then got bigger during his true freshman year (when he wrestled 174). In 2020 he cut back down to 165 and Joe went up to 174. In 2021 Wittlake could have gone 174 and Plott could have redshirted. Then in 2022, Plott could have battled Montalvo for 184 (Montalvo ended up injured anyway).

This obviously would have created a hole at 165. But Sheets and Gfeller could have bumped as well. Or we could have gone after a transfer.

Wittlake will probably be at 174 for Oregon St, likely his best weight. He was too small for 184 last year - certified between 184.1 - 197 last August. 184s should have been well over 200 at that point.

It would have been interesting to see how his career played out at 174. He wrestled 170 as a HS senior, but then got bigger during his true freshman year (when he wrestled 174). In 2020 he cut back down to 165 and Joe went up to 174. In 2021 Wittlake could have gone 174 and Plott could have redshirted. Then in 2022, Plott could have battled Montalvo for 184 (Montalvo ended up injured anyway).

This obviously would have created a hole at 165. But Sheets and Gfeller could have bumped as well. Or we could have gone after a transfer.
Summer before travis went 184 he was 205-210 in late June. Problem is most of the bigger 184 guys were 220.

Summer before travis went 184 he was 205-210 in late June. Problem is most of the bigger 184 guys were 220.
I believe it. Some guys get big in the off season. Gfeller said he was 200 last summer and we know he certified at 149.

Here's a good cut in season for a 184. Gavin Hoffman started the season at 184 in 2020 for Ohio St because they had Kollin Moore. He got beat by Zahid Valencia 19-5 on 1/6/2020. He next weighed in at 211.2 on 1/19/2020. So up 27+ lbs in 13 days.

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
When they gain a lot of weight in the off season, it almost always means they got fat and out of shape which means they have to waste a large chunk of the season losing weight, I Would bet John Smith, Dan Gable etc did not get more than 10-15 pounds overweight at any time during their Collegiate Years, It should be Training year round, harder in some phases than others but always Training Good Diet Year Round, Good Night's sleep, lots of sacrifice, trying to reach one's potential is not easy for anybody.

How much did Joe cut the year he supposedly got up well over 200?

How much did Joe cut the year he supposedly got up well over 200?
There’s always exceptions guys get overly fat but most of the athletes never get more than about 20 over in the off-season the smaller guys 15

There not cutting that kind of weight and Travis never weight that maybe 195 at best
U can think what you want to think and I’ll do the same. Words straight out of his mouth to me personally what he weighed and he was done cutting all the way to 165.

Whittlake has told more than one person that he was 205 plus before

Do you ever believe a wrestler when he tells you what he weighs lol lol
Depends who asked him if it’s a coach he going to lie his ass off and say he is less than he really is and If it’s a girlfriend probably going to say more than he is.

The fish was THIS BIG I swear 😆
A true fish story...RBY trained with Sebastian Rivera in the summer of 2020. They had met about 4 months earlier in the Big 10 final at 133. After the workout RBY weighed 138 and Rivera weighed 158. So Seabass was up 25 lbs since their match. RBY took a picture of the scale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT