ADVERTISEMENT

UWW juniors

In the future Sheets could be Joe Smith's chance to redshirt down the road. Sheets is wrestling a lot this spring and he seems to be improving. Iowa's 2 new verbal commitments look to be superstars down the road.. I am glad that Fix nosed out Teasdale.

In the future Sheets could be Joe Smith's chance to redshirt down the road. Sheets is wrestling a lot this spring and he seems to be improving. Iowa's 2 new verbal commitments look to be superstars down the road.. I am glad that Fix nosed out Teasdale.
Harley, I agree but the only takedown Teasdale was meaningless one at the end. Teasdale is very good and Fix had to work for all his points.

I don't think Smith was totally healthy coming into this tournament so any tweak would be exaggerated.

I don't think Smith was totally healthy coming into this tournament so any tweak would be exaggerated.
You may be right and it may be the same problem he had during the season. However, I could not see him favoring either leg or showing any outward sign of injury. He is tough. Two injured in one tournament would be bad. I hope Lewallen's injury is not serious.

Reactions: osu2082
I have to say that Sheets really surprised me. He seemed to be much more active and agressive on his feet. I think he will be a good one for us.

What Sheets did in a freestyle tournament is outstanding. Remember that his primary skill set prior to this freestyle season was his incredible riding ability. His riding skills remind me of his Father's and Chris Perry's.
Pretty amazing in that these High school kids were so strong in this tournament as opposed to kids that have been in college rooms for a year. To add to that think about how well underclassmen did at the NCAA's this year.

What Sheets did in a freestyle tournament is outstanding. Remember that his primary skill set prior to this freestyle season was his incredible riding ability. His riding skills remind me of his Father's and Chris Perry's.
Pretty amazing in that these High school kids were so strong in this tournament as opposed to kids that have been in college rooms for a year. To add to that think about how well underclassmen did at the NCAA's this year.
Overall, I was pleased with the Oklahoma efforts. Daton Fix is incredible. Hated to see Lewallen get injured again as he has real talent-hope it is not serious. Moran and Sheets looked very good. Joe's loss to Joseph was made to look better after Joseph pinned Valencia for 3rd place. I have mixed emotions about whether he was injured. On the one hand I hope he was not injured but on the other I do not like a wrestler defaulting out after a loss unless he was truly injured. I have heard from multiple sources that Andrew Marsden is going to make the pull to 184. Wrestling at 211 is not the way to start this pull.

Thought Fix-Teasdale was the match of the night. Fix is so hard to score on being able to funk without exposure...very dangerous freestyle guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT