141 Longo(UO) dec. Synon 2-1
149 Mayes dec. Jeffries(UO) 3-1 SV1
157 Barnes(UO) wins by Forfeit
165 Mejias(UO) dec. Deloach 8-4
174 Reed(UO) LBF Wisman 2:58
184 Dixon(UO) dec. Lemanowicz 6-0
197 Cox dec. Johnson(UO) 3-1
285 Larson(UO) WBF Meyers 5:59

They pulled Mejias shirt today and mentioned Glass was dropping down to 157. It was a good win for the Big12.

UO won against a very disinterested Missouri team

Daniel Lewis did not make weight

125 Moody(UO) dec. McGhee 7-4
133 Rubio(UO) LBF Erneste 2:31
141 Longo(UO) dec. Synon 2-1
149 Mayes dec. Jeffries(UO) 3-1 SV1
157 Barnes(UO) wins by Forfeit
165 Mejias(UO) dec. Deloach 8-4
174 Reed(UO) LBF Wisman 2:58
184 Dixon(UO) dec. Lemanowicz 6-0
197 Cox dec. Johnson(UO) 3-1
285 Larson(UO) WBF Meyers 5:59

They pulled Mejias shirt today and mentioned Glass was dropping down to 157. It was a good win for the Big12.

Missouri was also missing starters (for unknown reasons) at 141 and 157. I'm not sure what's going on with the Tigers, but it was a pretty terrible showing....

They really like Yonase at 65 who actually beat Glass in the wrestle off. Ideally it would be great if Barnes could make 49 and push Davion to 41. Just don't think that Barnes can make that cut or if he even certified for it.

They really like Yonase at 65 who actually beat Glass in the wrestle off. Ideally it would be great if Barnes could make 49 and push Davion to 41. Just don't think that Barnes can make that cut or if he even certified for it.
Hmmmm...having a hard time removing a fifth year senior, who's ranked in the top ten, who's battled well against most of the top kids at this weight, for a kid that beats him in the wrestling room. Not sure Mejias has accomplished as much as Glass has outside of the practice room. Not sure it makes sense to replace a fifth year senior who has a legitimate shot at being an All-American for a kid that is coming out of JuCo.

Hmmmm...having a hard time removing a fifth year senior, who's ranked in the top ten, who's battled well against most of the top kids at this weight, for a kid that beats him in the wrestling room. Not sure Mejias has accomplished as much as Glass has outside of the practice room. Not sure it makes sense to replace a fifth year senior who has a legitimate shot at being an All-American for a kid that is coming out of JuCo.
Really am wondering why he decided to pull his shirt

Glass is dropping to 57. i personally have always thought that Glass should be a 57lber. I think Yonase at 65 and Glass at 57 with the potential of Barnes and Davion dropping makes the team stronger. Just don't know if that's possible with Barnes.

Last edited:
Glass is dropping to 57. i personally have always thought that Glass should be a 57lber. I think Yonase at 65 and Glass at 57 with the potential of Barnes and Davion dropping makes the team stronger. Just don't know if that's possible with Barnes.
Thats the big "if". If Barnes can't pull, you're bumping him out of the lineup for Mejias. And, you're moving Glass down to competition he hasn't faced. You have no idea how he'll do. I don't mind the move, I hope it works out for OU for sure. But regardless, keeping Davion at 149 seems silly. He's been manhandled in several matches this year. I think he excels at 141, especially with his length and funkiness. The question then is could he beat out Longo? Lots to think about.

Yea... I agree with you! Would like to see Glass at 57 this weekend. I see them hitting ASU and possibly VT. Would be a good test. I think Barnes is the key and haven't heard he has started a decent as of now so who knows.

We're both wrong! OU Sports has Glass at 157 for the VA Duals this weekend, but has both Barnes and Mejias listed at 165. The plot thickens!

Shoot... I was really wanting Davion down at 41. Looks like that won't happen. Oh well....looking forward to seeing how Glass does! Should be fun! Thanks for the info.

It still doesn't make any sense why they would burn Mejias's shirt with Glass being a senior
Didn't Mejias use his redshirt (or lose a year) last year? He graduated HS in '13. He won NJCAA national championships in the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons.

It is my understanding that this did burn the red shirt and he has 1 year remaining. Not totally confident on that though.

Mejias was a 2x JuCo champ at 157 in 2014 and 2015, Barnes an All-American and then JuCo champ at 157 in 2015 and 2016. I wonder if they wrestled each other at 157 in 2015. I'll do some research.

Mejias was a 2x JuCo champ at 157 in 2014 and 2015, Barnes an All-American and then JuCo champ at 157 in 2015 and 2016. I wonder if they wrestled each other at 157 in 2015. I'll do some research.
Track doesn't show Barnes in the tournament in 2015.

I got my info from each bio off the OU's official page (SoonerSports).

Mejias:
AS A SOPHOMORE AT NORTHERN IOWA AREA CC (2014-15):
Posted a 34-4 record on the season … NJCAA 157-pound national champion … Took first at the Coe College Open and Simpson College Invitational … Placed third at the Kaye Young Open at 157 pounds.

Barnes:
AS A FRESHMAN (2014-15):
Posted a 24-7 record, including a 10-4 mark in dual competition … NJCAA Academic All-American … Took first place at OCU Open.

My bad for calling Barnes an All-American as a freshman. He was an Academic All-American.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Either way his eligibility clock started at NIACC in 13-14 so he is a 4th year junior. Unless he qualified for an Olympic redshirt last season. Being from Miami I guess he could have dual citizenship to Puerto Rico or other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT