ADVERTISEMENT

USPS: such an idiotic play

Of course the prolific liars on the left have mischaracterized the issue. Nobody opposes absentee voting. What we oppose is blindly mailing ballots to all registered voters with no way to account for those that don't make it to the intended recipient. What happens if someone doesn't get theirs? Do they request another? What happens to the missing ballot? What happens to ballots mailed to the wrong address? Ballots mailed to dead people? What will be done if partisan asshats (R and D) steal ballots and return them?

The left should try to approach something with honesty for a change.

Of course the prolific liars on the left have mischaracterized the issue. Nobody opposes absentee voting. What we oppose is blindly mailing ballots to all registered voters with no way to account for those that don't make it to the intended recipient. What happens if someone doesn't get theirs? Do they request another? What happens to the missing ballot? What happens to ballots mailed to the wrong address? Ballots mailed to dead people? What will be done if partisan asshats (R and D) steal ballots and return them?

If only we had a system that allowed for experimentation. Then we could see approaches to this problem, learn from those examples... guess we should just forget about any hopes for modernizing our experiences.

If only we had a system that allowed for experimentation. Then we could see approaches to this problem, learn from those examples... guess we should just forget about any hopes for modernizing our experiences.
Why should we forget about modernization? Because blindly mailing ballots to registered voters is a really stupid idea? I don't think "experimentation" during an actual election is a very good idea. There's plenty of opportunities for that outside of actual elections.

Okay. Nobody opposes absentee balloting. Let’s take that as a given.

We are talking about five states....FIVE STATES....going to mail in only elections in their entirety due to COVID. 5 states sending ballots out to everybody this election that didn’t have mail-in only systems previously (5 states there too).

Of those five states, only one...Nevada...had a less than 10% point delta between loser and winner of 2016 election. The other four are clear red or blue states this year.

I propose Trump and the “massive voter fraud” folks are also massively mischaracterizing the issue and deligitimizing the entire system for some ulterior reason that makes sense to them.

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_to_..._to_the_coronavirus_(COVID-19)_pandemic,_2020

Why should we forget about modernization? Because blindly mailing ballots to registered voters is a really stupid idea? I don't think "experimentation" during an actual election is a very good idea. There's plenty of opportunities for that outside of actual elections.
Clearly you need to educate yourself. How many states have been running vote by mail and for how many years? What is the incidence rate of fraud in those states? Which systems are most secure? The experiments have been running for decades.

Mischaracterized? By whom? Again we have a cumulative century of experience in vote by mail with billions of votes cast. Tell me more about fraud...

We are talking about five states....FIVE STATES....going to mail in only elections in their entirety due to COVID. 5 states sending ballots out to everybody this election that didn’t have mail-in only systems previously (5 states there too).
Yes, I'm aware.

Of those five states, only one...Nevada...had a less than 10% point delta between loser and winner of 2016 election. The other four are clear red or blue states this year.
Clear red or blue states this year? Are you saying that how voters voted in the past isn't subject to change? I think history would prove you wrong.

Yes, I'm aware.

Clear red or blue states this year? Are you saying that how voters voted in the past isn't subject to change? I think history would prove you wrong.
Be honest - mail in voting increases participation rates - terrifying to Trumpets.

Clearly you need to educate yourself. How many states have been running vote by mail and for how many years? What is the incidence rate of fraud in those states? Which systems are most secure? The experiments have been running for decades.
How easy/difficult do you think it is to catch and prosecute voter fraud in a mail majority system?

The vast majority of mail in voting requires a registered voter to request an absentee ballot then they vote and mail it in.

the crooks in your party want send a ballot to everyone on the roll, including dead people, double ballots for those that have moved, etc.

It is not the same thing...

Reactions: OUSOONER67
So, you are in favor of ids for voting?
First you can not conflate opposition to voter suppression as questioning anyone’s (other than your) intelligence.

Second, basic ID is fine at a polling place. Just don’t pull that bullshit that Kobach was trying to pull in Kansas.

The vast majority of mail in voting requires a registered voter to request an absentee ballot then they vote and mail it in.

the crooks in your party want send a ballot to everyone on the roll, including dead people, double ballots for those that have moved, etc.

It is not the same thing...
Incorrect.

Yes, I'm aware.

What history would prove me wrong?

Take a look at those five states. Look at their history. Get back to me and convince me any of them are gonna with color from 2016. Hell, make a cogent argument that they are a potential battleground state this year. Yeah....four of them aren’t in play for anyone but who they put in last election.

I think the particular history of those four states proves me right.

Additionally, once someone claims that “no one has a problem with absentee balloting”, they sure have to admit that this USPS and Trumps comments that they just won't be able to "vote by mail" because of this USPS play also de-legitimizes and makes much tougher, absentee voting as well...unless they are being intentionally obtuse or disingenuous.

I would think a centrist, not leftist, Democrat until the party abandoned them, WOULD have a problem with that.

Last edited:
Montana- 55% Trump last election (20 point differential over Hillary). Has gone red since LBJ.

California-62% Hillary last election (30 point differential over Trump). Has gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

NJ-55% Hilary last election (13 point differential over Trump). Has gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

Vermont-56.68 Hillary last election (26 point differential over Trump...even with Bernie taking 6% from Hillary there). Has consistently gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

So I am interested in how "history would prove me wrong" and indicate that any of those four states are in at all in play for the losing party in the last Presidential election.

Be honest - mail in voting increases participation rates - terrifying to Trumpets.

of course it does! The lazy and misinformed vote Democrat and both sides know that. The easier it is for people not engaged enough to put out the effort, the better it is for the party that preaches free stuff. And you are proud of that. It’s like bragging about the young vote. It’s pathetic.

Montana- 55% Trump last election (20 point differential over Hillary). Has gone red since LBJ.

California-62% Hillary last election (30 point differential over Trump). Has gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

NJ-55% Hilary last election (13 point differential over Trump). Has gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

Vermont-56.68 Hillary last election (26 point differential over Trump...even with Bernie taking 6% from Hillary there). Has consistently gone blue since the state elected Bush Sr.

So I am interested in how "history would prove me wrong" and indicate that any of those four states are in at all in play for the losing party in the last Presidential election.

Sounds like a way to increase the popular vote With these mass mailings and continue to attack the electoral college. Leftists play the long game, that’s obvious.

It’s interesting that your argument augments my refusal to vote. Why bother when you live in a state that has not voted for a Democrat since Harry Truman in 1948.

It is equally interesting that in 1948 Truman carried Oklahoma with 62.75% of the Oklahoma vote compared to Thomas Dewey’s meager 37.25%, which made Oklahoma the fourth “bluest” state in the election. But that was followed 4 years later with Dwight Eisenhower getting 54.59% of Oklahoma’s vote to 45.41% for Adlai Stevenson.

So I guess it goes to show that voters in states can change their minds about which party to support.

Sounds like a way to increase the popular vote With these mass mailings and continue to attack the electoral college. Leftists play the long game, that’s obvious.

BUT...…."Massive voter fraud".

Herp derp.

Last edited:
"Massive voter fraud".

Herp derp.

So you are putting the morals of the people who operate at the grass roots levels (the active fringe) from both parties as an example of what exactly? They will sit back vote and cross their fingers hoping for Biden to be wheeled across the finish line? When millions of ballots flood to wrong addresses, dead people, non citizens (like exactly what happened with trump bucks this summer) you think with the fever pitch and desperation of a highly motivated group of loyal soldiers that we can have a fair election? Only one group would be confident in that scenario and that’s the one with the advantage in that scenario.

It’s interesting that your argument augments my refusal to vote. Why bother when you live in a state that has not voted for a Democrat since Harry Truman in 1948.

It is equally interesting that in 1948 Truman carried Oklahoma with 62.75% of the Oklahoma vote compared to Thomas Dewey’s meager 37.25%, which made Oklahoma the fourth “bluest” state in the election. But that was followed 4 years later with Dwight Eisenhower getting 54.59% of Oklahoma’s vote to 45.41% for Adlai Stevenson.

So I guess it goes to show that voters in states can change their minds about which party to support.

Except your stated reasons for not voting have absolutely nothing to do with living in a state that has not voted for a Democrat since 1948 Truman (and Oklahoma went Democrat in 1964 for LBJ, btw).

So no, it doesn't really augment your arguments regarding refusal to vote.

Except your stated reasons for not voting have absolutely nothing to do with living in a state that has not voted for a Democrat since 1948 Truman (and Oklahoma went Democrat in 1964 for LBJ, btw).

So no, it doesn't really augment your arguments regarding refusal to vote.
That’s ridiculous. Of course it augments my decision not to vote. Just because it isn’t my primary reason doesn’t mean it isn’t another valid point. You’re just looking for something to argue about.

So you are putting the morals of the people who operate at the grass roots levels (the active fringe) from both parties as an example of what exactly? They will sit back vote and cross their fingers hoping for Biden to be wheeled across the finish line? When millions of ballots flood to wrong addresses, dead people, non citizens (like exactly what happened with trump bucks this summer) you think with the fever pitch and desperation of a highly motivated group of loyal soldiers that we can have a fair election? Only one group would be confident in that scenario and that’s the one with the advantage in that scenario.

More herp derp.

Trump...."massive voter fraud" if "mail in voting" is allowed they're gonna steal the election.

Trumpets...."yeah! Massive voter fraud if mail in voting is allowed" they're gonna steal the election. We have no problem with absentee ballots, but that "mail in ballots is massive fraud."

JD....actually we're only talking about five states going to mail in voting and only a single one of those states could even conceivably rationally be considered in play.

Harry...it's not about massive voter fraud it's about the long game regarding the electoral college.

HERP to the DERP.

That’s ridiculous. Of course it augments my decision not to vote. Just because it isn’t my primary reason doesn’t mean it isn’t another valid point. You’re just looking for something to argue about.

You jumped into an entirely different discussion with your nonsense. You're the one looking for something to argue about. PA AF as always.

Reactions: davidallen
More herp derp.

Trump...."massive voter fraud" if "mail in voting" is allowed they're gonna steal the election.

Trumpets...."yeah! Massive voter fraud if mail in voting is allowed" they're gonna steal the election. We have no problem with absentee ballots, but that "mail in ballots is massive fraud."

JD....actually we're only talking about five states going to mail in voting and only a single one of those states could even conceivably rationally be considered in play.

Harry...it's not about massive voter fraud it's about the long game regarding the electoral college.

HERP to the DERP.

You jumped into an entirely different discussion with your nonsense. You're the one looking for something to argue about. PA AF as always.
You know what, JD, you’re just not worth the shit storm you always try to create.

More herp derp.

HERP to the DERP.

can I tell you a tiny secret?

There are more people on the ballot than the president. And those people make very important decisions in what we call the LEGISLATURE. Sheriffs, judges, District attorneys as well.

Again, you want to leave that up the chronically flawed postal service and the amoral fringe of both parties?

Reactions: MegaPoke
We want felons to vote
We don’t want id’s mandatory
We want the post office to massively distribute ballots based on outdated voter rolls
Lower the age to 16

Now why oh why would one group of people want these things?

Did I miss your takedown of the idiotic USPS conspiracy theory currently being floated by the left? If so, I apologize for the oversight. If not... interesting.

Trump: "If we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money," Trump told host Maria Bartiromo. "That means they can't have universal mail-in voting; they just can't have it."

JD:

We aren't talking about universal mail-in voting.

"I propose Trump and the “massive voter fraud” folks are also massively mischaracterizing the issue and deligitimizing the entire system for some ulterior reason that makes sense to them.'"

Also JD:

Additionally, once someone claims that “no one has a problem with absentee balloting”, they sure have to admit that this USPS and Trumps comments that they just won't be able to "vote by mail" because of this USPS play also de-legitimizes and makes much tougher, absentee voting as well...unless they are being intentionally obtuse or disingenuous.

I don't know what idiotic USPS conspiracy theory you are talking about. I do know that Trump has appointed someone to run USPS that has invested in businesses that benefit directly from USPS services being downgraded. I know that actions have been taken that will increase mailing times with the USPS, and I know that Trump himself has directly tied changes to the USPS directly to the election on the threat of massive fraud by universal mail-in voting 5 states, 4 of which are no way in play or subject to change in outcome as a result of massive voter fraud....but which also directly affects "absentee balloting" on a much greater scale even though he supposedly has no problem with that.

What I do know is that his stated reason for changes to the USPS are disingenuous. I don't know what his actual play is. I am relatively certain that what he is putting out isn't the entire truth.

You know what, JD, you’re just not worth the shit storm you always try to create.

I didn't try to start anything with you.

I didn't try to create anything with you.

You @'ed me, and I simply wasn't having it.

PA AF....again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT