ADVERTISEMENT

Trump vs Kamala Debate

ABC moderators have been terribly biased from what I’ve seen, clearly harder questions to Trump. Kamala has been overall good. No maniac laughing and pretty straightforward comments (not always answers). Trump has looked angry most of the time, which I haven’t really seen before. I’d say Kamala comes out looking better, but, again, had huge help from the moderators.

ABC moderators have been terribly biased from what I’ve seen, clearly harder questions to Trump. Kamala has been overall good. No maniac laughing and pretty straightforward comments (not always answers). Trump has looked angry most of the time, which I haven’t really seen before. I’d say Kamala comes out looking better, but, again, had huge help from the moderators.
Very fair take, sss. Live fact checking is a horrible idea… and especially when you only fact one party. News flash… all sides and parties lie. She could’ve been fact checked multiple times and actually answer the question

She was undoubtably crisper and rehearsed but never held accountable. Trump had a very off, unfocused night IMO

Will there be another? Harris wants one

Reactions: SSS!!! and fatman76
President Trump took on all three of 'em and still beat their ass. His closing sealed it when he said Kamala has been there 3 and a half years and could've done all the things she's promising now but didn't and never will.
You heard what you wanted to hear. What's amazing to me after all this time is how lazy he is. He STILL doesen't really understand the issues and this has been his main job since 2015. He had no new platform to offer. Kamala's is crap, but at least she has some ideas.

BTW, I will vote for Trump. But to defend this performance is just to ignore reality.

President Trump took on all three of 'em and still beat their ass. His closing sealed it when he said Kamala has been there 3 and a half years and could've done all the things she's promising now but didn't and never will.
I think Trump was Trump, and he got some good shots in. She was obviously trying to bait him and constantly stepping on her own answers. All she had to do is not be a clown she succeeded, she wasn't a clown... finaly.

Did the debate change what you expected from Trump, no. Did the debate tell me she needs to be carried on everything, yes.

I think it comes down to that.

In other words, Trump lost the spineless NSG vote.
You are part of the problem. Republicans can't win unless they do 3 things:

1) Win almost all the Republican vote.
2) Win at least SOME Democrats.
3) Win the Independent vote.

That's the only way they win a general election. Since Trump was NEVER going to achieve points 1 and 2 he is a loser candidate.

Desantis would have been leading in 43 states at this stage.

Wow. I mean I think we all knew the moderators would cover for Kamala, and that they would fact-check Trump, but I honestly did not expect them to let Kamala get away with multiple lies. She's on video saying she will end fracking in PA on Day One, 'very fine people' hoax and mods didn't say a word.

She finished her sentences, so the media can spin this was a breathtaking performance.

The moment of the night was Trump's closing: She says all these things she will do, she's had 3.5 years to do them, what happened?

Polls will immediately jump Kamala up to 4-5 points ahead, then after a week they will start going back down. By next debate it will be back to 1-2 points again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. This will give the sheep a reason to come out of the woodwork, as we can already see ITT.

BTW, the mods saying nothing is happening in Springfield Ohio is NOT going to go over well in that area of Ohio. That is going to backfire on them bigly and the fact that the left is so desperate to bury this story tells you that they know how damaging it is. Trump should have done a better job of pinning her to it and making it known that she brought all the Haitians in and will continue to do so.

You heard what you wanted to hear. What's amazing to me after all this time is how lazy he is. He STILL doesen't really understand the issues and this has been his main job since 2015. He had no new platform to offer. Kamala's is crap, but at least she has some ideas.

BTW, I will vote for Trump. But to defend this performance is just to ignore reality.
Kamala has literally zero actual policy positions.

She never explained her massive flip flops.

She had no answer for why she hasn’t done all the things she said she was going to do while in office.

Trump did get mad a few times and that was a bad look, but it’s 3v1.

He stuck to the economy and the border as much as he could and those are both massive failures of this administration that directly affect everyday life. He destroyed her on foreign policy.

She cackled twice and in the last 30 minutes she got into several word salads because her prep failed her. Her non verbal reactions came across contrived and fake.

The moderators were so biased, it was ridiculous. They were providing rebuttals to only one candidate.

Lastly - he never looked at her. He never came across as attacking or physically intimidating which would have sunk him. He focused on the moderators and when he addressed her he either looked at them or did it through them. That was pretty disciplined.

Lastly - he never looked at her. He never came across as attacking or physically intimidating which would have sunk him. He focused on the moderators and when he addressed her he either looked at them or did it through them. That was pretty disciplined.
Yep, he made a point to never look at her. Sending a message to her and the audience that she isn't even worth my attention.

He had no new platform to offer.
Too lazy to do 5 seconds of research, eh?

1. SEAL THE BORDER, AND STOP THE MIGRANT INVASION
  2. CARRY OUT THE LARGEST DEPORTATION OPERATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY
  3. END INFLATION, AND MAKE AMERICA AFFORDABLE AGAIN
  4. MAKE AMERICA THE DOMINANT ENERGY PRODUCER IN THE WORLD, BY FAR!
  5. STOP OUTSOURCING, AND TURN THE UNITED STATES INTO A MANUFACTURING SUPERPOWER
  6. LARGE TAX CUTS FOR WORKERS, AND NO TAX ON TIPS!
  7. DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
  8. PREVENT WORLD WAR THREE, RESTORE PEACE IN EUROPE AND IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND BUILD A GREAT IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE SHIELD OVER OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY -- ALL MADE IN AMERICA
  9. END THE WEAPONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
  10. STOP THE MIGRANT CRIME EPIDEMIC, DEMOLISH THE FOREIGN DRUG CARTELS, CRUSH GANG VIOLENCE, AND LOCK UP VIOLENT OFFENDERS
  11. REBUILD OUR CITIES, INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC, MAKING THEM SAFE, CLEAN, AND BEAUTIFUL AGAIN.
  12. STRENGTHEN AND MODERNIZE OUR MILITARY, MAKING IT, WITHOUT QUESTION, THE STRONGEST AND MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD
  13. KEEP THE U.S. DOLLAR AS THE WORLD'S RESERVE CURRENCY
  14. FIGHT FOR AND PROTECT SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE WITH NO CUTS, INCLUDING NO CHANGES TO THE RETIREMENT AGE
  15. CANCEL THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANDATE AND CUT COSTLY AND BURDENSOME REGULATIONS
  16. CUT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ANY SCHOOL PUSHING CRITICAL RACE THEORY, RADICAL GENDER IDEOLOGY, AND OTHER INAPPROPRIATE RACIAL, SEXUAL, OR POLITICAL CONTENT ON OUR CHILDREN
  17. KEEP MEN OUT OF WOMEN'S SPORTS
  18. DEPORT PRO-HAMAS RADICALS AND MAKE OUR COLLEGE CAMPUSES SAFE AND PATRIOTIC AGAIN
  19. SECURE OUR ELECTIONS, INCLUDING SAME DAY VOTING, VOTER IDENTIFICATION, PAPER BALLOTS, AND PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
  20. UNITE OUR COUNTRY BY BRINGING IT TO NEW AND RECORD LEVELS OF SUCCESS

The 3.5 year as VP thing doesn’t really land for me. What things did Trump let Pence do during his 4 years? The only VP that has ever really had any influence is Dick Cheney. VPs are mainly just extensions of their President. Don’t get me wrong, she’s been more invisible than most VPs and particularly unremarkable, but they don’t get much done on their own.

7. DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
  8. PREVENT WORLD WAR THREE, RESTORE PEACE IN EUROPE AND IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND BUILD A GREAT IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE SHIELD OVER OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY -- ALL MADE IN AMERICA
  10. STOP THE MIGRANT CRIME EPIDEMIC, DEMOLISH THE FOREIGN DRUG CARTELS, CRUSH GANG VIOLENCE, AND LOCK UP VIOLENT OFFENDERS
  11. REBUILD OUR CITIES, INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC, MAKING THEM SAFE, CLEAN, AND BEAUTIFUL AGAIN.
  12. STRENGTHEN AND MODERNIZE OUR MILITARY, MAKING IT, WITHOUT QUESTION, THE STRONGEST AND MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD
  14. FIGHT FOR AND PROTECT SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE WITH NO CUTS, INCLUDING NO CHANGES TO THE RETIREMENT AGE
  15. CANCEL THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANDATE AND CUT COSTLY AND BURDENSOME REGULATIONS
  16. CUT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ANY SCHOOL PUSHING CRITICAL RACE THEORY, RADICAL GENDER IDEOLOGY, AND OTHER INAPPROPRIATE RACIAL, SEXUAL, OR POLITICAL CONTENT ON OUR CHILDREN
  18. DEPORT PRO-HAMAS RADICALS AND MAKE OUR COLLEGE CAMPUSES SAFE AND PATRIOTIC AGAIN
  19. SECURE OUR ELECTIONS, INCLUDING SAME DAY VOTING, VOTER IDENTIFICATION, PAPER BALLOTS, AND PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
Yep, here come the sheep. Needed to get their talking points first. Morning shift tomorrow will see more.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
If Kamala takes this as a win and backs out of a second debate she will go into hiding until November. That could be the best thing for Trump.

Reactions: fatman76

Thank you for posting this.

Now look at her “policies” and tell me which is more specific.

It’s a bunch of hopes and dreams, no actual plan.

Trump could have gone after the 13 lost and the attack for going to Arlington more. I was screaming that.

But she got into several word salads in the last 30. She was sharper early but she wore down or forgot talking points.
Here is a truth, lots of people (non political) at my job today were talking about the immigrants eating the animals, all believe it. So though that seems nutty to you and me, that might have landed to people who only casually follow politics.

You are part of the problem. Republicans can't win unless they do 3 things:

1) Win almost all the Republican vote.
2) Win at least SOME Democrats.
3) Win the Independent vote.

That's the only way they win a general election. Since Trump was NEVER going to achieve points 1 and 2 he is a loser candidate.

Desantis would have been leading in 43 states at this stage.
If we have to cater to spineless NSGs (like McKeating5 and Mittens), then what’s the point of winning?

They don't, but people in the 'real world' hear blurbs on ABC/CBS/NBC and that's all they know of the debate.
If the debate comes down to soundbites, Trump won hands down. I can't think of a sound bite that sticks from her. I can think of many from Trump.

Keep in mind campaigns are snapshots and soundbites.

The 3.5 year as VP thing doesn’t really land for me. What things did Trump let Pence do during his 4 years? The only VP that has ever really had any influence is Dick Cheney. VPs are mainly just extensions of their President. Don’t get me wrong, she’s been more invisible than most VPs and particularly unremarkable, but they don’t get much done on their own.
That isn’t untrue, but she’s copying and pasting Joe’s agenda. And bragging about all they did together.

So you have to go after that.

If the debate comes down to soundbites, Trump won hands down. I can't think of a sound bite that sticks from her. I can think of many from Trump.

Keep in mind campaigns are snapshots and soundbites.
Trump had a great close. The highlight of the night for either candidate.

But the reality is, he missed some oops tonight. He could have done a better job pointing out she has no plan and what little she has announced was copied from Trump.

To be fair, it was 3 v 1 and we don't know how that looked to the voters. Might have backfired big-time.

The difference is that the present POTUS has not been running the show the last 3.5 years, and Scamala is the first mate. This is HER presidency, because it sure as hell isn’t Biden’s.

Trump had a great close. The highlight of the night for either candidate.

But the reality is, he missed some oops tonight. He could have done a better job pointing out she has no plan and what little she has announced was copied from Trump.

To be fair, it was 3 v 1 and we don't know how that looked to the voters. Might have backfired big-time.
Trump always misses the kill shot on debates. I can't think of one debate he was in that I didn't have a problem with just that. And he has had a lot debates.

Trump always misses the kill shot on debates. I can't think if one debate he was in that I did have a problem with just that. And he has had a lot debates.
Trump is not a lawyer.
Trump was not on the debate team.

As a lawyer, and as a former teenager who felt nothing but contempt for the HS debate team, I find both of those things appealing in a president.

An absolutely great night for Vice President Kamala Harris. She whupped Trump all over that stage tonight. Baited him over and over again and then just laughed at him lol! Everyone saw tonight how easy it is to bait Trump and how he has no discipline, which of course explains so many of his failures as President.

Harris was on message, disciplined, and presented a positive and joyful future for Americans. A turning of the page from the disaster to her right.

Not surprised at all by this btw. Those of us who have supported Harris for years knew if she ever stood on the debate stage with Trump, she would easily beat him like a drum.

And then Taylor Swift endorses her.😁

We aren't going back!

BTW,
An absolutely great night for Vice President Kamala Harris. She whupped Trump all over that stage tonight. Baited him over and over again and then just laughed at him lol! Everyone saw tonight how easy it is to bait Trump and how he has no discipline, which of course explains so many of his failures as President.

Harris was on message, disciplined, and presented a positive and joyful future for Americans. A turning of the page from the disaster to her right.

Not surprised at all by this btw. Those of us who have supported Harris for years knew if she ever stood on the debate stage with Trump, she would easily beat him like a drum.

And then Taylor Swift endorses her.😁

We aren't going back!
Damn, it took them that long to send you those talking points? You know you’re screwed, skippy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT