ADVERTISEMENT

U20's World Championships

It’s just a weird thing to say.

Flo isn’t ESPN. They’re just big, giant wrestling nerds and stans.

I’m not sure there isn’t a program they don’t like. Certainly coaches, or coaches wives. But to say they don’t like “ok state wrestling at all” - is silly. And the evidence is pretty easy to see.

Reactions: lookleft goright
It’s just a weird thing to say.

Flo isn’t ESPN. They’re just big, giant wrestling nerds and stans.

I’m not sure there isn’t a program they don’t like. Certainly coaches, or coaches wives. But to say they don’t like “ok state wrestling at all” - is silly. And the evidence is pretty easy to see.
Since you are taking things so seriously, you are right, so we can remove the "at all" on what you quoted me on.

But when I look at predictions or rankings that they do, I am not sure I have ever seen where they lean OK State's way when it comes to them/everyone being on the fence.

Example, Merrill commits to OK State and then Dillan Johnson jumps him in the HWT rankings. Another example, out of all of the U20 team, they pick Lockett as the only one to DNP. He just teched last year's U20 World Champ a few months ago.

I know rankings and predictions are just for entertainment. Always comes down to what the wrestler does on the mat. My comment doesn't mean I do not like Flo, because I love their website for information for sure.

Reactions: vhsalum
Since you are taking things so seriously, you are right, so we can remove the "at all" on what you quoted me on.

But when I look at predictions or rankings that they do, I am not sure I have ever seen where they lean OK State's way when it comes to them/everyone being on the fence.

Example, Merrill commits to OK State and then Dillan Johnson jumps him in the HWT rankings. Another example, out of all of the U20 team, they pick Lockett as the only one to DNP. He just teched last year's U20 World Champ a few months ago.

I know rankings and predictions are just for entertainment. Always comes down to what the wrestler does on the mat. My comment doesn't mean I do not like Flo, because I love their website for information for sure.
Johnson competed more. Pretty easy there.

And them picking Lockett to DNP is just more respect for the weight than anything else.

My point is more that, Flo is NOT ESPN. They don’t have personalities that don’t like programs - they can’t afford to.

Merrill in high school and Lockett in high school is just a really weird way to show evidence anti-okstate bias.

It just amazes me that fans can really think that FLO is anti any school. Because if you ask a fan, somehow Flo is anti-okstate, anti-Iowa, anti-PSU.

Either they are truly anti-all these schools, or they’re just telling the truth the way they see it and no one has to agree with them. Which, fine, don’t. That’s half the fun.

But let’s not make generalities that an organization that literally depends on these programs (as opposed to say, the NFL, where you can openly afford to hate on one team) - does.

Reactions: OHkie
Johnson competed more. Pretty easy there.

And them picking Lockett to DNP is just more respect for the weight than anything else.

My point is more that, Flo is NOT ESPN. They don’t have personalities that don’t like programs - they can’t afford to.

Merrill in high school and Lockett in high school is just a really weird way to show evidence anti-okstate bias.

It just amazes me that fans can really think that FLO is anti any school. Because if you ask a fan, somehow Flo is anti-okstate, anti-Iowa, anti-PSU.

Either they are truly anti-all these schools, or they’re just telling the truth the way they see it and no one has to agree with them. Which, fine, don’t. That’s half the fun.

But let’s not make generalities that an organization that literally depends on these programs (as opposed to say, the NFL, where you can openly afford to hate on one team) - does.
I just edited my entire response back to you.

Everyone has opinions, I said mine, you said yours, and we all know what else everyone has!

Your opinion or mine doesn't make us the smartest person in the room!

And just for the record, ESPN sucks!

Last edited:
Greco Roman is like USA Soccer (not exactly but some similarities I guess). We have a lot of kids interested in it and they stop when they're young because there aren't many prospects in it (particularly for college scholarships and NIL)

Meanwhile the rest of the world likes it, we call it "boring"

Pennstate1985, You must catch a lot of worms at 4:45AM.
5:45am. In my family, we had 9 people with one bathroom and an outhouse. We got up at 5:30 every morning to make the bus at 7am. I still get up before 6 every morning even on weekends and holidays and vacation. I honestly don't know how people can get up at 6 some days and noon on other days.

WARNING: Early morning scores from U20 Freestyle. I took a page from Pennstate1985 and started watching at 3AM.
Ryder at 79kg had a 10-0 tech fall in first period. Duke had a 10-0 tech fall at 70kg and Bassett had to work for his tech fall over the Ukranian at 65kg winning 19-8. At the end of the first period it was 7-6 Bassett but in the 2nd the Ukranian gassed out and after going ahead 8-7 gave up the next 12 points to Bassett.

Bassett won 19-8 but gave up exposure four different times off his shots. His opponent was a great counter wrestler but Bassett wore him down in the 2nd and he got some easy TDs for the tech. Bassett is better than I ever dreamed of becoming but he would benefit from a slightly slower pace and take his time to finish shots. In some respects he reminds me of Mesenbrink. All pace all the time with the firm belief that you can wear out the opponent.

Ryder appears to be improving on his neutral game and adding in some Dake bombs along the way. Will be exciting to watch his progression in college.

I got up at 4:30 for this. 3am? You're a crazy man. Aren't you something like 102? Pace yourself so I don't look so bad. 🤣
After almost 3hrs. I feel like 102. Third cup of Coffee is kicking in however. They wrestled one match at 57kg and then stopped. I do not know what is going on with that. BTW I did go to bed last night at 8pm so I got about 6-7 hours of sleep.

Bassett wins again. Not sure if it was fall or tech fall but was leading 7-0 in first period. Ref may have called fall but I did not see it.

Reactions: BD07
We had nine matches in first two rounds and won eight of them by tech fall and the other was a 8-0 decision. Lilledahl has Ankush from India in the semis, Bassett wrestles another India wrestler at 65kg, Duke wrestles a Mongolian and Rademacher wrestles a Georgian in the semis.

Long day already as I Meant Qtrs not semis but we now have 2 in the semis as Lilledahl had our first close match dec. Ankush from India 4-3 to get to the semis.

Rademacher dec. 4-0 for our 5th Semi-finalist. I have to say that Bassett's opponent from India may have been the largest 65kg wrestler in the world. Looked much bigger than that as did the opponent of Rademacher who made one shot with about 10 seconds to go for his only offensive move. 5 out of 5 ain't bad. The semis are shown to start at 12:45pm.

Rademacher dec. 4-0 for our 5th Semi-finalist. I have to say that Bassett's opponent from India may have been the largest 65kg wrestler in the world. Looked much bigger than that as did the opponent of Rademacher who made one shot with about 10 seconds to go for his only offensive move. 5 out of 5 ain't bad. The semis are shown to start at 12:45pm.
I think the semis are 10:45am Eastern.

Semi-Finals

Mat A
65kg - Bo Bassett VS Makoto Hosokawa (JPN)
79kg - Zackary Ryder VS Said Saidulov (AIN)
97kg - Justin Rademacher VS Rizebek Aitmukhan (KAZ)

Mat B
57kg - Luke Lilledahl VS Hayko Gasparyan (ARM)
70kg - PJ Duke VS Magomed Baitukaev (AIN)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT