ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh ironman

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
BA is the only team from OK there and so far everyone has lost except 285 Lieurance, he had a bye and is the four seed.

Logan Heil, who I assume is Deans brother, has 2 upset wins. He faces the 1 seed beau Bartlett next. Bartlett is a freshman, I don't know about Heil.

It's not BA's best year, but that tournament is also the toughest is the country. Logan is Heil's little brother. I remember reading about him in the Cleveland paper when we were recruiting Dean. For whatever reason, they said he wouldn't be following his brother to St. Ed's.

It's not BA's best year, but that tournament is also the toughest is the country. Logan is Heil's little brother. I remember reading about him in the Cleveland paper when we were recruiting Dean. For whatever reason, they said he wouldn't be following his brother to St. Ed's.
I always like when we land those Cleveland area kids. They have done very well for us when we get them. Maybe he'll end up on the radar if he places high enough this weekend.

I know the brother between them stayed home to wrestle as well.

This tournament has a boatload of upsets, too many to list. Heil lost to Bartlett by MD. Lieurance has 2 pins and is in semis.

The starters won't be at Reno.
That is big news to throw out on a thread about a high school tournament. Is this info coming from John? Earlier in the year we were hearing that we wanted to go to this tournament to face Penn State since they were not in the scuffle. I hope this is not true.

I just talked to Crutchmer yesterday and he said the starters were competing against Cornell Friday and that the starters would NOT be traveling to Reno but there will be backups going.

Could some of these guys going be redshirt wrestlers.

i would love to see Jacobe Smith, Eli Hale, Tristen Moran, Boo Lewallen, (if healthy), Geo Martinez, Andrew Marsden, and Keegan Moran wrestling.

boo lewallen will be there not sure about the others. this will be his first folk style match of his college career.
I am eager to see that. I am concerned that all the time off has affected him, but he was one of the guys I was really excited about coming out of HS. I felt like he was a bit underestimated.

yeah he will be behind for sure but i hope he can make strides an reach his full potential. he's a kid that has over come so much adversity in his wrestling career so for him to finally step on the mat is a victory in itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT