ADVERTISEMENT

Well, it's happening, the push to "defund" law enforcement has real consequences

Medic007

MegaPoke is insane
Sep 25, 2006
A good friend of mine who is an outstanding police officer abruptly resigned from his department yesterday. He was a 12 year officer who was an advocate for the citizens. He was innovative and took assignments other officers generally don't want like working at the women's resource centers (shelters). He was a model officer for his peers and had been promoting ahead of schedule because of his education, solid leadership skills, and drive to do the right thing.

He decided to leave law enforcement after recent local "defund" measures will eliminate 10 sorely needed officer positions and due to the apparent support for charging the Atlanta officer who shot Rayshard Brooks with first degree murder. He said no law enforcement agency can pay him enough to keep putting his life and the financial well being of his family on the line to serve and protect.

I doubt he'll be the only officer that leaves and the overall effect of the anti-police movement is going to drive the good ones away from a career in law enforcement making hiring good replacements difficult. The defund crowd might not need to do anything more than keep talking and watch the migration out of law enforcement occur to get their no cops wishes granted.

That is sad to hear but completely understandable. I just read that Minneapolis is spending $3,500 a day for private security for three members of their city council after the three pushed through the defund the police act. They are scared because there are too many “white nationalists” in Minneapolis who might hurt them.

I hope people like that can go into private security and republican majority neighborhoods can hire them to increase patrols, be first responders, etc.

The places that don’t want police shouldn’t have to have them.
He's not sure what he's going to do. His undergrad is in IT and he has a Master's in law enforcement administration. His wife is an ER doctor so he's in no hurry to find a replacement job. I told him to be a stay at home dad for a while and decompress from all of the stress of police work, bask in the sunlight of no longer being seen as the enemy of the people.

Just like losing an experience squad or platoon NCO, so much tribal knowledge that could be passed on and mentoring options that now are lost. They generally have only lasted as long as they have because they truly love their job.

What happens when you can’t attract qualified and properly trained candidates? Well you get people who should never be there in the first place but are a stop-gap measure.

Some of the absolute dumbest people in the history of western civilization are now running cities and as amazing as it seems there are even dumber people voting for them. My only advice to anyone living in one of those soon to be (or already is) shit holes....get out before your property values plummet, your already lousy schools get worse and your chances of being a crime victim go way up.

A good friend of mine who is an outstanding police officer abruptly resigned from his department yesterday. He was a 12 year officer who was an advocate for the citizens. He was innovative and took assignments other officers generally don't want like working at the women's resource centers (shelters). He was a model officer for his peers and had been promoting ahead of schedule because of his education, solid leadership skills, and drive to do the right thing.

He decided to leave law enforcement after recent local "defund" measures will eliminate 10 sorely needed officer positions and due to the apparent support for charging the Atlanta officer who shot Rayshard Brooks with first degree murder. He said no law enforcement agency can pay him enough to keep putting his life and the financial well being of his family on the line to serve and protect.

I doubt he'll be the only officer that leaves and the overall effect of the anti-police movement is going to drive the good ones away from a career in law enforcement making hiring good replacements difficult. The defund crowd might not need to do anything more than keep talking and watch the migration out of law enforcement occur to get their no cops wishes granted.
They're quitting in the hundreds. That's fine by me.
You want to be Venezuela, fine.
I'm comforted that I can take out a bunch of assholes before they get me.

Bring it, dickheads.
Locked and loaded.

Sad to hear. Same thing happened a few years ago when teachers were the profession to attack. What mobs never seem to understand is that they run off the good when they paint all due to the bad. Hope he lands on his feet when he is ready.

Where was he a cop?

Sad to hear. Same thing happened a few years ago when teachers were the profession to attack. What mobs never seem to understand is that they run off the good when they paint all due to the bad. Hope he lands on his feet when he is ready.
You're always aces, blb.

He's interested in healthcare IT because of his background and his wife's background. He's definitely going to be an asset wherever he lands.

Well, that same department has now had 5 officers resign. Sounds like 3 of them will be hired by a neighboring city. The city also eliminated the police recruiter position. I haven't seen any evidence that social workers are being trained as replacements yet.

Just do it.

It's cathartic.
When you have that black gun in your hands, one in the chamber, the reflex sight good for 50 yards, you'll think to yourself...
I'm an American. I'm FREE!
The AR doesn't have to be black.
ACtC-3eSypOBpbbEtvm1b-f5J-TZ3anJ_zsM_RKnOnYYG_xQ17nMu48lK71wqLL4WTC37EY8wTTxfDwlvSmcZgWLhpCJSmc_w21uYR_WyjcmkWZjATu6AtsXwzMBBHfCftXhYOy9J8Sn-9Y3gF_QUZZQt5P7=w1854-h568-no

He's not sure what he's going to do. His undergrad is in IT and he has a Master's in law enforcement administration. His wife is an ER doctor so he's in no hurry to find a replacement job. I told him to be a stay at home dad for a while and decompress from all of the stress of police work, bask in the sunlight of no longer being seen as the enemy of the people.

Someone who was doing what he was probably has a driving need to do something that makes a difference. He would likely teeter on the brink of insanity as a stay at home dad.

Someone who was doing what he was probably has a driving need to do something that makes a difference. He would likely teeter on the brink of insanity as a stay at home dad.
He's actually loving the stay at home dad role right now. I don't know how long that'll last. I suspect he'll end up in an IT job by next year.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT