ADVERTISEMENT

Which is worse, ISIS or the Arab world for condoning it?

anon_xl72qcu5isp39

Heisman Candidate
Sep 7, 2008
Where are the Arab countries in all this? Islam is a religion of peace, huh? What would it take, is there anything that would make Arab countries police ISIS? There's something about sawing people's heads off that's just not that bothersome to whoever makes the decisions.

Stone age.

I was thinking the same thing today. How many in the Arab world that we are sending money to are outwardly condemning ISIS and vowing to help get rid of them?

Images of little children with their heads gone. Wish we could nuke these sick evil fu@$!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

During the '08 campaign I predicted if elected Obama would kill binladen within six months. I was wrong--about the timing.

I will now predict after the beheading of the American journalist by a terrorist with a British accent that "isil" is fixing to effectively be wiped off the face of the earth like the human excrement they are--courtesy of the Red White and Blue. I don't know how long that will take--or what form it will take--but it will come down on their heads before not too many more moons.

This post was edited on 8/20 10:03 PM by CowboyUp

I hope you are right Cup.

Not to be political but I was worried that we pulled out too early and I think the strong statement that we wouldn't ever open another combat theater there again sent an emboldening message to ISIS.

This is the fuel of nightmares now.

The botched operation to rescue this man killed him. When we missed the target they figured we where going to try again, so they killed him to make a point. This is why you must have boots on the ground, and not rely on cameras in the sky.

I will be happily surprised if they are able to get this terrorist, but I wont be holding my breath. As far as priority targets go he is low on the totem poll. Most likely not a commander, and not worth the money to go after, but if you can get him in conjunction with another operation then that would be the best outcome.

The last six years have increased terrorist organization, and operational capability. The watch lists have grown, and now you have groups like ISIS establishing governmental organizations. I've said before that the death of one individual does not win or make the war on terrorism any better. This is why I don't like the current policy. The president declared victory, and it blew up in his face big time. Lets not repeat the same mistake of over emphasizing one individual and target the organization instead. You will get a much better result in the long term.

Silly me. Obama told us the Al-Qaeda was on the run and ISIS is just the JV. The only thing on the run is Obama's mouth of lies. He should shut up and not tell anyone what he is going to do or what he will not do.

Silly me. Obama told us the Al-Qaeda was on the run and ISIS is just
the JV. The only thing on the run is Obama's mouth of lies. He should
shut up and not tell anyone what he is going to do or what he will not
do.

The best thing we can do is get out of that craphole and leave them to themselves. There is never going to be a time you can "leave" and everything be OK. You can either occupy it forever, or leave it and let them fight amongst themselves until one side kills the other side. I vote for the latter.

Originally posted by CowboyUp:
During the '08 campaign I predicted if elected Obama would kill binladen within six months. I was wrong--about the timing.

I will now predict after the beheading of the American journalist by a terrorist with a British accent that "isil" is fixing to effectively be wiped off the face of the earth like the human excrement they are
Sort of like he decimated al qaeda to the point they were on the run? These people will never go away unless you're willing to go in there and do it. And we've shown time and time again that's not going to happen. You're going to have to make a parking lot out of that place to accomplish this, so get used to these types of images because they aren't going away any time soon.

Originally posted by NeekReevers:
The best thing we can do is get out of that craphole and leave them to themselves. There is never going to be a time you can "leave" and everything be OK. You can either occupy it forever, or leave it and let them fight amongst themselves until one side kills the other side. I vote for the latter.
This.

The only problem with this approach is that, if left alone, they'll start to attack US interests around the world and even domestically.

The answer is the Russian approach. You kill a Russian, Russia kills 10 of yours. If you attack a building, Russia attacks a city. Make the consequences of attacking US interests so punitive that they just don't do it any longer.

The other approach would be to simply ignore international borders and drop bombs on them and send in hit squads to tactically assassinate them as you find them.

But I think we are all in agreement that we need to be out of the nation building business.

we have been waiting 40 yrs for moderate muslims to control these 15th century monsters. not gonna happen.

wait until somebody is the big victor in the middle east and take destroy them. until then, make sure both sides are well armed, we want higher casualties on both sides. 'til then? just watch from the sidelines and plan for destroying the eventual victor.

if they weren't sitting on all that oil, nobody would give a damn.

sad but true.

It probably won't happen in my life time but somewhere down the line large numbers of middle eastern people are going to have to wiped out in order to prevent large numbers of western people from being wiped out.

I'm afraid the only thing that is going to stop these religous nuts is total war.

I've been saying for quite some time and I know a large group of you disagree with my approach but we need to completely revamp our foreign polilcy approach. I think what headhunter is laying out is pretty much a form of genocide. Part of the problem with continuing to war with these people is that we are not at war with a state, we are at war with an idea. We can't win that war. What we can do is pull back and strike with ferocity anytime an attempt to attack or an attack is carried out. I would like to see a plan consisting of the below.

1. Reevaluate our current disbersment of troops and troop levels. I would like to see a massive pull-out world wide with troops being heavily focused in strategic locations, only if the host country wants our presence, and bringing the rest back home. Many areas with American interests would want our presence IMO. No more policing the world.
2. Any attack on American interests would be responded to in a coordinated, precise, and lethal manner. The situation would dictate the type of forces used i.e., ground, air, sea. There would be no funding for rebuilding, humanitarian aid, etc., nothing, go in, decimate the offender, and move out.
3. I would like to decrease our ground troop levels then take that money and increase spending on military technology, getting the navy fleet back up to par, and the air force. Something like 85% of the worlds trade still occurs by sea, I disagree with cuts to our navy.
4. No more foreign aid
5. Let's be more selective with any economic sanctions we levy. I support not buying oil from a middle eastern state that funds and supports these radical ideas. However, I disagree with sanctions on places simply based on their form of government, it doesn't hurt the regime in power, it hurts the people and decreases the standard of living. Besides, do we believe in self government or is it just propoganda designed to gain support? It's a fine line that I admit may not be possible to walk.

Originally posted by Ostatedchi:

The only problem with this approach is that, if left alone, they'll start to attack US interests around the world and even domestically.

The answer is the Russian approach. You kill a Russian, Russia kills 10 of yours. If you attack a building, Russia attacks a city. Make the consequences of attacking US interests so punitive that they just don't do it any longer.

The other approach would be to simply ignore international borders and drop bombs on them and send in hit squads to tactically assassinate them as you find them.

But I think we are all in agreement that we need to be out of the nation building business.
If they are willing to cut off heads they will be more than willing to set off nuclear bombs. If they gained control of big time weapons, something reasembling WWIII might happen whether we want it to or not.

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:
Originally posted by Ostatedchi:

If they are willing to cut off heads they will be more than willing to set off nuclear bombs. If they gained control of big time weapons, something reasembling WWIII might happen whether we want it to or not.
If they were to get a nuke and use it there is no guarantee that Obama would respond. Sadly, he'd make a half-assed speech and then frolic and laugh with some retired athlete on the golf course.

Originally posted by rmdelta1:
we have been waiting 40 yrs for moderate muslims to control these 15th century monsters. not gonna happen.

wait until somebody is the big victor in the middle east and take destroy them. until then, make sure both sides are well armed, we want higher casualties on both sides. 'til then? just watch from the sidelines and plan for destroying the eventual victor.

if they weren't sitting on all that oil, nobody would give a damn.

sad but true.
It's very much the reason anyone in the "west" gives a damn. The more fighting over there the higher our gas prices go up.

One day, Islam is going to win the world and own every country. You can decide for yourself if this is a bad thing or not.

I find it somewhat humorous that their movement spells the name of an Egyptian goddess a pagan god. The irony is that Allah has been connected to a moon god, Isis was a moon goddess. Yet Islam will tell you there is no connection.

Originally posted by rmdelta1:
I'm sorry - did we miss the whole Shah, Nasser, Saud family, et al era of Middle Eastern history? Our support of "moderate" monarchs and dictators planted seeds for the popular support/power the fundamentalists are enjoying now.

Not that that is an excuse for anything happening now, but if you have to at least see it as contributory.

Agree with the spirit of the rest of your post - though would hope we would provide humanitarian support where we can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT