ADVERTISEMENT

US Open Wrestlers

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
*Updated*

This weekend is the Senior Open and UWW Juniors. Flo Arena has the registered wrestlers. So far, these are the registrants I saw with OSU ties:

Seniors
Frank Perrelli, 57 kg, (but I think he's with Virginia's RTC now?)
Obe Blanc, 57 kg
Josh Kindig, 61 kg
Gary Wayne Harding, 61 kg
JO, 65 kg
Alex Dieringer, 74 kg
Chris Perry, 74 kg
Chance Marsteller, 74 kg
Kyle Crutchmer, 86 kg

Juniors
Daton Fix, 55 kg
Kaden Gfeller, 63 kg
Christian Bahl, 79 kg
Andrew Marsden, 84 kg
Keegan Moore, 84 kg

Senior Greco
Austin Schafer, 98 kg

Should be some good wrestling.

Last edited:
This weekend is the Senior Open and UWW Juniors. Flo Arena has the registered wrestlers. So far, these are the registrants I saw with OSU ties:

Seniors
Frank Perrelli, 57 kg, (but I think he's with Virginia's RTC now?)
Josh Kindig, 61 kg
JO, 65 kg
Alex Dieringer, 74 kg
Chris Perry, 74 kg

Juniors
Daton Fix, 55 kg
Kaden Gfeller, 63 kg

Should be some good wrestling.
I believe that Crutchmer is going greco this weekend.

Reactions: Wrassler17
So for someone who is just now getting into senior level stuff, does the US Open effect world team?

Blanc at 57. I believe there are 12 NCAA Championships between 5 wrestler at 74k. Brewer and Maple with Kindig at 61k. Ex Cascia Hall Bizzle and Skidgel also in the competition. Flying out on Wednesday.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Some others...will also update the original post...

Seniors
Gary Wayne Harding, 61 kg
Chance Marsteller, 74 kg (missed before, now at Lock Haven)
Kyle Crutchmer, 86 kg (freestyle)

Juniors
Christian Bahl, 79 kg
Andrew Marsden, 84 kg
Keegan Moore, 84 kg

So for someone who is just now getting into senior level stuff, does the US Open effect world team?

For the weights without a returning Olympic medalist, the winner of the (men's freestyle) Open gets the bye into the best two of three finals at the trials. Wrassler17 nailed it that the top seven qualify for the trials as well. Greco and women's freestyle are holding their world team trials this weekend in Vegas after their senior nationals were in December.

Crutchmer is registered in freestyle, not Greco.

The seniors have not looked good. I think Perry got nosed out last second by Lavalley and Dieringer looked terrible against the lighter Valencia brother ( Anthony) and won in the last seconds. He looked gassed. Also Dieringer struggled with Marstellar. The juniors Fix and Gfeller won by tech falls so far but not much competition yet. Bahl got tech falled in the match I saw. Both Moore and Marsden won by tech fall but not much competition yet. I saw Oliver beat Russell and so he has advanced. I also saw Nato beat Megaludas in a very competitive match.

Sounds like there was some controversy in the Perry LeValley match.

I did not see it. Not sure what has been real unexpected so far other than maybe AD looking a bit off but he is still in the semis.

Oliver has looked fantastic.

The Perry match was kind of dumb. The shot count might have been 15-2 in favor of Perry. LaValley played defense until about 3 seconds left.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT