ADVERTISEMENT

What Does The Biden Administration Mean

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
When they say the current inflation is transitory/temporary? Do they mean once the “supply chain” issue is brought under control that prices will go back to their pre-inflation rate? (As a side note when has the government ever resolved a crisis, especially one with its fingerprints all over it?). My experience has been that very few prices go back down once they’ve gone up.

In my line of work we go through thousands of feet of PVC pipe per month. PVC, in case you didn’t know, is an oil-based product. When the price of oil goes up so does the per foot price of our pipe. But once the price of oil drops our price for pipe remains the same.

Since inflation has taken hold I have been informed by my three largest suppliers that my prices are being increased. One informed me there will be a 10% across the board price increase effective November 1. Another raised its prices by 5% in June and has now sent out a memo that it will go up another 8% in November. The third announced it will have a “floating surcharge” on all future orders that will be a minimum of 6%, but reserves the right to raise it unannounced as their costs dictate.

This is very concerning because our product is considered a luxury, not a necessity. We survived the pure hell that Jimmy Carter unleashed, and I always thought if we could survive Jimmy Carter we coukd survive anybody. Joe Biden seems to be telling me to hold his beer.

Last edited:
When they say the current inflation is transitory/temporary? Do they mean once the “supply chain” issue is brought under control that prices will go back to their pre-inflation rate? (As a side note when has the government ever resolved a crisis, especially one with its fingerprints all over it?). My experience has been that very few prices go back down once they’ve gone up.

In my line of work we go through thousands of feet of PVC pipe per month. PVC, in case you didn’t know, is an oil-based product. When the price of oil goes up so does the per foot price of our pipe. But once the price of oil drops our price for pipe remains the same.

Since inflation has taken hold I have been informed by my three largest suppliers that my prices are being increased. One informed me there will be a 10% across the board price increase effective November 1. Another raised its prices by 5% in June and has now sent out a memo that it will go up another 8% in November. The third announced it will have a “floating surcharge” on all future orders that will be a minimum of 6%, but reserves the right to raise it unannounced as their costs dictate.

This is very concerning because our product is considered a luxury, not a necessity. We survived the pure hell that Jimmy Carter unleashed, and I always thought if we could survive Jimmy Cartet we coukd survive anybody. Joe Biden seems to be telling me to hold his beer.

Ask his CCP Handlers. Joe has no clue whats going on.

I think many believe that once that levels out (supply chain) and a couple more things get towards normal, inflation will turn downward. Heard a lot of talk about that today on some of the networks.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I think many believe that once that levels out (supply chain) and a couple more things get towards normal, inflation will turn downward. Heard a lot of talk about that today on some of the networks.

Yea we heard the networks telling us Trump was a Russian plant for four years to. How did that work out?

Fact of the matter is 40% of the dollars out there have been printed in the last 12 months. Anyone with an infants knowledge of economics knows that creates inflation.

So, I guess the predicted 54% increase in heating costs this winter will just magically disappear.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT