ADVERTISEMENT

Weinberg on wrestling facility

The baseball facility cost ~$75M. Shouldn't wrestling have better stuff than baseball or at least at the same level. And OSU's new wrestling facility should be the best in the country.
We could have the best wrestling facility in the country and not have to spend $75 million. You are comparing apples to oranges

I agree with you there. Give them a nice space for mats, a nice locker room, and maybe a weight lifting area, a sauna, a couple of tubs for icing and a training room. They do not need study halls and a complete mini university in the building. They do not need long halls and open spaces with couches and chairs and places to lounge. It seems like it could easily be effective, appealing, functional, and under 15 million.
I'd like to think it's a facility that can take on expansion easily, on top of what you said....No reason to believe OSU doesn't have a women's team in the next 5 or so years...So planning to accommodate that would be smart...As well as an RTC area/locker room possibly....They stay out of the OSU stuff and have the space in the corner.

Reactions: colcord
I'd like to think it's a facility that can take on expansion easily, on top of what you said....No reason to believe OSU doesn't have a women's team in the next 5 or so years...So planning to accommodate that would be smart...As well as an RTC area/locker room possibly....They stay out of the OSU stuff and have the space in the corner.

A women’s wrestling club has been approved in October

Reactions: AtownPoke
The university or coaches cannot arrange the NIL as that is between the company and the student Athlete. We are on the same team, but the NIL seems pretty challenging to make work compliantly. I do not talk to the coaches at all about this.
Is this confirmed? I tried to do an NIL deal for one of the kids, we talked multiple times over a few days, I ask for bare minimum on his end literally, offer a few grand. He said he would get me the contact for the guy I’m supposed to run it through(implying someone on staff/faculty), and he never got back to me.🤣

I tried to put my money where my mouth is to support the program but I can’t force them to take my money lol I don’t have the $15M to name the new facility “Big Dog Center” but trying to do what I can rather than just complain.

Last edited:
Is this confirmed? I tried to do an NIL deal for one of the kids, we talked multiple times over a few days, I ask for bare minimum on his end literally, offer a few grand. He said he would get me the contact for the guy I’m supposed to run it through(implying someone on staff/faculty), and he never got back to me.🤣

I tried to put my money where my mouth is to support the program but I can’t force them to take my money lol I don’t have the $15M to name the new facility “Big Dog Center” but trying to do what I can rather than just complain.
You can donate to pokeswithapurpose and designate on who you want to receive the donation.

Last edited:

feel free to call me at 214-952-0913 and I can get you to the appropriate group. My thoughts are if I support the program with a mid sized contribution I would like other supporters to give my product a look if they want the program to succeed. If my employees cannot make the pitch that we are better for our fan that is my fault, but I expect a look. Same with Big Dogs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT