ADVERTISEMENT

When conservatives say that liberals are trying to change America...

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
... these are examples of what they mean:

* Emma Goldman, a Russian immigrant who came to America and became one of our history's most well-known anarchists. This is what conservatives love: people who come to America and try to CHANGE America. Among many of her plans: assassinate a key figure in U.S. Steel.

* Sacco and Vanzetti Two Italian immigrants who were kicked out of their own country for crimes, came to America, were admitted anarchists, and were convicted of murder, a murder that was related to their anarchist beliefs. These guys' exploits are taught in U.S. history classes.

* Laws or court rulings that say businesses MUST take part in affairs that go against their religious beliefs (i.e., one, the wedding cake business that politely asked a gay couple to find another place to make their wedding cake and then got sued; and, two, the Chick-fil-a being denied the right to have a restaurant in a public San Antonio airport because the owner of Chick-fil-a said being gay is a sin). Which brings up this point: Chick-fil-a doesn't refuse to serve gays.

* The continued decriminalization of drugs in America. This is not surprising to anyone who watches movies, TV shows, or listens to “modern” music. They all push an agenda saying that drugs are okay and there’s nothing wrong with using drugs. Heck, in a movie description about the film Easy Rider it says "A cross-country trip to sell drugs puts two hippie bikers on a collision course with small-town prejudices." Hey, call me crazy, but I'm totally fine with people wanting to keep drug dealers away from my neighborhood!

* Transgender laws in some states that are allowing boys (oops, I meant former boys who now see themselves as girls) to compete against girls (two trans finished first and second in the recent Connecticut high school state track meet).

* The police chief in Dallas said, “There are individuals in this city who have returned from prison who cannot find a job, who are not educated. In those instances those individuals are forced to commit violent acts." The message: to criminals, "you're not responsible." That's a POLICE CHIEF of a major U.S. city saying that.

Just like people are not responsible for dropping out of school, getting pregnant before being prepared to be a parent, not being able to get a job, getting into drugs, falling into debt. It's all someone else's fault.

Heck, people who are conservatives really are losing their freedom of speech. Speak out against the wrong group and offend someone (unless you're offending a Christian, a white, and/or a male) , you're not going to be thrown in jail, but you could certainly lose your job!

Of course, the list could go on and on. The bottom line is these are the people who are trying to change America from the values and beliefs that made us the greatest country in the world, and some people are opposed to it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT