ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm hearing a new transfer in room!

cbond, any chance White or Weigel bumps up to 285 to get them both in the lineup?
No way for either going to heavy (not in the cards this year). The season is long and having great backups could mean a NC team title this season, also knocking out PSU for the same reason!

I'll see his parents this weekend and ask. Think he would be a light HWT if he could do it at all. Maybe 220 lbs. He isn't very tall, just has packed on a ton of muscle and is thick. His mom is tall for a female but his dad is average height and thick too.

I'll see his parents this weekend and ask. Think he would be a light HWT if he could do it at all. Maybe 220 lbs. He isn't very tall, just has packed on a ton of muscle and is thick. His mom is tall for a female but his dad is average height and thick too.
Neither is tall enough or bulky enough for heavy weight this year or even in the future. They are 197 pounders. Do not discount Austin Schafer at heavy weight. He will be more than adequate.

Reactions: cbond
Derek got a full release from NU. He or Weigel could move up. Derek tested in at 212 and 7% body fat. He is ready to be a force.

Derek got a full release from NU. He or Weigel could move up. Derek tested in at 212 and 7% body fat. He is ready to be a force.
212 is not heavy for a 197 pounder. He or Weigel would be woefully small for a heavy weight. We have had 197 pounders weighing more than 212 in recent years including Schafer, Rosholt and others.

I could be wrong but why would White after not starting at Nebraska come to the Cowboys if he does not know he can beat Weigel. I am sure being an Oklahoma kid has something to do about it but if I was in his shoes I would pick a school where I was pretty sure to start. I'm glad he came and I hope that he can beat Weigel and is an upgrade at 97 but I don't know which is better or that they aren't equal. Competition is good for both guys but.

If those numbers are true, then Derek would have to move up to 285, because he would have failed to certify at 197.

White can cut to 197 and I expect him to beat Weigel out. He never lost to Studebaker in any match at Nebraska but since $$ talks and Studebakers dad is a donor he never got a chance. The results of the Midland tourney were supposed to determine the starter but didn't go as anticipates since Derek wrestled for championship and the other guy finished 4th. I expect AA for Derek. He expects a title. Hope he is correct.

If those numbers are true, then Derek would have to move up to 285, because he would have failed to certify at 197.
SHP, I understood from CDBond's post that he weighs 212#. There is no such weight to certify. He can weigh 225 and certify for 197 depending upon body fat etc. I do not know the formula and I am certain you do. He will be a 197 Pounder. I have no idea if he can beat Weigel. If he can great or if he can not great as Weigel will represent us well contrary to what our resident Pessimist believes. Weigel was close last year and I am certain he has improved. A lot more offense with White but Weigel is great defensively and on top. I want the best man at that weight to wrestle whether it is Weigel or White. I have always been impressed with White's offensive ability.

oberebo, CDBond's post stated that he weighed 212 with 7% body fat. That would mean his lowest allowable weight would be ~207.5 (calculated as your weight at 5% body fat). That's why I said he'd have failed to certify at 197 if those numbers are accurate.

White can cut to 197 and I expect him to beat Weigel out. He never lost to Studebaker in any match at Nebraska but since $$ talks and Studebakers dad is a donor he never got a chance. The results of the Midland tourney were supposed to determine the starter but didn't go as anticipates since Derek wrestled for championship and the other guy finished 4th. I expect AA for Derek. He expects a title. Hope he is correct.
Your info is incorrect. Studebaker held an edge in the practice room so he became the starter. White was given every opportunity to be the guy, even after his DUI. When Snyder talks about his recruits needing a "blue-collar ethic" it speaks volumes:http://www.flowrestling.org/video/993197-snyder-on-recruiting-and-nebraska-blue-collar-mentality

Reactions: purescurve
Your info is incorrect. Studebaker held an edge in the practice room so he became the starter. White was given every opportunity to be the guy, even after his DUI. When Snyder talks about his recruits needing a "blue-collar ethic" it speaks volumes:http://www.flowrestling.org/video/993197-snyder-on-recruiting-and-nebraska-blue-collar-mentality
I can see them starting stuedebaker if it's a decision based on program representation but if it was because he had the edge in practice I can't agree with that decision. As a wise man once said "we're talking about practice"

I can see them starting stuedebaker if it's a decision based on program representation but if it was because he had the edge in practice I can't agree with that decision. As a wise man once said "we're talking about practice"
I agree with you 100% on difference between practice and under the lights. You can also add that there is a big fire in Whites belly coming to OSU to prove some people wrong.

Now that 197 lber Eric Schultz has arrived White will even be happier that he left. Schultz is the recruit Snyder is beaming about being better than they had ever thought.

Now that 197 lber Eric Schultz has arrived White will even be happier that he left. Schultz is the recruit Snyder is beaming about being better than they had ever thought.
I heard Bo Nickel say McCrutcheon was better than Snyder when he came back from World, he was practicing with Snyder on the World team. (lol) That was as bad as CP ranking Gulibon #1 at 141 last season. I've seen White wrestle and he may not be as good as Snyder, but he is better then Jordan Burroughs in his prime!;)

Jammenz question, who was the last loss Eric Schultz had in high school and that was at State Finals------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Andrew Marsden and he ran from him the whole match. Our new 184 guy scared the hell out of that young man. Maybe he wears depend diapers now, makes him feel like a big boy!

Sounds like a win win for Nebraska and ok st.

Glad things are looking up for your program with studebaker and Schultz jammenz and you guys were able to rid yourselves of white.

I heard Bo Nickel say McCrutcheon was better than Snyder when he came back from World, he was practicing with Snyder on the World team. (lol) That was as bad as CP ranking Gulibon #1 at 141 last season. I've seen White wrestle and he may not be as good as Snyder, but he is better then Jordan Burroughs in his prime!;)

Wrong again Togs, Nickel said MM was as good as Gabe Dean.

Other then ending your sentences with prepositions? You did predict Bo Nickel would not AA cause he lost in his RS year to McCulley from Wyoming.
LOL, are you sure I posted he wouldn't AA? You are mistaking Gulibon with Nickels, or Mike T with Jammenz. Even NYWRESTLER94 with AZchief34. If I posted that remark it had to be on the PSU board, only reason was to get the posters all riled up. It sure doesn't take much to get their panties in a bind. Cael when he was a young man
super-baby-wedgie.jpg
Is this a PSU singlet or a used pair of super wedgie underwear?

Jammenz question, who was the last loss Eric Schultz had in high school and that was at State Finals------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Andrew Marsden and he ran from him the whole match. Our new 184 guy scared the hell out of that young man. Maybe he wears depend diapers now, makes him feel like a big boy!

Schultz became a monster last year! He was unreal and I think has the potential to be a 4x AA and a NC or two in there

Hooraybeer is correct. Nickal came back from working out with Dean (I think in prep for an overseas freestyle tournament) and said the McCutcheon was every bit as tough on his feet for him in practice. This was before Nickal's rsFR year.

Obviously, Nickal must have improved on his feet over the past year as it looks like he is heading to 184 to challenge for the spot.

But Mike is getting senile lately, so this is an understandable mistake...

Reactions: mike tognetti
Hooraybeer is correct. Nickal came back from working out with Dean (I think in prep for an overseas freestyle tournament) and said the McCutcheon was every bit as tough on his feet for him in practice. This was before Nickal's rsFR year.

Obviously, Nickal must have improved on his feet over the past year as it looks like he is heading to 184 to challenge for the spot.

But Mike is getting senile lately, so this is an understandable mistake...
Dice, what took you so long? The point being, why would you ever believe what your fellow team mate says about how good you are when we read all the time people saying what Bo said and be wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT