ADVERTISEMENT

Very Early Rotation Talk

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
I know our coaches are still looking to add a sharpshooter before next season, but as time ticks by, I'm becoming dubious that they will be able to find a guy who fits. Assuming no additions, the 13th scholarship will remain open and satisfy the last of OSU's NCAA sanctions.

Looking toward the upcoming season, which players can we expect to play a lot, and which players might have to wait their turn?

My biggest question is: how good is Justin McBride? Good enough to force his way into the rotation?

PG: Obviously, Small is the starter. I assume that JMW and Hicklen will back him up.

SG: I suspect that Hicklen will start here, with JMW backing him up. BT will slide over here at times also.

SF: I think BT is the starter and gets the bulk of the minutes. Not sure anyone I have not already mentioned is likely to slide over from a frontcourt position to a SF role. Maybe one of the taller players has the skills to do so? This is probably where Quion plays most of his minutes, but is he good enough to be a regular part of the rotation?

PF: It seems like E.D. Jr is the most likely starter here. He won the gold with USA Basketball under 18, and just made USA Basketball's U19 roster. He played the last year at IMG Academy, so he is likely further along in his development than any of our other incoming freshmen, except for (possibly) Miranda. I see Miranda and Garrison both getting minutes here as well. Will McBride?

C: The starter could be Miranda or Garrison, IMO. Both will be in the rotation, with Marsh coming off the bench as well.

Of course, we all suspect that MB will play too many of these guys early, but we can cross our fingers that he cuts the rotation down within a reasonable period of time.

To sum up:
Clearly part of the rotation (IMO): Small, Hicklen, JMW, BT, Dailey, Miranda, Garrison, Marsh

Not sure about: Quion, Keller, McBride

Less likely to play regularly: Dow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News