ADVERTISEMENT

We’re Not Suppose To Know This

I’ll get to it later. But I ask in advance please don’t include me in an Oct 7 truther group. That would be as bad as saying I join Donald Trump in his Obama-isn’t-an-American truther group.
I'm sure it's on your list, lol.

Well, then, you might want to read that link before you latch onto any more articles from The Grayzone and Electronic Intifada.

Did you read it?
Every word. What did you find objectionable? That he pointed to the hypocrisy of Europeans for glorifying their resistance fighters against an occupying force during WW2, while criticizing Palestinian resistance against the Israeli occupying force, as if they aren’t the same thing?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Every word. What did you find objectionable? That he pointed to the hypocrisy of Europeans for glorifying their resistance fighters against an occupying force during WW2, while criticizing Palestinian resistance against the Israeli occupying force, as if they aren’t the same thing?
Who said I found anything objectionable? Do you see Hamas as "resistance?"

Maybe it's cold hearted of me but so what. Israel didn't start the war the Palestinians did. Maybe next the Palestinians feel froggy they won't be so quick to jump into that pot of water, it has a tendency to get a little hot.
Answer a hypothetical question for me. What if Israel did start it. What if Israel had treated the Palestinians so egregiously they couldn’t take another minute of it (and you were 100% aware that Israel started it) so Hamas did what they did on Oct 7. Would you still tell Israel to let her rip, get to genocidin’.

• Haha
Who said I found anything objectionable? Do you see Hamas as "resistance?"
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you posted that to show me how bad the website is, and that was your proof. You didn’t find it objectionable? Do I find Hamas as resistance? Yeah, I suppose they are in a terrorist kind of way. I know they see themselves as resistance, not terrorists. But then I bet the occupying Germans saw Polish resistance as terrorists when they blew things up and killed Germans in WW2. That was kinda the guy’s point in the article. Let me ask you: do you see Israel as an occupying force in Gaza and the West Bank? Do inhabitants have the right or duty to resist against an unwanted occupying force?

• Haha
Answer a hypothetical question for me. What if Israel did start it. What if Israel had treated the Palestinians so egregiously they couldn’t take another minute of it (and you were 100% aware that Israel started it) so Hamas did what they did on Oct 7. Would you still tell Israel to let her rip, get to genocidin’.
What is "treated egregiously?" Are we talking Israel went into Gaza, murdered, kidnapped, raped, tortured, mutilated, etc the civilians?

Nothing justifies what the Palestinians did on October 7th.

Nothing justifies what the Palestinians did on October 7th.
Make up your mind. First you say Israel is justified to commit war crimes and genocide because Hamas started it. And now you say Israel is justified to commit war crimes and genocide even if Israel started it. So I think you should go ahead and abandon your “Hamas started it” schtick because you obviously don’t care who started it, you just want to see Israel kill as many Palestinians as possible, preferably all of them. Why don’t you be honest once and just say it?

• Haha
What is "treated egregiously?" Are we talking Israel went into Gaza, murdered, kidnapped, raped, tortured, mutilated, etc the civilians?
Yes, that’s what we’re talking about because Israel has been doing that on a regular basis for years.

• Haha
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you posted that to show me how bad the website is, and that was your proof. You didn’t find it objectionable? Do I find Hamas as resistance? Yeah, I suppose they are in a terrorist kind of way. I know they see themselves as resistance, not terrorists. But then I bet the occupying Germans saw Polish resistance as terrorists when they blew things up and killed Germans in WW2. That was kinda the guy’s point in the article. Let me ask you: do you see Israel as an occupying force in Gaza and the West Bank? Do inhabitants have the right or duty to resist against an unwanted occupying force?
Nope. I don't see Israel as an occupying force. I don't agree with everything Israel does though, especially in the West Bank. But there's no possible way that I will see an Islamic terrorist organization as anything but an Islamic terrorist organization. ISIS had some pretty compelling claims, too. Were they "resistance?" They claimed the land as their Caliphate, so surely everyone they killed was an occupying force and thus justfied, right?

I view Hamas as the occupying force. Have you done your research into who they are and what they do to the Palestinian people? Have you read about their "leadership?" They live as billionaires while the Palestinians have their plumbing turned into rocket launchers. They effing murdered anything remotely considered "political opponents." I'm of the opinion that the Palestinians will ultimately be much better off without them just like the world was better off without Hitler and Hirohito. I absolutely hate innocent lives on both sides being killed, but as you posted the other night, they can't keep doing things the way they always have.

Maybe you can view Hamas in a vacuum excluding their violent jihad, but I won't. Dude, they aren't just about "death to Israel."

Sorry, guys, I’ve been going at this all day and now into the night. I’m tuckered out. I’ll rejoin you tomorrow.

• Haha
Nope. I don't see Israel as an occupying force. I don't agree with everything Israel does though, especially in the West Bank. But there's no possible way that I will see an Islamic terrorist organization as anything but an Islamic terrorist organization. ISIS had some pretty compelling claims, too. Were they "resistance?" They claimed the land as their Caliphate, so surely everyone they killed was an occupying force and thus justfied, right?

I view Hamas as the occupying force. Have you done your research into who they are and what they do to the Palestinian people? Have you read about their "leadership?" They live as billionaires while the Palestinians have their plumbing turned into rocket launchers. They effing murdered anything remotely considered "political opponents." I'm of the opinion that the Palestinians will ultimately be much better off without them just like the world was better off without Hitler and Hirohito. I absolutely hate innocent lives on both sides being killed, but as you posted the other night, they can't keep doing things the way they always have.

Maybe you can view Hamas in a vacuum excluding their violent jihad, but I won't. Dude, they aren't just about "death to Israel."
Okay, you posted this while I was signing off, so a quick response, then I’m done till tomorrow. Your attitude is perfectly reasonable and falls directly in line with what Israel wants you to think. I regret that you refuse to consider there’s another point of view that is also reasonable if looked at objectively. As is almost always the case in conflicts neither side tells the truth, only their perspective, and the actual truth is mysteriously hidden somewhere in between. But it can’t be found if one does like Bearcat and stands staunchly with his side and absolutely refuses to even listen to any other explanation. And it’s easy for him to be that way on this board because it’s me against all the rest of you and you reinforce each other. And with that I’m out. Have a great evening!

• Haha
Make up your mind. First you say Israel is justified to commit war crimes and genocide because Hamas started it. And now you say Israel is justified to commit war crimes and genocide even if Israel started it. So I think you should go ahead and abandon your “Hamas started it” schtick because you obviously don’t care who started it, you just want to see Israel kill as many Palestinians as possible, preferably all of them. Why don’t you be honest once and just say it?
Don't put words in my mouth Dan.
Nothing justifies Hamas's October 7th attack, nothing. Israel is completely justified in going to war with the Palestinians after that attack. While you say Israel is committing war crimes because Palestinian civilians are killed in the war, those are not war crimes. The war crime is being committed by the Palestinians by using civilians as human shields, yet you say nothing about that.

Okay, you posted this while I was signing off, so a quick response, then I’m done till tomorrow. Your attitude is perfectly reasonable and falls directly in line with what Israel wants you to think. I regret that you refuse to consider there’s another point of view that is also reasonable if looked at objectively. As is almost always the case in conflicts neither side tells the truth, only their perspective, and the actual truth is mysteriously hidden somewhere in between. But it can’t be found if one does like Bearcat and stands staunchly with his side and absolutely refuses to even listen to any other explanation. And it’s easy for him to be that way on this board because it’s me against all the rest of you and you reinforce each other. And with that I’m out. Have a great evening!
Dan, it's funny you claim my attitude falls directly in line with what Israel wants me to think while posting what Hamas wants you to think, apparently no questions asked. I'm good with where I'm at. I don't want your perspective.

• Love
Dan, it's funny you claim my attitude falls directly in line with what Israel wants me to think while posting what Hamas wants you to think, apparently no questions asked. I'm good with where I'm at. I don't want your perspective.
I don’t want you to have my perspective, I want you to have your own after objectively exploring the “truth” from both sides. I don’t know how many times I need to condemn what Hanas did before you realize I don’t post what Hanas wants me to think, no questions asked. I don’t support Hamas, never have. I support bringing peace and prosperity to the downtrodden indigenous people of Palestine. What I see happening to them right now is full-on genocide and it makes me cringe. I am truly perplexed why it doesn’t you. The standard Bearcat reply, “But … Oct 7!”, seems to me to be weak sauce.

• Haha
I don’t want you to have my perspective, I want you to have your own after objectively exploring the “truth” from both sides. I don’t know how many times I need to condemn what Hanas did before you realize I don’t post what Hanas wants me to think, no questions asked. I don’t support Hamas, never have. I support bringing peace and prosperity to the downtrodden indigenous people of Palestine. What I see happening to them right now is full-on genocide and it makes me cringe. I am truly perplexed why it doesn’t you. The standard Bearcat reply, “But … Oct 7!”, seems to me to be weak sauce.
I'm sure you think October 7th is weak sauce, it's been obvious from the start you think the Israelis deserved it.

Nothing more says unhinged, than saying I'm done for the night til the morning. Only to be obsessing about bearcat at 230 am. Oldmen need sleep and you need a lot.

Nothing more says unhinged, than saying I'm done for the night til the morning. Only to be obsessing about bearcat at 230 am. Oldmen need sleep and you need a lot.
Old men need to get up to pee a couple of times in the night, and sometimes have trouble going right back to sleep. That’s a fate that awaits all you younger guys.

Old men need to get up to pee a couple of times in the night, and sometimes have trouble going right back to sleep. That’s a fate that awaits all you younger guys.
Haven't reached the couple of time a night yet but I do get up once and can't sleep past 6:00. Have an appointment with the Urologist to go over the MRI results on the first to make sure I don't have prostate cancer. Not much of a chance but better to be safe than sorry. Buddy of mine just had to have his removed due to prostate cancer, no way in hell do I want to live that life.

No. Tell me more.
Here’s a neutral article, from a reputable source. But most importantly, it’s well written. Enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: EZ Reyes
Haven't reached the couple of time a night yet but I do get up once and can't sleep past 6:00. Have an appointment with the Urologist to go over the MRI results on the first to make sure I don't have prostate cancer. Not much of a chance but better to be safe than sorry. Buddy of mine just had to have his removed due to prostate cancer, no way in hell do I want to live that life.
Curious. Does your case present any peculiarities? While it makes sense, I’ve never heard of using an MRI in a PC diagnosis. I like the idea because it’s obviously less invasive, but every PC veteran I know got their diagnosis through a biopsy after scoring an abnormally high PSA, and from the doc determining enlargement from a digital rectal exam.

Curious. Does your case present any peculiarities? While it makes sense, I’ve never heard of using an MRI in a PC diagnosis. I like the idea because it’s obviously less invasive, but every PC veteran I know got their diagnosis through a biopsy after scoring an abnormally high PSA, and from the doc determining enlargement from a digital rectal exam.
No peculiarities that I'm aware of. My PSA is not out of line for my age but changed enough in the last year that my GP was concerned enough to send me to a Urologist. Of course I had the digital rectal exam but at least she had small fingers. She said she didn't feel anything unusual but wanted to make sure with a MRI. Had the MRI with contrast last week and have an appointment on the first to get the results and determine next steps if needed. I'm fairly certain if the MRI shows anything unusual they will order a biopsy. Not sure what that entails but it doesn't sound pleasant.
One thing that pisses me off is the cost of an MRI. With Insurance the cost is $967 if I didn't use insurance and paid cash the cost would have been $499 but will not apply to your deductible. What kind of BS is that?

No peculiarities that I'm aware of. My PSA is not out of line for my age but changed enough in the last year that my GP was concerned enough to send me to a Urologist. Of course I had the digital rectal exam but at least she had small fingers. She said she didn't feel anything unusual but wanted to make sure with a MRI. Had the MRI with contrast last week and have an appointment on the first to get the results and determine next steps if needed. I'm fairly certain if the MRI shows anything unusual they will order a biopsy. Not sure what that entails but it doesn't sound pleasant.
One thing that pisses me off is the cost of an MRI. With Insurance the cost is $967 if I didn't use insurance and paid cash the cost would have been $499 but will not apply to your deductible. What kind of BS is that?
Have an old military buddy my age that had the “finger check” one time. He was a wild man in his younger years and still would be today if old age hadn’t caught up with him. Anyway the doctor had him drop his pants and bend over a table so he could inspect. When the critical moment arrived my buddy turned his head and said to the doctor: “I sure hope that’s your finger.” He said the doctor came unglued, laughed so hard they could hear him in the waiting room down the hall and around a corner beyond a closed door.

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyBob
Have an old military buddy my age that had the “finger check” one time. He was a wild man in his younger years and still would be today if old age hadn’t caught up with him. Anyway the doctor had him drop his pants and bend over a table so he could inspect. When the critical moment arrived my buddy turned his head and said to the doctor: “I sure hope that’s your finger.” He said the doctor came unglued, laughed so hard they could hear him in the waiting room down the hall and around a corner beyond a closed door.
I laughed. 👍

Dan, I don't think you "support" Hamas, you've just been duped into posting the finge left's narrative that comes directly from...wait for it...Hamas propaganda. I don't think you give a single bother looking at the sources from which you post links. But you love the Palestinian eternal victim narrative so you post whatever agrees with it. It's cool. I get it.

I've looked at both sides just as I've previously posted (where you told me I was just getting hoodwinked by Israel) and I will take whatever "evil" Israel brings to the table over the evil that is Islamic jihad. Islamic jihad is not compatible with western civilization. Hamas isn't the humanitarian "resistance" organization your narrative paints them as. They are as, if not more, brutal to the Palestinians than Israel is. I can't figure out how you either don't know or just choose to ignore that fact.

If we genocided Japan and Germany during WW2, then maybe the Palestinians will be thankful once the genocide of Hamas is complete. Japan and Germany are awesome countries with awesome people these days. I hate the loss of any innocent life, but it really isn't Israel who puts rocket launchers in Palestinian schools. If Hamas had actually governed and used resources for the people they were intended for instead of leadership self-enrichment and jihad, I doubt we'd be having this conversation today.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Dan, I don't think you "support" Hamas, you've just been duped into posting the finge left's narrative that comes directly from...wait for it...Hamas propaganda. I don't think you give a single bother looking at the sources from which you post links. But you love the Palestinian eternal victim narrative so you post whatever agrees with it. It's cool. I get it.

I've looked at both sides just as I've previously posted (where you told me I was just getting hoodwinked by Israel) and I will take whatever "evil" Israel brings to the table over the evil that is Islamic jihad. Islamic jihad is not compatible with western civilization. Hamas isn't the humanitarian "resistance" organization your narrative paints them as. They are as, if not more, brutal to the Palestinians than Israel is. I can't figure out how you either don't know or just choose to ignore that fact.

If we genocided Japan and Germany during WW2, then maybe the Palestinians will be thankful once the genocide of Hamas is complete. Japan and Germany are awesome countries with awesome people these days. I hate the loss of any innocent life, but it really isn't Israel who puts rocket launchers in Palestinian schools. If Hamas had actually governed and used resources for the people they were intended for instead of leadership self-enrichment and jihad, I doubt we'd be having this conversation today.
I can’t help but be amused by some of what you wrote. When the Ukrainian/Russian proxy war started because of US interference and @Syskatine and @my_2cents had not yet been driven from the board they continually accused me of being a far-right dupe having fallen for pro-Russian propaganda. Now I criticize Israel for the committing war crime of genocide and you come along accusing me of being duped by “fringe” leftist talking points that circuitously make their way from Hamas, therefore I’m a dupe for Hamas.

I don’t know that you’ve been duped by Israeli propaganda but you certainly fall in line with what they want you to believe. The fact that you will “take whatever evil” Israel commits over the “evil of Islamic jihad” is a perfect example. Israel’s “evil” of murdering, imprisoning, torturing, kidnapping Palestinians over the last 7 decades so far surpasses the same “evil” of the Islamic jihad of the Palestinians in the same time frame they belong in different stratospheres. That does not justify what Hamas did on Oct 7, but it is a fact whether you want to believe it or not. By the way, a small minority of Gazans are Christians. You may not know that.

It will be pretty hard for dead Palestinians killed by Israel’s genocide to be thankful they were genocided in the name of destroying Hamas. Your closing argument vis a vis “rocket launchers in schools” is straight from the Israeli propaganda playbook. I was astonished to see Bibi Netanyahu broadcasting on American tv from his bunker in Tel Aviv because he and every other Israeli were in so much danger from Hamas rockets following his counter attack beginning Oct 8. Hamas’ rockets are not much more than glorified fireworks that have spawned little damage in Israel, especially compared to the fire power at Bibi’s command. He should save his theatrics for when he goes after Lebanon. They have tens of thousands of rockets, maybe more than that, that can actually do the damage he wants us to believe Hamas can do.

Like my attitude about the Ukrainian/Russian proxy war my wish for this one is for the killing to stop. My God sometimes humanity is a disgusting species.

I can’t help but be amused by some of what you wrote. When the Ukrainian/Russian proxy war started because of US interference and @Syskatine and @my_2cents had not yet been driven from the board they continually accused me of being a far-right dupe having fallen for pro-Russian propaganda. Now I criticize Israel for the committing war crime of genocide and you come along accusing me of being duped by “fringe” leftist talking points that circuitously make their way from Hamas, therefore I’m a dupe for Hamas.

I don’t know that you’ve been duped by Israeli propaganda but you certainly fall in line with what they want you to believe. The fact that you will “take whatever evil” Israel commits over the “evil of Islamic jihad” is a perfect example. Israel’s “evil” of murdering, imprisoning, torturing, kidnapping Palestinians over the last 7 decades so far surpasses the same “evil” of the Islamic jihad of the Palestinians in the same time frame they belong in different stratospheres. That does not justify what Hamas did on Oct 7, but it is a fact whether you want to believe it or not. By the way, a small minority of Gazans are Christians. You may not know that.

It will be pretty hard for dead Palestinians killed by Israel’s genocide to be thankful they were genocided in the name of destroying Hamas. Your closing argument vis a vis “rocket launchers in schools” is straight from the Israeli propaganda playbook. I was astonished to see Bibi Netanyahu broadcasting on American tv from his bunker in Tel Aviv because he and every other Israeli were in so much danger from Hamas rockets following his counter attack beginning Oct 8. Hamas’ rockets are not much more than glorified fireworks that have spawned little damage in Israel, especially compared to the fire power at Bibi’s command. He should save his theatrics for when he goes after Lebanon. They have tens of thousands of rockets, maybe more than that, that can actually do the damage he wants us to believe Hamas can do.

Like my attitude about the Ukrainian/Russian proxy war my wish for this one is for the killing to stop. My God sometimes humanity is a disgusting species.
Yep, poor humanitarian Hamas with their glorified fireworks launched from places like mosques and schools just trying to defend Palestinians against the evil Israel but capable of no real harm themselves...

Thanks for making my point, again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT