ADVERTISEMENT

What CAN'T Libs ruin??

Non game of throne watchers are the new vegans or cross fitters

I’ve never seen one, but I do love the “you’ve never seen it?! Oh you have to watch it!” That never gets old. My kids watch a dragon cartoon so I hear something similar in the background sometimes.

Between the 4 or 5 of you I wonder how many episodes of M*A*S*H you've all watched?

When the movie M*A*S*H* came out, Pensacola NAS refused to allow its showing on base. When I saw it at the theater about 90% of the audience were military. We laughed our asses off. As a Corpsman, not corpse-man, so much of its scenes were quite similar to what I saw daily.

I'm still the only 1 of 8 billion that hasn't seen nary one episode.

Nor have I. You can add all the Hobbit Movies, Harry Potter stuff and Star Track movies to that list as well.

When the movie M*A*S*H* came out, Pensacola NAS refused to allow its showing on base. When I saw it at the theater about 90% of the audience were military. We laughed our asses off. As a Corpsman, not corpse-man, so much of its scenes were quite similar to what I saw daily.

My father was a Korean War vet with the 45th serving as a front line medic, but with some exposure to the M*A*S*H units. He always said of the nurses had looked that hot back then he would has gone active Army after the war and stayed in for 20+. He also use to carry the ampules of morphine, think he said he carried between 20 - 30 always. Never occurred to him that someone would use other than for pain after being wounded.

The movie M*A*S*H was hilarious and easily one of my top 5 comedies (Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Caddyshack and The Watermelon Man are the other 4) , none of which could not be made today.

Nor have I. You can add all the Hobbit Movies, Harry Potter stuff and Star Track movies to that list as well.

My father was a Korean War vet with the 45th serving as a front line medic, but with some exposure to the M*A*S*H units. He always said of the nurses had looked that hot back then he would has gone active Army after the war and stayed in for 20+. He also use to carry the ampules of morphine, think he said he carried between 20 - 30 always. Never occurred to him that someone would use other than for pain after being wounded.

The movie M*A*S*H was hilarious and easily one of my top 5 comedies (Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Caddyshack and The Watermelon Man are the other 4) , none of which could not be made today.
When I was being taught how to administer those morphine ampules, we had to inject ourselves first. The ones we used didn't have morphine but saline but each of us had to go to the front of the classroom, drop our pants and inject ourselves in the thigh in front of the instructor. It was hard enough letting someone stick a needle in me much less doing it to myself. After that, for the next 3.5 years, I stuck more needles into people than I could count.

imprimis, one time at Goose I had an injection with a gun. I thought, hey, not bad. It's been needles ever since. What became of the gun injections? I've heard about the dangers of a patient moving or jerking.

One time in my life, I received a stick in the ear for a blood count. I liked it. Ever since it's been the dreaded finger poke. What happened?

I took rabies shots in January after a leashed pit bull attack. I received more injections in January than I have received in the last quarter century.

Reactions: iasooner1
imprimis, one time at Goose I had an injection with a gun. I thought, hey, not bad. It's been needles ever since. What became of the gun injections? I've heard about the dangers of a patient moving or jerking.

One time in my life, I received a stick in the ear for a blood count. I liked it. Ever since it's been the dreaded finger poke. What happened?

I took rabies shots in January after a leashed pit bull attack. I received more injections in January than I have received in the last quarter century.
I used the guns and it's true that if someone jerked the gun could rip into an arm. When I used them, I would hold the person's arm and tell them not to jerk but wait a couple of seconds after pressing it to their arms before pulling the trigger. Never had any jerk when administering the shot but had them jerk when I touched them with the gun, hence, why I waited.

My guess is the guns went away as HIV became more prevalent. No way to sterilize them when doing mass inoculations since all they did was blow a hole in a person's arm to inject the medicine. There was always blood at the site.

I had rabies shots back when they were made in duck embryos rather than human diploid cells of today which are easier to endure. They hurt like Hell. Mine were taken to immunize me before I could work with rabies virus in the virus lab where I was employed. Nonetheless, a full round of them (12) were no fun. The annual booster shots were also no fun. We both will have some immunity for the rest of our lives.

My rabies shots were a breeze compared from what I've heard. The initial 6.9 mL of gobulin was the worst part. A few injections around the bite and the rest in the hip. About 30 seconds after the nurse said "done", my left shoulder and hip felt like anvils. The nurse had me lie on the cot for 20 minutes. It took a while after to walk out to the car.

Rabies shots 1,3 and 4 were breezes. 2 turned skin fire red for 48 hours with severe itching.

Doctors tell me abdominal injections are old school.

My rabies shots were a breeze compared from what I've heard. The initial 6.9 mL of gobulin was the worst part. A few injections around the bite and the rest in the hip. About 30 seconds after the nurse said "done", my left shoulder and hip felt like anvils. The nurse had me lie on the cot for 20 minutes. It took a while after to walk out to the car.

Rabies shots 1,3 and 4 were breezes. 2 turned skin fire red for 48 hours with severe itching.

Doctors tell me abdominal injections are old school.
Rabies shots of old were done around the navel for two reasons. First, they need subcutaneous tissue, not muscle, to inject into and there is lots of that around the navel. Second, because the old regime were 12 shots, they could use the navel as a clock to keep track because they left a red area at each injection site. I had to sit for 30 minutes after each injection to make sure I didn't have a reaction. Only shot ever I considered pushing the MD's hand away due to the pain--my body reacting to the foreign substance going in.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT