ADVERTISEMENT

@windriverrange

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I thought of you while reading this. Not the article so much as the comments, especially Comment #5. I wonder how much, if any, of the comment you agree with. (Sorry, I don’t know how to isolate Comment 5.)

Thanks for the post PD, assuming you mean the below comment?

The US is achieving its objectives in the Ukraine.

They have split the EU from Russia to prevent a true European bloc from forming.

They have cut off Germany from cheap Russian energy and forced their companies to relocate elsewhere (including America).

They have sold more LNG to Europe.

They are cutting off the EU from Russia's ally China to further fight against the rise of that nation.

They are slaughtering Slavs and expending Russian weapons that could oppose NATO.

They are learning about Russian weapons and finding out which ones of theirs don't work so well (hint: most of them).

They are setting up Europe to execute a slow attritional proxy war with Russia that may last for many years.

They are getting Europe to spend more on defense and buy more US military equipment.

Destabilizing Russia was a "stretch goal", nice if it happened, but America is getting what it wants.

Posted by: mtw | Feb 20 2024 16:25 utc | 5

So, I read through them & really don't see how anyone could plan these with foresight. After the fact they are easy to see & postulate (hindsight being 20/20 etc).

Most of the comments look like a series of media headlines from the last 2-years & honestly does this person really think there are people in our dumbass government that could have gameplanned for all this? Remember in the initial day of the invasion the administration was offering Zelensky a ride out & "experts" were warning Ukraine could fall in 5-7 days."

Now someone somehow thinks this was all planned for multiple US benefits while most in the dumbass government didn't give Ukraine much of a chance? How would they know the US would fund (& hopefully continue to fund) the Ukrainians? How did this person know that Europe would step up, etc etc?

Cleaving the EU from China was already happening anyway & it was because of the predatory lending of the CCP to countries that would participate in the Belt & Road initiative, nothing more & nothingless.

Anyway, as always thanks for posting sir.

Thanks for the post PD, assuming you mean the below comment?

The US is achieving its objectives in the Ukraine.

They have split the EU from Russia to prevent a true European bloc from forming.

They have cut off Germany from cheap Russian energy and forced their companies to relocate elsewhere (including America).

They have sold more LNG to Europe.

They are cutting off the EU from Russia's ally China to further fight against the rise of that nation.

They are slaughtering Slavs and expending Russian weapons that could oppose NATO.

They are learning about Russian weapons and finding out which ones of theirs don't work so well (hint: most of them).

They are setting up Europe to execute a slow attritional proxy war with Russia that may last for many years.

They are getting Europe to spend more on defense and buy more US military equipment.

Destabilizing Russia was a "stretch goal", nice if it happened, but America is getting what it wants.

Posted by: mtw | Feb 20 2024 16:25 utc | 5

So, I read through them & really don't see how anyone could plan these with foresight. After the fact they are easy to see & postulate (hindsight being 20/20 etc).

Most of the comments look like a series of media headlines from the last 2-years & honestly does this person really think there are people in our dumbass government that could have gameplanned for all this? Remember in the initial day of the invasion the administration was offering Zelensky a ride out & "experts" were warning Ukraine could fall in 5-7 days."

Now someone somehow thinks this was all planned for multiple US benefits while most in the dumbass government didn't give Ukraine much of a chance? How would they know the US would fund (& hopefully continue to fund) the Ukrainians? How did this person know that Europe would step up, etc etc?

Cleaving the EU from China was already happening anyway & it was because of the predatory lending of the CCP to countries that would participate in the Belt & Road initiative, nothing more & nothingless.

Anyway, as always thanks for posting sir.
Yeah, I don’t see how many of them were planned ahead of time, but I’m sure there are NeoCon think tanks that do lots of game planning. But they are good points even if they are unintended consequences. Still there’s an element of CYA/spin in what he wrote, and most of his points were things I had not thought of before. Always look for the bright side in a war!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT