ADVERTISEMENT

Waco Regional Airport water hole crappie for supper.....

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Crappie is to kill for. My favorite pan fish. First son brought fish to me last week.

Son-in-law has asked son to lower his bass stock at his ranch pond. Bass is my third favorite behind perch. I may be eating good for the next few weeks. Son-in-law can keep his deer and African stags. I'll stick with Kansas City strips.

Sooner Lake on the way to Ponca was loaded with Sandies, some Crappie, and the occasional hybrid. Trolled with Rapallas until we spotted the Sandies popping, then coasted into them with Mepp's spinners. Always had at least 2 pokes with Mepps and 1 with a Rapalla.

Is it Cedar Point at Lake Carl Blackwell with a handful cabins? Used to be able to get into schools of Crappie shore fishing right as they went past the tip of the point.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
“Do the Gou”!!!!! Many anglers consider this a trash fish, but I’ve had it battered and deep fried. Pretty much tastes like catfish, although a T-bone would taste like catfish if you battered and fried it. 😂😂😂

Reactions: iasooner2000
Delivered some "stuff" to neighbors this morning. He cleaned 42 at Grand last week and freezer is full.
Had to take 4 packages of 4/each to help him. Damn, times are tough.:p

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT